Bellazon

Natalia Vodianova
Thumbnail

Evelyn

What does her occasional smoking have to do with her makeup product choices? What would be eliminated?

I do not think we have evidence to assert that she is a habitual serious smoker.

The only relation that I see is between her doing Guerlain campaigns and some of the products she revealed she uses... But she's done that before - with L'Oreal and CK products.

Thank you, meloni_xmy! these are great! I like Natalia's look in the editorial and she seemed having fun on the set.
Thanks, meloni! :laugh::wave:

I don't know how, but I'll have to buy this Vogue China issue. eBay, for sure.

Now, I can't wait for the Tatler Russia editorial... :whistle:

:wave:

Here is one more pic in the magazine. :laugh: Sry for the poor pixel. :blush:

post-47851-1305618562_thumb.jpg

With regard to the above laundry list of makeups, I'm certain much of the need for these would be eliminated if she quit smoking.

I agree, all these vitamins are unnecessary for someone has a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle... Actually one reads more and more that all these supplements are more of a marketing business than really effective.

I don't know if we can call her a heavy smoker, but she certainly smoked a lot when she was younger. I remember reading an article about her and her husband a few years ago, and it was mentioned how they were 'chain-smoking'

I'm a non-smoker and I don't see what in her list could be necessarily crossed out if she didn't smoke. Supplements are taken even if you have a balanced diet, this is a personal choice. I take Omega-3, One a Day and Glucosamine. Moisturizers? Moisturizers have nothing to do with smoking or not smoking. Even if you don't smoke, it's a good idea to use one for your type of skin. I'm a fan of Lancôme's and Clinique's. I use moisturizers since I turned 15, on my doctor's advice, while treating acne too.

I wish she gave up the cancer stick, too, but her essentials are pretty much the regular run of the mill for a woman her age.

I second that - don't see anything that needs to be eliminated. Everyone decides on his/her own which products they like/need. For example, though I eat healthy, exercise, and do not smoke, I also take multi-vitamins. I do not see how that questions anything in Natalia's beauty routine...

It seems strange that one should expect the views of health and nutrition to be similar across people. Many people take nutritional supplements in no connection to their smoking or non-smoking. Maybe she does it to boost the health of her nails and hair? Anyways, given that she birthed and breastfed three children, I very much doubt that she puffs cigarettes like an average chain-smoker.

Bottom line: smoking(any amount, over time) leads to poor skin, period. Poor skin requires more types AND/OR more amount of makeup to cover up. Now, that being said, I get that makeup is used to create certain effects. But for a natural look, in my opinion, less makeup looks better. Concealers are used to mask problems. Smoking creates problems for the skin, not just for Nat, but anyone.

Fair enough. As I said, I don't smoke and I don't like people smoking around me either. But I'll go back to my point: even non-smokers buy that stuff. Concealers are used not necessarily by smokers only. I myself apply concealer and most my non-smoker female friends do, it's nothing out of the ordinary.

I don't dispute the fact that smoking is bad for your skin; my only problem is with the idea that a non-smoker model wouldn't have need or want for those beauty essentials shown in Natalia's case. They're pretty regular products. :wave:

And, yeah, again, I wish she gave up the cancer stick once for all. :whistle:

wow, thanks so much!

Mainly it is about the upcoming White Love Ball (July 6, Paris, Valentino's mansion), which sounds absolutely amazing in its idea and effort, but the first page is quite shocking, raised my brows.... The author seems to be very familiar with Natalia (in fact she has a nickname for him Crocodile, because his first name is Gena and crocodile Gena is the famous cartoon character in Russian animation, my own little 2-year old son is in love with him currently) - from at least about 10 years ago but could not call her that often in the past because...

Here is the first shocker, it says that in the past Justin never welcomed Russian phone calls to Natalia. But now, "one can dial Natalia's home without hesitation", implication being that Justin is out of the house, of course. Second, to answer "how have you been ?" Natalia says: "Well, you probably know. In the last 1.5 year I have been feeling like a different person..."

wow, thanks so much!

Mainly it is about the upcoming White Love Ball (July 6, Paris, Valentino's mansion), which sounds absolutely amazing in its idea and effort, but the first page is quite shocking, raised my brows.... The author seems to be very familiar with Natalia (in fact she has a nickname for him Crocodile, because his first name is Gena and crocodile Gena is the famous cartoon character in Russian animation, my own little 2-year old son is in love with him currently) - from at least about 10 years ago but could not call her that often in the past because...

Here is the first shocker, it says that in the past Justin never welcomed Russian phone calls to Natalia. But now, "one can dial Natalia's home without hesitation", implication being that Justin is out of the house, of course. Second, to answer "how have you been ?" Natalia says: "Well, you probably know. In the last 1.5 year I have been feeling like a different person..."

Hmm... so, why hasn't she confirmed the obvious yet, I wonder...? She is always dropping the hints, but never admits the separation. In fact, she goes all the way to deny it. Thanks, pautinka!