Bellazon

Accents

Joe > Average

Well az, if I'm understanding you correctly, it's about accents in general whether it be in their native language or another. I personally find the English accent speaking Spanish a bit odd, but mixing accents with other languages always gets mixed responses :laugh: .

Reeyo, I just brought up Dirk and Heidi because they're the main celebrity German accents a lot of Americans hear at the moment. I love Heidi's though :D :ninja: . Those videos are pretty funny :laugh: . I guess since you and M--- are German I won't get in trouble for laughing :ninja: . I've never heard Barbara talk. What does she sound like :unsure: ?

I'm German and I have to say the German accent is the most horrible of all accents I've ever heard :laugh: Dirk and Heidi are no good examples to show it.

:laugh:

Oh my :| This is so painfull :rofl: :rofl:

@ Joe

no you won't. :hug: I mean I'm sorry but if you're that bad people can't help but laugh lol

Luckily these are very bad, I don't think (or at least I hope :ninja:) that the common German is talking like that.

Do you mean Barbara Meier?

I think she's not very good in English either, she once had to speak English during Germany's Next Topmodel. But her accent doesn't sound like that :laugh:

In German she has a slightly Bavarian accent I think but Reeyo can probably answer that one better.

I'm German and I have to say the German accent is the most horrible of all accents I've ever heard :laugh: Dirk and Heidi are no good examples to show it.

:laugh:

Oh my :| This is so painfull :rofl: :rofl:

@ Joe

no you won't. :hug: I mean I'm sorry but if you're that bad people can't help but laugh lol

Luckily these are very bad, I don't think (or at least I hope :ninja:) that the common German is talking like that.

Do you mean Barbara Meier?

I think she's not very good in English either, she once had to speak English during Germany's Next Topmodel. But her accent doesn't sound like that :laugh:

In German she has a slightly Bavarian accent I think but Reeyo can probably answer that one better.

I have nothing to add - she has the german accent, but not as bad as in the vids^^ :)

Well, in my English Leistungskurs (how do I translate that???) there's a girl from Kenya, and I adore her accent :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...
3 hours ago, Matt! said:

Interesting. She's alright I guess, but I can hear her accent from a mile away... She doesn't know how to pronounce the "e" and like all foreigner, she tries too much to pronounce every letter, while you need to eat some sounds (that's true for any language, I think).

It's like the theoretical language is a cube, but the real language gets grinded at all edges by real people (I dunno if you see what I mean :idk:).

How about this?