Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

10 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

That is intriguing to this Texan. 

That's a dry sausage, I like it better this way, cause you gotta chew it harder :bounce: 

Piment d'espelette is a very tasty pepper. It's mild, so it doesn't overtake the taste, which is why it's often used as a blending ingredient with other tasty food (cheese, sausage, etc.) so that they all complement each other.

For the one I bought, the sausage is coated with pepper. I can't find a picture with espelette pepper, but that's how it looks with regular pepper.

img-saucisse-aux-poivre-001.jpg

It's awesome! You can eat it like that or use it in an omelet (that's what I had for lunch).:bounce:

@CandleVixen Since you're Texan, you probably have a BBQ. Now that the good days are back, here's one of my favorite things BBQ food (after ribs, sausage and steak of course): it's melted camembert.

When you're done with all the meat and you put out the BBQ, you just put the camembert in its box (throw out the plastic, just keep the wooden box). The residual heat will be enough to melt it down.  Then you just eat it, it's easy and tasty! :bounce:

Camembert_au_BBQ.jpg?1476895348

• 3 weeks later...

According to science people's taste buds become less sensitive with age and overuse.  So if you eat a lot of flavorful foods, your food gets blander and blander over time & you have to up the boldness of the flavor.  It's like a never ending race.  At the most extreme level I find that Indian food is unbelievably spicy to me.  But to them it's normal.

Also, I find that when I get tired of eating/drinking something,  it takes some time- weeks or months- before my sensation starts to come back.  But it's never quite like the first time I ate or drank the thing.  And by the second time, the sensation is already duller and the third- duller still.

On 4/16/2021 at 4:41 PM, Enrico_sw said:

I bought 250 g of this beauty this morning and I finished it tonight......................................... :angel:

LA02_768x400-LA02_30_ossau-iraty_2.jpg

French people eat a big hunk of cheese just like that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I saw this and thought (hey, I like peaches.  I like peach cobbler).  The result was a light peach (with very few peach pieces) and vanilla sherbet with cookie dough in the vanilla.

The quality of the ice cream was slightly below average and the peach flavor wasn't strong enough.  3.7 out of 5 stars.

the person in the video is obviously not me but he shows the product.

I had a good July 4th dinner.  Everything was good.

1. Stir-fried squash strips mixed with pork belly strips with shrimp essence.  with rice.  Made a good sauce with it too.

2. Jumbo shrimp with shell in a ketchup-based sauce.

3.  Cucumber salad

4. Spanish red wine to wash it down and a bowl of unusually perfect tasting grapes and strawberries.

5. Watched Norrie vs. Federer on TV

I bought 6 flavors of Turkey Hill and 2 flavors of Breyer's Ice cream.  

Haven't bought either in many years.  Review:

1. Breyer's chocolate Reeses:  Not recommended.  The marketing/idea of this ice cream is very good but the actual product is below average.   Very little peanut butter and chocolate pieces.  Poor chocolate ice cream flavor.  Like a lot of Breyer's ice creams, this is classified not as ice cream by the FDA but as "frozen dairy dessert" meaning that it is a food science/cost cutting product.

2. Breyer's dark chocolate truffle:  Recommended.  Having a low opinion of Breyer's quality I was surprised at how acceptable this dark chocolate truffle ice cream was for a low priced ice cream.  Good truffles, solid dark chocolate flavor.  This one is classified as "premium ice cream" by the FDA.  It is either on par or slightly inferior to Turkey Hill dark chocolate.

On to the Turkey Hill ice creams:

1. Turkey Hill strawberry and cream:  Recommended.  An creamy, milky strawberry "premium ice cream" as advertised.  A good ice cream for a low price.

2.Turkey Hill strawberry and marshmallow.  Recommended.  While it is classified as "frozen dairy dessert" the product's marshmellows are enough to make it more interesting and better tasting than the strawberry and cream.

3.  Turkey Hill mint chocolate cookie: Recommended, also classified as "premium ice cream".  A creamy, decent quality and generic mint ice cream.  Weakness is the too light mint flavor, but with Turkey hill this is expected.  

4. Turkey Hill double dunk (mocha frozen dairy dessert with cookie dough and chocolate cookie): Recommended.  Despite being a frozen dairy dessert it is decent.  The Mocha ice cream is more chocolate than coffee and is better than regular chocolate ice cream.  There are a lot of cookie dough chunks.  Did not like these.  The chocolate cookie crumbs are good though.

5. Turkey Hill Blackberry:  Recommended.  Classified as "Premium ice cream" by the FDA.  It is very creamy/milky and this aspect seems to overpower the blackberry flavor a bit.  However it tastes pretty good and tastes like a higher priced ice cream.

6. Turkey Hill All Natural Vanilla and Chocolate:  Not recommended.  This is Turkey's hill premium brand and is supposed to be the most nature & least engineered.   It was underwhelming, I expected a higher quality ice cream.  The taste and texture is also very, generic and lacking.  Not creamy enough.  Goes to show that the food science items managed to impart better flavor and texture.