Vestal itw

Photography Kevin Sinclair
Creative direction Audi Umali,
Styling Renata Gar
Makeup Tadyoshi Honda
Hair Gonn Kinoshita 

AMY WESSON

(NY Model Management)

Born in Tupelo, Mississippi, the birthplace of Elvis Presley, Amy Wesson rose to the top of the fashion industry just a short while after being discovered at age sixteen while working at a shopping mall. She moved to New York City and spent the majority of her career in New York and Europe. As a high fashion model, she worked with the most prestigious designers including Versace, Chanel, Dior, and Ralph Lauren. She was also the face of Calvin Klein and secured a multi-year contract as the face of Thierry Mugler‘s best-selling fragrance, Angel. Below, Amy tells us about her most meaningful model moments.

Vestal Magazine __ What is the hardest part about being a model?

Amy Wesson  __ Not knowing if the people around you actually care for you or they think they can benefit from you. That is really the challenging part of it. I am lucky to have great people in my life who look out for me. I never take this for granted. In return, I am so trusting to others and at times you could come across individuals who really do not have your best interest at heart, but I also believe in karma, so there you go.

Vestal __ When was the first time you saw your face on an advertisement or cover of a magazine while you were walking on the street?

Amy __ It was for the BCBG campaign. I’m pretty sure it was the first time I saw myself on a billboard. The advertisement was plastered everywhere. I was extremely proud of being a part of such a popular brand during the late ’90s. I really loved the brand and the visuals they put out.  I had a dear friend who worked at Rolling Stones that made up a new nickname for me, “Bus Stop Amy”. It was a beautiful ha ha moment.

Vestal __ What are your go-to outfits that always make you feel good?

Amy __ I love to feel girly at times. I would have to say dresses make me feel good. 

Vestal __ Who is your favorite photographer you’ve worked with in your career, and why?

Amy __ I’ve had the pleasure of working with so many brilliant photographers in the industry. But, if I have to pick one, I would have to say the legendary Richard Avedon. His eye for lighting and knowledge of composition was extraordinary. It was a teachable moment being on set with him. 

Vestal __ If you hadn’t modeled, what would you be doing now?

Amy __ I really do enjoy modeling and working with creative people. If I was not modeling, I would be an interior designer or furniture maker believe it or not.  I love building things and using my hands. I am quite the crafty one. I am always finding ways to keep myself occupied putting things together for the home. You can say it helps me stay relaxed as well as keeps me motivated.

Vestal __ How would you compare the industry that you’re in today to how it was when you started out? Was it more intense?

Amy __ The method is still the same so it is not intense as a comparison. But, I think the industry is more forgiving today. Social media has completely changed the way we view ourselves. Although we have so much work to do correcting all the wrong from the past, there is more social awareness which makes for a good healthy diverse industry. Today, it’s really about the message you put out and not just how pretty you look. But, there is no way I would trade in my shoebox full of polaroids. No way hosay!

Vestal __ If you could give teenage Amy advice before she embarked on her career in modeling, what would it be?

Amy __  Modeling has allowed me to really see the world with some pretty big binoculars. I take this as a blessing. At the end of the day, it is a job and you can have a successful career if you choose it to happen. I would tell my younger self to keep her eyes on the prize and that she would meet amazing people who can shape her to be the best version of herself. And also to savor each moment and take deep breaths.

VESTAL+9015.jpg VESTAL+9020.jpg VESTAL+9017.jpg VESTAL+9021.jpg VESTAL+904.jpg VESTAL+906.jpg VESTAL+90-+AMY+WESSON.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/2/2017 at 10:32 AM, Minerva13 said:
Vogue Italia February 1995
New...
Photographer: Michel Comte
Fashion Editor: Anna Dello Russo
Models: Amy Wesson,Kelly Stewart,Jamie King and ?
Hair: Oribe
Make-Up: Brigitte Reiss Andersen

1.thumb.png.8685555eb580e0f6cc6fa44ad0630079.png2.thumb.png.f7d818669e494b83482812081133f76c.png
3.thumb.png.f749c9f355f979de309d0a8c379ab644.png5.thumb.png.cd99a1dc6bdde7c73b1a3420aa69e642.png

Ya'll -- CAROLYN MURPHY too! On the right with the three gurls. So unique and different looking here!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...