Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Carey Mulligan talking about Leo yesterday on The Graham Norton Show in London.

She also shared that her nervousness has continued on set with Leonardo DiCaprio, whom she stars opposite in Gatsby, saying, "I grew up watching everything he's ever done and it's difficult as I have to hide my inner fan when I am around him, it's terrible." Carey added that Leo "claims not to be able to dance when we do a dancing scene and I have to hide the fact that I know he can because I saw him dance in Titanic."

http://www.popsugar.com/Johnny-Depp-Carey-...+%28PopSugar%29

Another interview to look forward too... though we already know about the stepping on cracks tidbit.

Come on Leo say something new, or/ and funny!! :p

bdkreviews Kevin McCarthy

Just interviewed Leonardo DiCaprio...freaking out...he said he use to have a little OCD when he was a kid...stepping on cracks, etc!

2 minutes ago

By Princess

The event that happened today Nov 4th was mentioned in the LACMA article I posted the other day.

Below is the information about today's event :

Chow meanwhile relates how event co-chair Leonardo DiCaprio was instrumental in helping relaunch LACMA’s film efforts. On Friday November 4, DiCaprio, Eastwood and others will also participate in a LACMA Q&A screening of J. Edgar, with moderation by New York Times writer Charles McGrath.

Also, thanks, for more great pix and video clip.

Fash

Thanks for Carey's comments, possible Leo/Penn project, tweets, and great HQ pix :)

Solange

Thanks for great interview comments :)

Oh sorry I was going by this post you made... now it makes sense! thanks for the news :wave:

Reminder of all the Leo Treats we have lined up so far :

Thurs we have AFI premiere

Friday we have Q&A with NY Times

Sat we have LACMA gala

Sunday he spends free day with ladies of Leonardo DiCaprio Forum

Solange, (and actually everyone I forget to thank) it's really very appreciated :flower:

But since this thread moves faster than the speed of lighting, there's just a lot of posts in where I just only talk about the news itself :p

But you're the best!!

And I hope anyone can answer my question. Today I red Leo WILL be wearing a dress, and there are other reports who contradict it. Does anyone know what is the truth,?

All I know is that I'm very curious to see what he looks like in a dress if he does indeed wear one!! ;)

Wijn

Regarding Leo and a dress, as you may recall, I am a person who has read the script , so I know all about the dress scene . However, having said, in my opinion, that is a scene that one should let evolve before you in the context of what is happening in the storyline at that point rather than know going in what takes place

Though, if you still want to know , just pm me :)

Fash

Not a problem, as I'm sure my only writing NY Times rather than NY Times writer, is what threw you off :)

Thanks for US article, I'll have to check it out when I get my issue.

Below are the comments about J Edgar and Leo's peformance from the girl who interviewed Leo earlier during the week.

To refresh your memory, I reposted her tweets that were posted here at the time :)

jenellerileyJenelle Riley

Interviewing Leonardo DiCaprio today. Just really enjoy typing that.

Jenelle Riley

It's all good, Leo was a little behind, but well worth waiting for. Thoughtful, intelligent, and with a great sense of humor about himself!

Her thoughts on J Edgar and Leo's performance

So the reviews are in from last night's first public screening of "J. Edgar," and they are about what I expected: The film got mixed notices, but everyone agrees Leonardo DiCaprio is teriffic in the title role. I tend to agree with Gregory Ellwood at HitFix, who believes it's going to come down to George Clooney vs. Leonardo DiCaprio for the role. In my opinion, Leo has the advantage. Clooney is quite good in an excellent film; DiCaprio is excellent in a mediocre movie. And he gets a lot to dig into: as the FBI Director, DiCaprio gets to play gay, deliver speeches penned by Oscar-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black, and die. That's a pretty great trifecta.

As for the film itself, it feels like a standard Clint Eastwood film. Which is to say that it's a fine rough draft, but misses its potential to be truly great. Much has been made of Eastwood's shooting style, how he doesn't spend a lot of time with actors and often films rehearsals--sometimes even using that footage in the final cut. I remember seeing "Hereafter" last year and for the first 20 minutes, thinking I was seeing one of the best films of the year. Then it fell apart. I was not surprised to later learn from screenwriter Peter Morgan that he only wrote one draft of the script--Eastwood didn't want him to do any further revisions. As a result, the resulting film was more frustrating than anything, full of missed opportunities and underdeveloped ideas.

"J. Edgar" has some great moments, but overall it falls short of the mark. Todd McCarthy at The Hollywood Reporter gave it one of its more positive notices, stating: "This surprising collaboration between director Clint Eastwood and 'Milk' screenwriter Dustin Lance Black tackles its trickiest challenges with plausibility and good sense, while serving up a simmeringly caustic view of its controversial subject's behavior, public and private." Over at Variety, Peter DeBruge calls the film "understated" and notes "a more outre Oliver Stone-like approach might have made for a livelier film," a statement I couldn't agree more with. It's all too tame, such as what DeBruge calls its "kid-gloves depiction" of some of Hoover's more loathsome manipulations. The harshest early review comes courtesy of Glenn Heath Jr. at Slant, who seems to take the film very personally. "My worst fears have been realized. For the first time, I can't excuse the bull Clint Eastwood is selling. I can't even come close," he writes. He goes on to call DiCaprio's performance "repellent" and says: "...as 'J. Edgar' clumsily shifts from past to present, indulging Hoover's distrusting historical perspective at every turn, Eastwood's film becomes a suffocating bore of indulgent orating, faux-historiography, and inconsequential dramatic outbursts."

While it remains to be seen if audiences will seek out the movie, I think there's enough interest in the subject and star for it to do pretty well at the box office.[ And I don't think DiCaprio's work can be denied. I also enjoyed Armie Hammer as Clyde Tolson, and he could sneak into the Supporting Actor category. But I wouldn't count on anything else--screenplay is unlikely, best picture is off. It's Leo's show, for sure.

--Jenelle Riley

Leo and Clint will be on ABC's Nightline on Monday Nov 7th, so we'll see Leo on their morning new show GMA and their nightly news show, great !

Below are tweets of the gentleman who interviewed them about their meeting : )

TrryMoranTerry Moran

Clint Eastwood/Leonardo DiCaprio on @Nightline MONDAY night. They were really interesting together.

LeoDiCaprio was very thoughtful about a Gatsby in 3-D. He said it puts every character in focus, sharpening their isolation.

Right now, @LeoDiCaprio is filming "The Great Gatsby" in 3-D. I told him he was born to play Jay Gatsby. He said,"Thank you...I think."

"J. Edgar," the new Eastwood/DiCaprio movie, is about power--Hoover had it for 48 years. Presidents feared him. But it's also about love.

And Clint Eastwood tells me he wanted to portray the relationship between Hoover and Clyde Tolson as "love between men"--not men in love.

@LeoDiCaprio tells me he thinks J. Edgar Hoover was a man who sacrificed his personal life for his work. The FBI was his one true love. Sad.

Just finished interviewing Clint Eastwood and @LeoDiCaprio on their new movie,"J. Edgar." Great film--powerful and emotional. Good guys.

Again, I'm not sure if someone posted this review already...

as we know, the film wasn't very good, so I'm going to focus on what we are interested... Leonardo chances of kicking George Clooney's ass :laugh:

Leonardo DiCaprio complicates the best actor race in speculative 'J. Edgar'

In the context of Oscar, it's now obvious the best actor race will come down to Clooney and DiCaprio. This pundit prefers the startling work of Michael Fassbender in "Shame," but that performance's win will likely be the nomination. DiCaprio has never won an Academy Award, but Clooney arguably is the best he's ever been in "The Descendants." He also is a prime contender for the two-time Oscar winner club (not that it will be at the forefront of most voters minds). DiCaprio is a three-time nominee who many mistakenly assume is already a winner when he isn't. Is it his time to actually grace the Kodak Theater stage? The Weinstein Company will have a legitimate shot with Jean Dujardin, but it's just hard to see him overtaking Clooney or DiCaprio in the last lap

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/awards-campaig...ulative-j-edgar