Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Love the smile :)

smile.jpg

ByPrincess

Thanks for clip :)

As to Titanic and Leo , I share the sentiment expressed by Fash below on the subject :

I think he knows Titanic put him in the great position he's in now... being able to chose what he wants to do movie wise. He's grown out of that stage and is now taken seriously as an actor.. so now more than ever I think he can look at Titanic as a great advantage to him.

With all that was happening at once on AFI premiere night , I don't remember, did we ever decide the meaning of the woven bracelet below that Leo worn then and at press conference ????

And, better yet, which one of you sent it to him :p

post-52324-0-1446081253-58246_thumb.jpg

Kat

I'm off to read my pm , I know, I'm pretty excited about your new avatar :)

I love it, I love it, I love it :hell yea!: :hell yea!: :hell yea!:

Hell, girls, we need to invite Sasha Stone of Awards Daily Oscar Blog to join us here, she is my type of woman !!!

J EDGAR IS A LOVE STORY WITH THE BEST PEFORMANCE OF THE YEAR

Eastwood's movies weave a European mentality into our American mainstream. In Europe, in France especially, they are less anal about the three act structure, the protagonist's , the perfet

Hi everybody!

Thanks for all the wireimage pics sick!

Thanks for the pic with Quincy Jones, oxford! He and Leo go waaaaay back so it's cool he was there to support Leo.

Aww - this gif of armie and Leo

post-17085-0-1446081256-65223_thumb.gif

haha by_princess - U are too cute with the song - it's in my head now "all by myself.................." :p

The article below was written by a male, do notice how he says the movie impacted him at him, a reaction I've seen reported by many people.

To me it says a lot about the power of Leo's performance

I’ll be honest. This was not a movie I was particularly keen on seeing (though I’ll see pretty much anything Clint Eastwood directs). Like a lot of Americans, I've believed J. Edgar Hoover abused his enormous power in ways that threatened the very nation he was so keen on protecting. Presidents feared him largely because he blackmailed them�" and he persecuted political dissidents and civil-rights activists in gross violation of our most basic American ideals. He was, to me, a dangerous man who possessed far too much power for far too long. Healthy democracies shouldn’t have Hoovers.

But I was enthralled by the story of his life, as it was told in this film. I found myself, despite myself, feeling genuine pity for Hoover, and at the end, tears came. That is something I'm not sure I'm happy about: I wept for J. Edgar Hoover. My Adlai Stevenson Democratic parents are shaking their heads somewhere in Heaven.

Eastwood and DiCaprio told me that their film isn’t a political movie; they don’t take sides in the debate over Hoover. They wanted to get at the man: What drove him? What shaped him? Why did he become J Edgar ?

He always did what he thought was right for our country,DiCaprio told me.

And that surprised me. Clint Eastwood is supposed to be the Republican here, I thought, and Leo the liberal.

But one thing that makes DiCaprio the superb actor he has become is empathy. He clearly works hard prepping for a role, seeking to understand the characters he plays, to see the world from their perspective. He gets Hoover. And he should get an Oscar nomination for it.

Eastwood told me he grew up with the image of a heroic J. Edgar Hoover.

He was the country's top cop , he said. I admired him a lot.

But he added, We didn't know all the facts.

In this movie, he lays out the facts without harsh judgment or showy politics. It's just a great yarn.

As for the long-rumored gay relationship between Hoover and FBI Associate Director Clyde Tolson �" the movie shows us what it might have been like for two men who clearly loved each other in an era where that kind of love and trust between men was different.

It' about love between two men, Eastwood said. Not men in love.

It was pretty cool, I must admit, to spend some time with two Hollywood icons as they release what is a major film. I asked if their iconic status ever caused problems working together.

"Naw' Eastwood said. I'd just slap him upside the head in the morning.

Go see ��J. Edgar.

http://newshubtoday.net/?p=99300&utm_s...eir-latest-film

hey oxford, did U know this guy Terry Moran is the one interviewing Clint and Leo for ABC Nightline?

Katchitup - it is the same guy - I was just asking oxford if she knew that. These are his tweets also that someone has already posted here before:

4 Nov

Terry Moran

TerryMoran Terry Moran

@

@Rita_liccious @Nightline Clint Eastwood/Leonardo DiCaprio on @Nightline MONDAY night. They were really interesting together.

4 Nov

Terry Moran

TerryMoran Terry Moran

@

@StevePodsedly @LeoDiCaprio was very thoughtful about a Gatsby in 3-D. He said it puts every character in focus, sharpening their isolation.

4 Nov

gucci gucci

We’re getting ready for the inaugural @LACMA Art + Film Gala honoring Clint Eastwood and John Baldessari tonight #artandfilmgal

hace 8 minutos

RobinSarah3 Robin Levine

Getting dolled up for the @LACMA Art + Film Gala tonight with @THERealLyndaDC . Getting nails done then, off to @umbertobh for hair!

hace 3 horas

PRgirlTiff Tiffany

Up early & looking at my closet. Excited for this evening's Art & Film Gala at LACMA honoring Clint Eastwood & John Baldessari. Work&Play <3

hace 8 horas

After more than two hours of reading, I'm hungry, thirsty, my eyes are burning... but I can only say it was worth. Here's how: you spend a couple days without visiting the site (I hate this :cry:) and is virtually flooded with news, tweets, photos, videos and everything else that these girls found out there. We should be hired for Leo's PR team... because I don't think anyone out there does a job as good as the girls of Bellazon. It's amazing how the people here work hard :laugh: :laugh:.

THANKS A LOT FOR EVERYTHING EVERYONE. Special thanks to Oxford, by_princess and fash who were on duty in the afternoon/evening of the premiere. You wiped out, girls :laugh:. Also Sick, Kat, Wijn, Solange, Benny, JouJou, Pami, Barbie, Barilace.

Amazing pics, but I have to say that I loved all reviews about Leo's performance (not that I expected anything different :blush:). I've got a great feeling on Oscar 2012, I can feel that, it's Leo's time MSN-Emoticon-oscar-172.gif.

A huge :hug:.

Solange

Love the Leo /Arnie gif :)

As to Terry Moran,yes, I knew he was same person as I had posted the tweets he posted about interview the other day, plus, as I was searching around Twitter, I found the same article but on actual ABC page :)

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/...oran-nightline/

By Princess

Thanks for LACMA tweets and pix :)

Nanda

I like the vibe you're feeling and your little Oscar man :wave:

DiCaprio, Pitt, Scorsese ... McGuire?

THE Wolf of Wall Street Jordan Belfort was lurking in Melbourne this week before meeting with Leo DiCaprio.

The fast talking former trader who ended up in jail, revealed he was Down Under to discuss the coming movie based on his 2008 memoir, starring DiCaprio as Belfort and directed by Martin Scorsese.

"Leo flew back to the States and I am meeting him when he gets back," Belfort said.

"He is almost done with The Great Gatsby and then my movie is next and to go into production early next year. Leo and Brad Pitt were in a bidding war and it was going up and up and up and I sold it to Leo because he was able to get Scorsese involved."

Based on his salacious autobiography, Belfort revealed DiCaprio's former girlfriend Blake Lively was tipped to play his now ex wife "The Duchess" in the movie.

"I don't think that is happening any more, but I heard rumblings they might get Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, the British actress who would be the right fit."

Belfort was in his element at the races at Flemington this week, snaring $5000 and chatting with "good mate" Eddie McGuire.

Not one to miss an opportunity, McGuire was quick to point out Belfort was a "Collingwood man".

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/...x-1226187087125

Well, that's interesting!!...

Barilace

As to bracelet, what I noticed is that he doesn't have it on in any of these candid Aussie pix below , yet, he made a point to wear it to both the AFI premiere and press conference .

And, personally, I would have expected him to have it on more when he is dressed casually versus in designer suit, so it would seem it has to have some significance

to him :whistle::whistle:

Ah yes! So the green bracelet thing wasn't a key chain thing or a thing to get into an event! I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT IS, LEO.

bracelet2.jpg

bracelet3.jpg

bracelet4.jpg

Wijn

Thanks for J Edgar video clip :)

Thanks for Belfort article, but we do know that his statement below is inaccurate, as Leo will do Django once he is finished with J Edgar overseas pr , and I doubt Leo will then go from Django straight to another film.

As to his comment about Blake playing Leo's character's wife, having read the book and the script, I could well have seen Blake in the part, as she was a blonde , former fashion model.

"He is almost done with The Great Gatsby and then my movie is next and to go into production early next year

Wow Leo looks so dashing at the LACMA gala! Very, very handsome :wub: Thanks Ox and princess!

Also thanks wijn for the info Wolf Of Wall Street is still happening and starting production next year. Also interesting fact that Blake was up for the role of Leos wife! And also interesting they might be considering Rosie Huntington Whitely for the role :)