Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

6 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

I don't know the whole details. I'm just some French guy, so I don't follow these things every day.:idk:

When I was a kid, I used to consider Bush and his goons to be pro-censorship, anti-freedom, authoritarian... and 20 years later, I think Biden behaves like Bush in the 2000s.

No worries at all. Why I'm trying to spell out who Ron is as a person much less as a politician. All you need to know is he's as anti-human and earth as you can get.

And no comparing Bush to Biden aside from them growing up in the same generational environment. Bush still comes from those who are anti-progress in pretty much every aspect important to life and liberty.

episode 6 HOD dropped with the new, aged up actors.

Aegon II looks so much like an archetypical anime character.  I'm thinking Griffith from Berserk and others.

berserk-griffith-1256507.jpg

Some comments are calling him a boy Homelander, it will be cool to see how he and Aemond develop.

On 9/23/2022 at 12:12 AM, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

No worries at all. Why I'm trying to spell out who Ron is as a person much less as a politician. All you need to know is he's as anti-human and earth as you can get.

And no comparing Bush to Biden aside from them growing up in the same generational environment. Bush still comes from those who are anti-progress in pretty much every aspect important to life and liberty.

Honestly, I don't know enough about it all this. I used to be interested with what happened in the US, but it's less the case today. 

I've also lost interest in the American entertainment (cause it became increasingly political).

I remember Bush's era (I was a young teen then). For me, Bush was the symbol of intolerance, war and anti-liberty. He indulged "big corporations" and used fallacious pretexts to impose control and weaken the debate. What I see from the Biden administration doesn't seem different and the strength of big tech makes it scarier to me. But maybe I'm wrong :idk:

48 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

How do you find the series so far?

I recommend it, it's a very good show.   Very little wokeness or agenda.  

It is not up to the level of Game of Thrones during its prime (a 6 out of 5 show, a unicorn) but it is very well made, top tier show.  I would give show maybe a 4.5 out of 5 so far.

My favorite episode was episode 3.

It is a different style of 'Game of Thrones'.  The original was full length, highly detailed prose.  This one moves extremely fast, with condensed events and a lot of things happening.  There are time jumps of years between episodes.

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

I tend to find more meaning in fictions that are detached from current events than the current events...

I feel the same way, philosophy and great stories that illustrate truth & the greatest experiences get straight to the point.

On 9/22/2022 at 3:12 PM, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

I mean, Bush read books to children, Biden smells them. They have some similarities...

And you can use the argument that DeSantis took all the democratic sanctuary cities at face value. Didn't they say they would be there to support and help all the asylum seekers given the chance. DeSantis just offered them the opportunity to put their money where their mouth was. To bad they seemed to have forgotten the very things they "stood" for. Not DeSantis' fault that he promised the very things these sanctuary cities said they would do.

per the exercise discussion,

I've been doing the same routine for many years now.  

Besides 9 hours of walking/hiking a week,

I just use a pair of 65 lb. dumbbells at home and do 240 push-ups twice a week.

with the dumbbells I do shoulders/triceps, biceps, and forearms.  Each group twice a week.  Really simple.  

All the weight lifting/push ups amounts to approx. 3 1/2 hours a week.

1 hour ago, phenobarbie said:

I mean, Bush read books to children, Biden smells them. They have some similarities...

And you can use the argument that DeSantis took all the democratic sanctuary cities at face value. Didn't they say they would be there to support and help all the asylum seekers given the chance. DeSantis just offered them the opportunity to put their money where their mouth was. To bad they seemed to have forgotten the very things they "stood" for. Not DeSantis' fault that he promised the very things these sanctuary cities said they would do.

Simply put, you DO NOT USE desperate people looking for asylum after traveling miles of danger for a better life and use them as a political stunt! DeSantis took nobody at "face value". He pulled this grotesque stunt to further his disgraced political career for his base of minions. Thankfully, the migrants were meet with warm hearts who feed, clothed, and provided resources so these poor individuals who just want a better life like anyone else with a pulse. So you see, what those at Martha's Vineyard did is an example of how you treat those less fortunate, those who are destitute! This did nothing more than prove what a piece of sh@t DeSantis and his bunch are. You know, for a supposed party who loves to spout Christian values. DeSantis and the Republican party as a whole sure do everything humanly possible to go against the grain of their so called 'holy book' or just being decent f@#king people!

In closing, stop thinking of this as "I am rubber and you are glue" antics. You don't play with peoples lives when they are in need of help. We all occupy the same little dusty ball spinning in the middle of space. We would do better to come together as a whole to lift each other up when times are tough. Those who seek to divide us with hate and vitriol are doing so for their perversions of power and control. I guarantee you that all us will need help at one time or another in our life. Imagine the response each and every time was to vilify you as an enemy and spit on your pleas for help. Something tells me you wouldn't like the taste of hate very much.

7 minutes ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

Simply put, you DO NOT USE desperate people looking for asylum after traveling miles of danger for a better life and use them as a political stunt! DeSantis took nobody at "face value". He pulled this grotesque stunt to further his disgraced political career for his base of minions. Thankfully, the migrants were meet with warm hearts who feed, clothed, and provided resources so these poor individuals who just want a better life like anyone else with a pulse. So you see, what those at Martha's Vineyard did is an example of how you treat those less fortunate, those who are destitute! This did nothing more than prove what a piece of sh@t DeSantis and his bunch are. You know, for a supposed party who loves to spout Christian values. DeSantis and the Republican party as a whole sure do everything humanly possible to go against the grain of their so called 'holy book' or just being decent f@#king people!

In closing, stop thinking of this as "I am rubber and you are glue" antics. You don't play with peoples lives when they are in need of help. We all occupy the same little dusty ball spinning in the middle of space. We would do better to come together as a whole to lift each other up when times are tough. Those who seek to divide us with hate and vitriol are doing so for their perversions of power and control. I guarantee you that all us will need help at one time or another in our life. Imagine the response each and every time was to vilify you as an enemy and spit on your pleas for help. Something tells me you wouldn't like the taste of hate very much.

So just to confirm, we should not believe what the sanctuary cities are saying and that sending the very people who they proclaim they want to help to them is wrong?

But the border states who have stated they are being overrun by immigrants who have entered the United States illegally should have to deal with them.... because the Democrats said they should?

You'd think the Democrats who go on about helping the poor unfortunate immigrants fleeing for a better life would have jumped at the opportunity to help them. But, if what I read was correct they couldn't pass them off to the military fast enough.  The idea that people who are not citizens of a country almost have more rights then actual citizens is ridiculous.

But thank you, I'm so glad you were able to spell it out for me Dave. I misunderstood the situation. Empty platitudes from the liberal government are okay, but apparently when you are asked to put your money where your mouth is it's not.

1 hour ago, phenobarbie said:

So just to confirm, we should not believe what the sanctuary cities are saying and that sending the very people who they proclaim they want to help to them is wrong?

But the border states who have stated they are being overrun by immigrants who have entered the United States illegally should have to deal with them.... because the Democrats said they should?

You'd think the Democrats who go on about helping the poor unfortunate immigrants fleeing for a better life would have jumped at the opportunity to help them. But, if what I read was correct they couldn't pass them off to the military fast enough.  The idea that people who are not citizens of a country almost have more rights then actual citizens is ridiculous.

But thank you, I'm so glad you were able to spell it out for me Dave. I misunderstood the situation. Empty platitudes from the liberal government are okay, but apparently when you are asked to put your money where your mouth is it's not.

This whole idea of "sanctuary cities" only came about due to the fact that we had an entire party vilifying immigrants to begin with. This country as a whole should be a beacon of light for those looking to better themselves and the communities they eventually reside in (immigrants add to communities overwhelmingly by the way). And mind you, we've been trying for immigration reform for decades but every time we are up for a vote, Republicans shoot down every proposal. Heck, back when Republicans had all branches off government. They had zero plans or attempts to fix the issue of immigration that they love to calmer over when democrats are in charge yet are quick to put their tail between their legs when it's their turn. I'm not her to say democrats are the shinning beacon of solutions but they've more than tried but obstructionist republicans are always there to squash any attempts.

Once again, we all inhabit the same little dusty ball that spins in the middle of space. Trying to label people and bunch them up as some "invading force" does nothing for anyone. We are a globally intertwined community. What happens in one part of the world has reverberation that affect many other parts. Whether it be war, climate change, unforeseen global events. If we try this nationalist approach about just worrying about our own people and saying "the hell with the rest!". We will only add to the inhuman treatment of those seeking help. I wonder, if there comes a time when your region is under duress and no one comes to lift so much a finger to help thy neighbor... you think that's a good approach for humanity? I understand how making this a polarized topic might be great for political parties but is that what you want for people? Help only if you are rich, white, or with connections. Rugged individualism if you're poor, brown, seeking help?

There are plenty of resources to help everyone. Let's not make this about liberal this or conservative that. Reality is, we have an entire party who's completely lost all sense of reality and lives in this bubble of hate, conspiracy theories, lies, deceit, and just sheer stupidity to salvage America? :rofl: I'm sorry but you have to see the written on the wall to know this is all about absolute control at any cost. And it's going to cost Republicans dearly soon enough! I hate the 2 party system we have but I know when one is a sprained ankle that can heal. While the other is terminal cancer that will eventually envelop its host and kill it off.

53 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

@Stormbringer - Do you do Halloween in your country?  I've already spent a small fortune on Candy, and I just bought even more. When you have spent 400$ on Candy in less then a month, there is a big problem. :rofl: BUT HALLOWEEN :chicken: worth.

O.O

Yes, some people do, but I've never been too enthusiast about it :rofl:

14 hours ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

This whole idea of "sanctuary cities" only came about due to the fact that we had an entire party vilifying immigrants to begin with. This country as a whole should be a beacon of light for those looking to better themselves and the communities they eventually reside in (immigrants add to communities overwhelmingly by the way). And mind you, we've been trying for immigration reform for decades but every time we are up for a vote, Republicans shoot down every proposal. Heck, back when Republicans had all branches off government. They had zero plans or attempts to fix the issue of immigration that they love to calmer over when democrats are in charge yet are quick to put their tail between their legs when it's their turn. I'm not her to say democrats are the shinning beacon of solutions but they've more than tried but obstructionist republicans are always there to squash any attempts.

Once again, we all inhabit the same little dusty ball that spins in the middle of space. Trying to label people and bunch them up as some "invading force" does nothing for anyone. We are a globally intertwined community. What happens in one part of the world has reverberation that affect many other parts. Whether it be war, climate change, unforeseen global events. If we try this nationalist approach about just worrying about our own people and saying "the hell with the rest!". We will only add to the inhuman treatment of those seeking help. I wonder, if there comes a time when your region is under duress and no one comes to lift so much a finger to help thy neighbor... you think that's a good approach for humanity? I understand how making this a polarized topic might be great for political parties but is that what you want for people? Help only if you are rich, white, or with connections. Rugged individualism if you're poor, brown, seeking help?

There are plenty of resources to help everyone. Let's not make this about liberal this or conservative that. Reality is, we have an entire party who's completely lost all sense of reality and lives in this bubble of hate, conspiracy theories, lies, deceit, and just sheer stupidity to salvage America? :rofl: I'm sorry but you have to see the written on the wall to know this is all about absolute control at any cost. And it's going to cost Republicans dearly soon enough! I hate the 2 party system we have but I know when one is a sprained ankle that can heal. While the other is terminal cancer that will eventually envelop its host and kill it off.

You're right, the Republicans do shut down most of the "potential reform bills" because they are loaded with so many things that have nothing to do with immigration and everything to do with lining political parties pockets. Kind of like the Covid relief bill that had everything up to and including funding other countries with relief and almost nothing for American citizens.

I am a very firm believer of borders and legal immigration is fine, however when you have people "fleeing" their countries due to corrupt regimes, cartels, gang bangers etc and illegally crossing the border you create a problem. The idea is you're coming to America to come for a better life, but when you have no legal process you cannot exclude the problems, which is why they have stated multiple times that it's not just "mommies and their babies" coming across but in fact the cartel and gang bangers and sex traffickers etc. Not only that, but how do you propose to have a better life if you're not following the legal process and you don't have access to the resources available and you're not paying taxes. You have no SSN, no work visa, (so you can only get the lowest end of jobs with very little compensation) and you're forced quite frequently to live in absolutely deplorable living conditions. So by turning a blind eye to the reality we are in fact creating a worse situation for these people.

I lived in California in a "not great area" and there were 4-5 households in a 3 bedroom living in shit conditions. Let's not even talk about when I lived in Napa when all of the vineyards were hiring illegals and being crammed into buildings that were completely inhumane. Barely any running water, one bathroom for 25+ people. No privacy, the bare minimum of food and no AC in California in the middle of the summer. YAY! Better life right? That's what happens when you have people circumventing the legal process. They are afraid to report these conditions and so those people that support them crossing illegally for a "better life" are in fact helping to create more "slavery". There is due process for a reason.

But hey, it's the same dusty ball and all right?

You need to get off your high horse and assume that people only care about "rich white people" because that is the narrative that the left is forcing down everyone's throat. There are more aid packages and resources available for people who are not white then you seem to think. The fact that AP classes no longer follow actual academic levels and have to have "brown and black people" to meet a quota is insulting and brings down the whole education system.

What I find absolutely hilarious Dave is that you sit there and saw we need to "come together" and then post this shit.

Reality is, we have an entire party who's completely lost all sense of reality and lives in this bubble of hate, conspiracy theories, lies, deceit, and just sheer stupidity to salvage America?

So, is this how you come together? You must have been a riot on team sports in school.

20 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

per the exercise discussion,

I've been doing the same routine for many years now.  

Besides 9 hours of walking/hiking a week,

I just use a pair of 65 lb. dumbbells at home and do 240 push-ups twice a week.

with the dumbbells I do shoulders/triceps, biceps, and forearms.  Each group twice a week.  Really simple.  

All the weight lifting/push ups amounts to approx. 3 1/2 hours a week.

Do you do this as a healthy habit or do you try to progress and have a goal?

You don't do legs/back?

21 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

I recommend it, it's a very good show.   Very little wokeness or agenda.  

It is not up to the level of Game of Thrones during its prime (a 6 out of 5 show, a unicorn) but it is very well made, top tier show.  I would give show maybe a 4.5 out of 5 so far.

My favorite episode was episode 3.

It is a different style of 'Game of Thrones'.  The original was full length, highly detailed prose.  This one moves extremely fast, with condensed events and a lot of things happening.  There are time jumps of years between episodes.

I'll have to try to watch it soon. This show kinda has a darkness in it, doesn't it? A Dark Souls type ambiance or some sort.