Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

more reviews of cheap ice cream:

Friendly's cherry dark chocolate: Recommended.  Cherry ice cream with plentiful and good tasting dark chocolate pieces.  A bit too light in flavor.

Friendly's coffee:  Recommended.  A bit bland but it is a serviceable light coffee ice cream. Like the mocha below, the flaw is that it is too light in flavor.

Friendly's mocha dark chocolate: Recommended.  Odd that it tastes so much like the coffee ice cream and not like mocha.  A light coffee ice cream with good dark chocolate pieces.  

Friendly's dark chocolate:  Recommended and the best of the bunch.  I would put it a bit above Turkey hill and breyer's as it really does have a rich enough dark chocolate flavor while the texture is better than the other two.   What it is missing however, are the truffles that Breyers has.   This item seems to be higher quality than its low price point.

I got a wet-bottom Amish Shoofly (Molasses) pie.  Tried a bit, didn't like the soggy, liquid molasses bottom.

ShooflyPieCarousel.png?fit=600,320&ssl=1

I heated it in the oven to solidfy it, tasted better.  It's the pie the Amish are known for, very good flavor but too sweet.

I had Chinese take-out for the first time since the pandemic...

General Tso's chicken, pork fried rice, brocolli and an egg roll.  Everything was fresh out the wok/frier and tasted great.  I wolved the whole thing down.  Felt I ate a 2000 calorie meal, was not hungry all day.  This is one of the most unhealthy junk foods in the world.

general-tso-chicken-pork.jpg

For dinner I had fish soup

Next  takeout order will be boneless spare ribs.

Seriously, I have seriousstomach aches problems and now light food is better to me, and I am healthy. I only cook to myself, and I am really careful. Not same cook for people who never had stomach problems, are bigger than me or fatter.

Some fish:

20210806_150127.jpg

19 hours ago, Tania82 said:

20210806_150127.jpg

This looks good, I like simple meals too. I like potatoes done like that. 

I eat this 1-2 times a day, plus oatmeal once,  for health purposes:

baked-chicken-broccoli-watermark1_2_orig

Japanese (non-rice) foods have some of the most healthy options.  Their tradtional means of getting their protein is fish and miso soup.  I was very surprised that the miso itself is actually a good source of soy protein.  The soup itself is very bland though.

miso-soup-thumb-480x480.jpg

2 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

This looks good, I like simple meals too. I like potatoes done like that. 

I eat this 1-2 times a day, plus oatmeal once,  for health purposes:

baked-chicken-broccoli-watermark1_2_orig

Japanese (non-rice) foods have some of the most healthy options.  Their tradtional means of getting their protein is fish and miso soup.  I was very surprised that the miso itself is actually a good source of soy protein.  The soup itself is very bland though.

miso-soup-thumb-480x480.jpg

Mmmm but I don t eat broccoli, I don t like it. In past, broccoli with bechamel, but no, maybe if it is in some products.

But this is true I can eat more different in restaurants, I think not always is same eat at home than restaurants. I hope next month can go it.

I love this, when I am very slow, or sad, or I want liger sweet I eat it. It could be a sex product, but I never try it 😄

Ua4b044843b9b4d649e2cb71127a1cd4dh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2021 at 4:17 AM, Tania82 said:

Mmmm but I don t eat broccoli, I don t like it. In past, broccoli with bechamel, but no, maybe if it is in some products.

But this is true I can eat more different in restaurants, I think not always is same eat at home than restaurants. I hope next month can go it.

I love this, when I am very slow, or sad, or I want liger sweet I eat it. It could be a sex product, but I never try it 😄

Yeah I eat the chicken & brocolli for general health (getting protein, fiber, vitamin C) and by this point it tastes like nothing to me :D

Nutella seems to be pretty popular in Europe, I even see it on bread.  In the US it's mainly peanut butter, or... increasingly, almond butter.

I had one of the best ribeye steaks ever a while ago.  It was pan seared for a long time but somehow the inside was still medium rare.  The fat rendered, the outer shell was crispy.  The meat inside was hot and juicy.  

I think the steak was a happy accident as I was expecting the outside to be not well done enough due to the pan but it was also a good quality piece of meat.

sous-vide-ribeye-steak-11.jpg

I tried Tilamook ice cream for the first time.  This is from a company more famous for making cheese.

Review:  This ice cream markets itself as having a higher cream content than other brands (placing it closer to H-Daaz).  found this to be the case, although I've had ice cream from farms that are much richer than this.  The calorie content is about 40-50 more per serving and the ice cream weighs more.   So the creaminess is more but not to the extent of some really premium ice creams.   

It is not for the lactose intolerent, I found it to be a little too much for me.  It is priced between the premium brands and the value brands.  

Tilamook Waffle Cone: Weak chocolate and vanilla flavor, was disappointed.  Small amount of waffles inside.  Don't recommend

Tilamook Mint chocolate chip:  Very strong mint flavor, just a small amount and it was almost too much for me.  A good mint ice cream.  The dark chocolate bits however, don't melt in the mouth fast enough.  Recommend!

Review: Turkey Hill French Vanilla.  I was hoping that this French vanilla was richer and eggier but it was still too bland.  Don't recommend.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...