Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

Went out for lunch today to one of our favourite restaurants. The food's gotten a lot pricier but the presentation has gotten a lot nicer.

post-67297-0-1446013590-20403_thumb.jpgpost-67297-0-1446013590-66479_thumb.jpg

The left one is cherry citrus soda (with a piece of lavender and lime floating around, taken a few weeks back), and the right one is Farmers Orange soda. As for food;

post-67297-0-1446013591-92641_thumb.jpgpost-67297-0-1446013592-61511_thumb.jpg

The left is some fish which I can't remember it's name, with cauliflower vanilla puree, pickled onions and spiced nuts, and the right was taken a few weeks back but I ordered the same for today, it's panfried fish with baby broccoli which was had a lemon zest to it (a little too much for my liking)

They sell pretty nice looking desserts but I don't really eat desserts at restaurants unless it's strictly a dessert-only place.

post-67297-0-1446013593-05329_thumb.jpg post-67297-0-1446013593-06638_thumb.jpgpost-67297-0-1446013593-10583_thumb.jpg

But the dessert I got was a nice tart from a French bakery (which looks totally appetizing when you're taking photos of it in a moving car) The tart was almond base, with custard that was encased by strawberries which were set in gelatin, and topped off with a French meringue 

post-67297-0-1446013593-13777_thumb.jpg

^ To start with the cherry citrus soda sounds absolutely refreshing! Not only do you have the acid in the cherries but the tartness too along with the sweet note, then here comes the citrus with a kick, at least I hope that's what it taste like :p

The fish dishes look amazing although I'm not sure I would pare it with broccoli but I will do the cauliflower :hehe:

You had me sold with strawberries for the dessert Rafa :D

Great, now I'm hungry again, thx :rofl:

That's kind of what the cherry citrus was like :p Except there was definitely a prevalent taste of citrus, not overpowering however. As for the Orange it's kinda like a watered down Orangina if you know what those are :p

The broccoli is surprisingly quite delicious. I think it's done in olive oil so it's very easy on the mouth, however trying to put it in the mouth is a hassle :rofl: The forks are too big for it so you have to stab into it at least 30 times, even if you've cut it and somehow dangle it into your mouth :rofl:

Muchos gracios amigo :p And it was $5 for the tart but it was literally heaven in several bites :drool:  

Ah perfect, I can literally taste it from recollections of past memories here :p Perfect, that citrus taste is what makes it that much more refreshing :hehe: Ha, and I kinda know what you are talking about with the orange drink, why I didn't care too much for it :laugh: Only orange drink I really like is freshly squeezed oj :hehe:

Hmm, usually broccoli can overpower in flavor if not cooked to a nice tender-soft chew so I will take your word that it was prepped perfectly :laugh: Ahahah, a bit of leafy herbage dangling from the mouth you herbivore? :D

Not bad in price for what looks like a decent size pastry. Something tells me you had other on standby? :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here comes the sweet tooth fix!

post-67297-0-1446013606-21107_thumb.jpg

Gelato we had last weekend, ever so nice sweet and the perfect texture :chicken: Kinda pricey though but I just liked the place since they had pretty decorations (like that cute little rose)

post-67297-0-1446013606-24194_thumb.jpg

This was yesterdays fix, $5 for two scoops (which is damn cheap in this country), strawberry sorbetto and blueberry gelato and basically despite the fact the last ice cream was cute this thing blows it out the water, that sorbetto needs a prize  :baronfaint:

post-67297-0-1446013606-28309_thumb.jpgpost-67297-0-1446013606-31369_thumb.jpg

(Sorry for that uber blurry right pic, not apologizing for the floral pants), but went back to the French bakery again, and this time instead of strawberries there was this delicious raspberry custard tart and it was just wonderfully sweet :heart:

As you can see I'm probably going to get diabetes anyday now with all the sugar intake. 

So much sugar Raf!!  :chicken:

OMG Raf all that sugar is heaven. This thread is making me drool. I'm on a diet :( lol

You two keep yourselves sugar free since I'll probably end up with diabetes with how much I eat it, I have a dependency on it :p

And Storm, are the green things asparagus on the pizza?  :o