Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

21 hours ago, jkjk said:

History has shown that it's not very likely humans will ever agree on what the priorities are and how to straighten them :smile: . Theoretically, a global virus pandemic could have been a thing to cause humans to do something like that (similar to how humans come together in an alien movie), but it only revealed problems and caused conflict.

It will be okay when humans go extinct, it happens to every species eventually.   :smile:

Well, we have achieved great things in the past centuries, including medical progress.

In the 19th century, Pasteur discovered the principle of vaccination by using inactivated viruses to stimulate the immune system! Pretty awesome. Then, we learned to use proteins, toxins and even synthetic vaccines! Now, many illnesses are nearly extinct. When we found out that cholera was caused by contaminated water, we improved sewer treatment. We discovered antibiotics in 1928, etc.

Nowadays, there are much less infectious diseases (covid is an exception). Our problems seem to be more and more caused by our food and our environment (chemicals particuarly).

Before the 18th/19th century, most illnesses were treated by bloodletting! So, we're slow, but we learn stuff! If we look at how much we've improved, I'd say we're pretty damn good. Of course, we're not as good as what we would want to be (especially as a collective), but ideals are here to guide us, not to be respected.

I also think that conflict is very useful for improvement. Uniformity actual impedes researcg. Anyway, I'll stop there, because I'm rambling on again :laugh:

ShyImperfectImperatorangel-size_restrict

5 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

It’s disgusting what some breeders have done to such a wonderful breed as is the German Shepherd... :( 

I agree! Dogs (and cats) should only be bred if you’re doing show dogs. I hate how there is a glut on these creatures. That dog’s slope is way too much, it looks like hip dysplasia. 

On the first look, I wondered, is it a German Shepard or is it a Malinois dog? They look similar to either one. 

28 minutes ago, CandleVixen said:

I agree! Dogs (and cats) should only be bred if you’re doing show dogs. I hate how there is a glut on these creatures. That dog’s slope is way too much, it looks like hip dysplasia. 

I have no problem with breeding dogs, in general, but not to this level of... deformation :( And it's usually in show dogs where this happens the most and to a bigger level

It's so sad to see such an exaggerated slope on this dog's back.

On better things, I just finished recording a new original song :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken: 

2 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Quite interesting in the statistics. It reminds me about the odds of one of my friends who her first and last children were born in the same day. 

Me and my dad share the same birthday (September 5th) :happy:

2 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Now my phone is wet!!

Sorry about your phone :blush:

Recent thoughts about the virus:

- The gap between the countries who are handling this well and those who are not is only going to grow.

- I am less confident than I have been that a vaccine will be created and distributed widely enough to matter.

9 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

On better things, I just finished recording a new original song :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken: 

Yea!! 

that slope on the German Sheppard looks like it is squatting to go potty.

I agree with you about the breeding, etc.

The CV growth rate has slowed significantly in Bergen County NJ but it's still alarming.

The worst town has around 1,300 cases, my town (2) has 1,300 too.  If it followed earlier growth rates, we would have been past the 2,000 mark by now.