Bellazon

Natural Beauty Competiton

What no one seems to get is these competitons aren't the end all be all, they are the subjective opinions at a specific period of time of individuals on the forum. Which is why you can run the same competition over and over, and get different results even if you don't introduce new models/actresses. But the goddamn pc melodrama that some people consistantly feel the need to bring to the table.. irritates me beyond measure.

I'm not genuinely angry at the rankings of my nominations. Someone can rank Tiger Woods 100th or 1st as a golfer and it doesn't make him any better or worse for example. But the fun is in the process of it all, people sharing their opinions, experiences, insights, tastes ect. That's what I'm in it for. I could just make my own list anytime :nicole: . However, at the same time, I would be lieing if I said I didn't want to win this and everything else, naturally :mellow: :nicole: .

Great post, Prettyphile, I'll have to respond to that later since I'm on a public computer and I'm terrified of identitiy theft :ninja: .

For Miranda

Beauty: 7

Natural: 5

*sigh* remind me why I bother coming to these threads.. people and their... well people give me a headache.

Because you love me, and you love the great joy some of the Dee Dee Dee people bring? o.O :heart:

^Abstain and claim that lofty moral high ground. It's fun up here... :whistle:

Anti-Fans only exist because of Ãœber-Fans - or is that the other way around? Which came first?

Anyway - from up here I can see that my nomination came in 12th (Rosie). You can be all 'high and mighty' and still be happy about such things!!!

post-11221-0-1446074059-43142_thumb.jpg

Can we get about 3 more votes please :flower: (20 is the minimum)

:rofl: Great timing as always :laugh: !

Uber-fans do create anti-fans. Not necessarily those that "hate" said person, but if you start off indifferent, uber-fans will push you that much further

and if you already don't like said person, they push you even further. But stripped from the hype I think they would probably like the at least 10% more.

Joe if you go back years during the height of the "uber" model popularity explosion around BZ, the same 6-8 models ALWAYS made the top ten in everything.... oddly enough, the same 4-5 models have made the top of this list as well.. and continue to have staying power.

Yeah, I don't go years back per se, but I came here in 07 and the popularity of what I have come to call "The Faboulous 7" (Adriana, Gisele, Alessandra, Ana Barros, Petra, Doutzen and Laetitia) was so overwhelming that they would win almost everything automatically.

"Best Feet" "Ana Barros! No contest!" "Ana, FTW!!

Last time I checked Petra was obliterrating Stacy Keibler in a "Best Legs" competition. Petra has great legs, don't get me wrong, but obviously to beat Stacy like that was a testament to her popularity here.

It got to the point where I actually became reluctant to put any of the "Fabulous 7" in a poll.

Disclaimer: This is no knock to said models or their fans :flower: .

As for the way I'm voting... I love Miranda, so this isn't a case of me being an antifan, however she's not a stellar knockout imo, she's a bit above average to me, and GF needs to wear makeup to bring something "special" out in her, it's just that simple.

Yeah, I don't think its a jaw dropping gorgeousness either per se, but clearly better than average, like you said, at the same time. What I think is great about her looks is at her best she has/had a really nice body too and above average beauty is way above average for someone with a really nice bod.

I know you love her, but I find that there are a lot of women and high fashion fans especially that find her looks "too cute" or "too barely legal" or "boring" though. So there's always going to be a great divide across both gender lines among other things.

Like right now, her male beauty score is 8 vs. 6.7 from the females :nicole: .

But I think if she looked closer to her age and were even a smidgen more sultry a lot of the women and people in high fashion in general would like her looks a

lot more. Or if she were more "unique" with the same level of beauty even. But on the bright side, her super cutesie looks make her ideal in the commercial market because she can appeal to teens (because she looks like one) and to adults (because she is one :nicole: ).

5 is average, there's nothing wrong with being average. We all are, and that doesn't make us non attractive.

I don't think anyone has a problem with 5 for beauty. I've given out my share myself. I don't personally think anyone up there is below average per se or else there would be at least 3 models in my own family :laugh: ! But (on the basis of purely evaluating looks) we all just interpret what we see differently, just like

music and food :yes: .

I've found that people need an overabundance of saturation on this forum to build interest in someone, and the minute that model goes MIA, people lose interest.. IE. She's a fad.

I think that describes the fashion industry as a whole :laugh: .

I may not have internet acces the rest of the day, but I still need 2 more votes (to satisfy the pre-determined 20 vote minimum) and I didn't tell anyone in advance to start the next round like I did last time...so for the first 2 people that didn't vote in the last, give a score for Miranda too please...

Elisha Cuthbert (Nominated by Phenobarbie)

post-17304-0-1446074064-03862_thumb.jpg

Even though my scores aren't particularly high, I must say she has some intangible quality I can't put my finger on that I find amazingly sexy :ninja: . Maybe its that Girl Next Door movie...