Bellazon

Kate Upton
Thumbnail

allus6ka

So the video was okay when it gave a boost to your carreer, but now you don't like it?  Can't have it both ways Kate. :rofl:

Chung , 31, wrote in the June issue article that the blonde beauty was 'horrified' that the video had been put on the internet as she had assumed it was being filmed for fun and wouldn't see the light of day.

It took you over a year to find the video on the internet? Seriously? :rofl: Lying is bad Kate.

Remember when Kate Upton was fun? What the hell has happened to her personality? She used to be young, fun and sexy. She just seems uptight now. I can't remember the last time she had a sexy photo shoot. Probably her last SI appearance and even before that there was a long drought.

I don't know. It seems to me that it happened before that. She's been boring for over a year now in my opinion. I agree with your second point though. I think her Hollywood turn might be the biggest factor. I'm not trying to hate on her or anything because I was a huge fan but it's just dissapointing to see where she's gone. She's probably more successful from a financial perspective but shes less interesting to me. This is all about her personality and career choices. Her physical changes are obvious as well but she's still a pretty girl. And I only bring this up because of the cat daddy comments. It's like "of course you don't like that now, that was when you were awesome"

This rather reminds me of when Sharon Stone claimed that she did not realize it was so apparent she was not wearing any panties during the famous beaver shot in "Basic Instinct".

Which was also a moment and a part which made her famous and turned her into a proper A-lister.

Yet she claimed that Paul Verhoeven (the director) had misled her.

That quote is from an old interview she gave to Vogue for the June 2014 issue:

It can be an intimidating prospect to stand up for one--self on a photoshoot. Nobody wants to run the risk of being perceived as "tricky" or "difficult" - once cemented, those labels can be hard to shake. Upton's sweet, girl-next-door face (depending on where you live) is the perfect foil for her personality: she's a woman with strong opinions. Terry Richardson found himself on the receiving end of her wrath in May 2012, when he uploaded his now infamous video of Upton in a teeny-weeny bikini doing the Cat Daddy, a dance craze that appears to involve a lot of grinding, "paws" aloft. The video received millions of hits on Youtube - not to mention a number of slow-motion versions for the more discerning customer - but, at the time, Upton was horrified because the behind-the-scenes video had been filmed for fun, not something she expected would make the final cut. Did she stand up to Richardson when she discovered it had gone viral? "Yes, I did. I was like, 'That was disrespectful, you could have told me!'" She couldn't stay angry: the video helped to secure Upton's global fame. "Now, obviously, it's fine," she says. I ask Richardson whether he feels somewhat responsible for Upton's rise to fame. "No," he demurs, "Kate was born a star."

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2015/04/07/kate-upton-shoot-and-interview-june-2014-issue-alexa-chung

I am disappointed that Kate didn't shoot for SI. It's most likely been discussed before but was that part of her new image?

I think people are just disappointed that she doesn't model swimsuits or lingerie much, or at all, anymore. She was good,people wanted to see her. Ultimately it seems to have been short lived. She wants to act. Reminds me of Laetitia Casta a bit.