Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

actually I take that back. BC told me the article might be wrong. 1) Heidi wore those wings at the launch 2) They got Adri's age wrong. 3) It's the mass media (same who call all models angels)

Still the authenticity is iffy. Either way Heidi's no longer singing. As far as Butterly wings -> we'll wait to see.

okay -- check this brand new remix of the Whitney Houston awesome 80s pop song, I Wanna Dance With Somebody cause it's FREAKIN AWESOME and i can totally picture the girls strutting down the runway to it.

http://rapidshare.de/files/40757790/i_wann..._remix.mp3.html

also - i'd love for some old school jazz songs, to keep with the old-glamour feel -- but remixed so they've got contemporary beats. sort of like "Bang Bang" from the 2005 show.

**** edited to add --- if you don't wanna download the song, just click on this link which will take you to a music blog where you can listen to it without downloading:

http://this.bigstereo.net/2008/08/24/ocd-automatic/

There is a list on WikiPedia which lists all of the models that have modeled for Victoria's Secret.

Just don't trust everything on that list. At one time they even listed guys. I know a guy or two were in the really old commercials to show the effect the bras could have on men I guess. But that doesn't make them VS models.

Don't worry chicityboy, everything will work out. If they walk it like an x it'll actually be kinda cool. I should do a scibble to show how I mean they should walk. By my way, the reunway is longer because they walk it twice. Hold on I'll sketch a quick something.

my comment was understandably errased...

so Joe, if you didnt get to read it, i wanted to thank you for opening my eyes to your concept..

it does make me feel better about having a stage this year...

i dont really follow the line as i do the fashion show..

but did rhiana ever come out with her rumored line for VS?

i had mentioned a hip hop theme a while back and imo, i think it has a shot if i can clearly make my points...

i dont know if you guys instantly think a hip hop theme to be..

music by sir mix alot-baby got back and Nas's- ochi wala

mismatched underwear, big gold braided chains, and girls walking down the runway chewing gum like a damn cow...

*that description wasnt meant to affend anyone, what im trying to show is how "relevent" a hip hop theme would be to the VS show, of course...IMO*

im not from the burbs...im from the hood..

most of the girls that i know buy their stuff from the local malls at the VS store...

im sure its the same way in NY and LA and everywhere else....

why not acknowledge THAT fact and make a hip hop theme...

alot of their revenue comes from the urban community...

the mixed music could perhaps be the begining of flow ryders and wil-i-ams new song..oh hot damn this is my jam. ect..

(the opening chorus, but just acapella)

then Lumi D's uh-oh song starts with Bustas-touch it mixed in(if you really listen to it the beats are similar enough to mix in well) and Missy's-work it(starting off where it says, "if you a fly girl, get your nails done, get a peticure, get yer hair did, the rest of that verse is hot) then maybe some Mario-let me love you (to mellow it down a bit) with some Eddie love-Luna..

or there are alot of great choices in hip hop music to "make it relevent" to a VS show...

snoop was used with russia :blink: and that worked well :drool: ...and didnt they use Jay as well in 03?

as for the clothes...

i love most of baby phats clothes so, maybe kimora could jump on board...and thats why i asked about rhiana.

i read she was rumored to make a line for VS.

was that true? did it happend already?

i think those two could come up with something "relatable" yet hip and sexy...

*its a HUGE strech...i know...but i would use this as a stepping stone....

my comment was understandably errased...

so Joe, if you didnt get to read it, i wanted to thank you for opening my eyes to your concept..

it does make me feel better about having a stage this year...

i dont really follow the line as i do the fashion show..

but did rhiana ever come out with her rumored line for VS?

i had mentioned a hip hop theme a while back and imo, i think it has a shot if i can clearly make my points...

i dont know if you guys instantly think a hip hop theme to be..

music by sir mix alot-baby got back and Nas's- ochi wala

mismatched underwear, big gold braided chains, and girls walking down the runway chewing gum like a damn cow...

*that description wasnt meant to affend anyone, what im trying to show is how "relevent" a hip hop theme would be to the VS show, of course...IMO*

im not from the burbs...im from the hood..

most of the girls that i know buy their stuff from the local malls at the VS store...

im sure its the same way in NY and LA and everywhere else....

why not acknowledge THAT fact and make a hip hop theme...

alot of their revenue comes from the urban community...

the mixed music could perhaps be the begining of flow ryders and wil-i-ams new song..oh hot damn this is my jam. ect..

(the opening chorus, but just acapella)

then Lumi D's uh-oh song starts with Bustas-touch it mixed in(if you really listen to it the beats are similar enough to mix in well) and Missy's-work it(starting off where it says, "if you a fly girl, get your nails done, get a peticure, get yer hair did, the rest of that verse is hot) then maybe some Mario-let me love you (to mellow it down a bit) with some Eddie love-Luna..

or there are alot of great choices in hip hop music to "make it relevent" to a VS show...

snoop was used with russia :blink: and that worked well :drool: ...and didnt they use Jay as well in 03?