Bellazon

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

wickedcrazyness

I am so sad because it is the end.

Harry Potter has been a part of my life for years and this movie marks the end of that.

:cry2:

Aw. But don't fret, it may be likely that you'll come out of this hobby with various new perspectives and emotional wavelengths. I've been through a similar experience. WW1-WW2-Vietnam were teenage obsessions for me and it was unfortunate to see old vets I knew pass and for me to exhaust all the material that I was interested in. Depth of knowledge eventually satiates fanboyism. But when this hobby settled down in college, I thought long and hard about it & eventually fully grasped the fact that my knowledge of this past had elevated my thinking in many areas.

This happens often for me. About half a year ago I lost interest in movies in general. I'd saw most of what I wanted to see- some 200 films over the past ten years. And even before that (and the war thing), I lost interest in TV at the age of 15. But these ends brought me joy- I learned a lot from both hobbies.

And today for me.. many other passions flourish.

Harry Potter has been a part of my life for years and this movie marks the end of that.

It's only the end if you want it to be darlin'. You can read the books and watch the movies as much as you want. I know I'm going to. I'm not ready to let go of Harry Potter yet. When I read the books over again, I still feel as happy and excited about it as I did the first time I read them... And that is good enough for me.

I know there won't be any new Harry Potter stuff after this movie is done, but I don't feel like there needs to be.

Aw. But don't fret, it may be likely that you'll come out of this hobby with various new perspectives and emotional wavelengths. I've been through a similar experience. WW1-WW2-Vietnam were teenage obsessions for me and it was unfortunate to see old vets I knew pass and for me to exhaust all the material that I was interested in. Depth of knowledge eventually satiates fanboyism. But when this hobby settled down in college, I thought long and hard about it & eventually fully grasped the fact that my knowledge of this past had elevated my thinking in many areas.

This happens often for me. About half a year ago I lost interest in movies in general. I'd saw most of what I wanted to see- some 200 films over the past ten years. And even before that (and the war thing), I lost interest in TV at the age of 15. But these ends brought me joy- I learned a lot from both hobbies.

And today for me.. many other passions flourish.

that is very true. as the sying goes, for every ending there is a new beginning.

At least on my front, I know I'm going to sob hysterically at the end of part 2 and be inconsolable for hours. Sadly, I'm being serious, too. When LOST ended, I was pretty distraught... Harry Potter, which has been in my life since I was in 5th grade and I've grown up with and loved, and treasured... I don't know how I'm going to get through it. But like it's been mentioned before, we have the books, the movies, and the memories.

I think what makes it so emotional for me, is the fact that I literally grew up with these books. I've always been a superb reader, but I never really loved it. Harry Potter came along, and thanks to a boy wizard and the amazingly inspirational author of his journey, I grew to love reading like I love nothing else. And unlike some other book/movie franchise I won't name, it didn't influence me to continue reading poorly written melodrama. It drove me to read classic literature, mythology, and anything well-written that moved me. What J.K. did, wasn't write a story for little kids. She wrote a story that changed my life. I will forever be grateful to J.K.

I think what makes it so emotional for me, is the fact that I literally grew up with these books. I've always been a superb reader, but I never really loved it. Harry Potter came along, and thanks to a boy wizard and the amazingly inspirational author of his journey, I grew to love reading like I love nothing else. And unlike some other book/movie franchise I won't name, it didn't influence me to continue reading poorly written melodrama. It drove me to read classic literature, mythology, and anything well-written that moved me. What J.K. did, wasn't write a story for little kids. She wrote a story that changed my life. I will forever be grateful to J.K.

You said that perfectly... I 100% agree! :hehe:

At least on my front, I know I'm going to sob hysterically at the end of part 2 and be inconsolable for hours. Sadly, I'm being serious, too. When LOST ended, I was pretty distraught... Harry Potter, which has been in my life since I was in 5th grade and I've grown up with and loved, and treasured... I don't know how I'm going to get through it. But like it's been mentioned before, we have the books, the movies, and the memories.

Very well said Hun. I totally agree. And, as we had said, this is something that you will get to revisit when you have some little ones and than it will take on a whole new meaning as you see their minds open to this wonderful and imaginative world that Ms. Rowling made for us. It will amke you appreciate it and love it on a whole new level.

But i do agree, I am both looking forward to and dreding the end of the movies, as that is all we have now. It has been a magnificent ride and I am very glad i lsitened to my than girlfriend (now my wife) and gave it a try.

Very well said Hun. I totally agree. And, as we had said, this is something that you will get to revisit when you have some little ones and than it will take on a whole new meaning as you see their minds open to this wonderful and imaginative world that Ms. Rowling made for us. It will amke you appreciate it and love it on a whole new level.

But i do agree, I am both looking forward to and dreding the end of the movies, as that is all we have now. It has been a magnificent ride and I am very glad i lsitened to my than girlfriend (now my wife) and gave it a try.

Okay, I'm going to make my own inference and say Harry Potter is the reason why you're married. :laugh: I joke, I joke. :hug:

Thanks for the nice words you guys! Twas a post from the heart.

Okay, I'm going to make my own inference and say Harry Potter is the reason why you're married. :laugh: I joke, I joke. :hug:

Thanks for the nice words you guys! Twas a post from the heart.

it's when she dresses up as Tinks that really hooked me....oh, i shouldn't have said that. lollllllll.

what does amaze me is how both publishers and hollywood are trying to find the next Potter series. Whether it is Percy Jackson, Twilight (which we have talked about before) or even the Narnia series (the films that is). yet everyone keeps coming back for the boy that lived.