Bellazon

Natalia Vodianova
Thumbnail

Evelyn

When you look at the gallery (second link) and the magnifier function, you can see Natalia's facial pigmentation/freckles? I was surprised to see them!!

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/daily/110525-v...-natalia-v.aspx

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/daily/110525-v...-v/gallery.aspx

NATALIA VODIANOVA, Raquel Zimmermann and Edie Campbell are among top models to star in a new collection of black and white untouched images, celebrating the official launch of Viva Model agency in London. Each of the company's girls has been photographed by Scott Trindle - without any make-up, hair or styling.

"It doesn't scare me that the images aren't retouched, it adds another layer of interest and intrigue," Trindle told us. "I'm as guilty of a slight polish in post as any, but having beautiful woman sit by a window doesn't fill me with unease. The fear that surrounds an un-retouched image is quite amazing - and again I'm no martyr. So much can be adapted in post, and so I suppose the main benefit is its purity."

Over the past year, each model has been asked to have their portrait taken by Trindle when visiting London - a slightly less glamorous setting than some may have been used to: in his Dalston flat.

"I suppose there is a level of irony having supermodels like Natalia and Raquel traipse through a £5 carwash and a cloud of Angel's barbecued jerk fumes, and I can't deny buying some flowers on the odd occasion to lighten the setting," the photographer said. "Even after three flights of stairs everyone was really receptive, and I think on the odd occasion welcomed the break from a hectic schedule of go-sees."

Viva's director Natalie Hand is thrilled with the results.

"His images stood out because it was just so interesting and rare for us to see the girls like that; he shot them with no additional hair, make-up or styling," she explained. "They were shot exactly as they were in person, exactly how they were when they walked through his door. And they looked really beautiful. The blemishes added to their charm. And you could definitely learn something about the model's real character from the pictures."