Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b215873_bl...ards_prima.html

The Leonardo DiCaprio mindbender Inception was next with 10, followed by the much-liked The Social Network, with nine.

Inception is nominated for best picture, but no nomination for Leo for best actor! :war::blink: <_<

I don't know but I didn't liked this too much, it doesn't seem a good thing for me :yuckky: <_< Leo wasn't nominated, I wasn't expecting him nominated for Inception but for Shutter Island (for sure), and than his name is not there, anyway, I'am happy Inception have a lot of nominations. I just hope Leo will not be "forgotten" one more time in Oscar 2011, or Golden Globes or SAG! than will be REALLY unfair. <_<

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b215873_bl...ards_prima.html

The Leonardo DiCaprio mindbender Inception was next with 10, followed by the much-liked The Social Network, with nine.

Inception is nominated for best picture, but no nomination for Leo for best actor! :war::blink: <_<

I don't know but I didn't liked this too much, it doesn't seem a good thing for me :yuckky: <_< Leo wasn't nominated, I wasn't expecting him nominated for Inception but for Shutter Island (for sure), and than his name is not there, anyway, I'am happy Inception have a lot of nominations. I just hope Leo will not be "forgotten" one more time in Oscar 2011, or Golden Globes or SAG! than will be REALLY unfair. <_<

Hiiiiii

yes i totally agree with you!! Leo definately deserves to be nominated. For some reason i think the fact that Shutter Island was released way back in February was a disadvantage. :( Either way Leo had a fantastic 2010.

This article highlights the best and worst movie careers of 2010 and Leo made the best list! The last part of the article i like!!

Best and Worst Movie Careers

Leonardo DiCaprio

Leonardo DiCaprio's year in movies (indeed, his last few years in movies) could also carry a subtitle: Watch Leo Suffer. DiCaprio suffered a lot in cinema this year, playing two widowers haunted by his past deeds, his sanity and his, of course, amazing ability to trip through dreamscapes in perfectly tailored suits. In Martin Scorsese's moody genre exercise "Shutter Island," in which he played a Boston federal marshal investigating an insane asylum, and in Christopher Nolan's highly anticipated, audacious (and may I add not all that it's cracked up to be) "Inception," in which he dream-weaves more than the Gary Wright song (sorry, I don't have the room to explain "Inception" right now), DiCaprio is wonderfully tense, sympathetic and, yes, a movie star. He carries the films, even with all of their impressive effects. So with two big movies, two much-talked-about movies (particularly "Inception"), DiCaprio is possibly Oscar bound this year. But even if he's not nominated, he's certainly box-office gold, and in Hollywood, that always (for better and often for worse) equals a spectacular career. At least one great year.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/year-in-revie...eers/?gt1=28101

Oh today I was reading the Toronto Sun Newspaper. In that newspaper there was an article about Jack Nicholson and his movie blah blah blah..... but in the article Jack Nicholson talks about how he prefers not working on movies all the time and that he doesn't have a huge work ethic and Jack said that he was talking to leo and Leo told him how he "loves not working!"

I thought it was cute. I like that Leo takes his career seriously but it is not his whole life. Leo has mentioned how he doesn't take his work home with him. I think it shows he has a healthy mindset. Some actors get very crazy aboout their careers and that's all they live for. I love that leo has a life outside movies! I also remember reading another article from a few years ago where leo said he enjoys when he has time off.

DiCaprio is possibly Oscar bound this year. But even if he's not nominated, he's certainly box-office gold, and in Hollywood, that always (for better and often for worse) equals a spectacular career. At least one great year. I guess this is right, and I'am afraid he will not be nominated, and what you said about the movie was released in february it's a good excuse to Academy don't nominate him, but for sure is not fair and is not the truth, they just will not give Leo one more chance in Oscar if they don't want, anyone could forget such an outstanding performance like that, even if was in years ago, so this don't convince me!

yeah, fashiondream! I agree with you, I know Leo have a life besides his professional work, but he have such a passion about act and I think he have to be reconized by his efforts to make everything so good and intense, I mean he's the best actor nowadays, what they are expecting to give him the award already? maybe in 2012, 2013, 2014... I'am just tired of him being left out of competition when he truly deserves to be among the other actors, like happened in 2009 for RR, was just sooooooooo unfair, I get so upset, I don't know about his feelings but I have sure the people that appreciate amazing performances will agree with me.

post-40197-0-1446082753-18554_thumb.jpg

Stanislaw Szukalski - "grandfather" DiCaprio

A few weeks ago, the magazine "Coffee", published an interview with Leonardo DiCaprio, in which the actor indicates his Polish "grandfather", Stanislaw Szukalski. Forgotten sculptor - says star - but also a painter and teoretyku, author of the original theory of language called zarmatyzm. Unfortunately, the actor is right, the name is foreign Szukalski most Poles

(...)

DiCaprio, a guardian Szukalski closeness with family DiCaprio is not an invention of journalists. Sculptor's nephew, Roman Romanovich, traveling with his uncle in 1980, often met with him six years George and his son. Moreover, lived near each other. Father of future superstar - the same graphic designer, cartoonist, set designer - for years been friends with a Polish artist, helped him, and sometimes even be looking after them. Along with another American close to the sculptor, Glenn Brey and his wife Lena Zwalve. Friends of U.S. already in 1980 led to the edition of the album "A Troughful of Pearls. Behold! The Protong. This included a review of the work Szukalski since 1912, but also presented his theory of linguistics. In 1982 is released the album "Inner Portraits." In 1989, ie after the death of the artist's resume, "Behold! The Protong. Album released in 2000, "The Art of Struggle Szukalski, bearing an introduction by Leonard and George DiCapriów. Father and son were also sponsors a huge exhibition of his work, which took place in late 2000 and 2001 at the Laguna Museum in California. Role of the family in remembering a DiCapriów Szukalski, his talent, can not be overestimated. Leonardo many times publicly recalled his Polish name "grandfather" as inspiring as it Dowsena role in "Titanic." Currently, it is clear from the interview cited in the introduction, is preparing to implement dedicated Szukalskiemu biopic. This would be the most effective way possible dissemination of works of Polish artist.

http://www.tygodniksolidarnosc.com/2010/51/3_sta.htm

Yeah,girls! I agree that the only one reason,Shutter Island wouldn't be nominated on Oscars is that it was realised in February and I didn't like this fact that timen yet.

But hope dies last,as it said so let's see Golden Globe nominants on 15 of december and we will be able to predict the winners of GG and Oscars too.

I guess Inception will hit on Goldenn Globe. I suppose Leo has a chance to be nominated on GG even for Inception.

thanks a lot, fashiondream, for this cute pic of Leo,I've just never seen it before,lovely kid :heart:

I'm not even taking these Golden Globes seriously. It's obvious that it is not just about the acting. I mean if The Tourist, Angelina Jolie, Johnny Depp can get nominated when the movie was a disaster in terms of reviews... it was critically panned and the performances were given bad reviews as well. Plus people didn't even go out to see the movie .. it did bad at the box office. Even with two big stars it couldn't get a good opening weekend box office because the movie just plain sucked. So it is very obvious that they were nominated because they wanted more viewers to watch the show... plus of course these entertainment shows will be promoting the awards by going crazy over what Angelina will wear or if Brad Pitt will come and if Brad pitt is jealous of Johnny etc etc. it's all sooo ridiculous.

If this is what the Golden Globes is about i'm happy leo is not apart of this nonsense!

for sure he was snubbed fashiondream! It's like I said before they will not give Leo the awards just by the simple fact "THEY DON'T WANT", I'am starting to think it's envy, or jelousy of his talent, big hits in 2010, I don't know what to think? the other actors, or studios bought the voters, or something like that? It's unbelievable Leo's not there!

Leo did win that Golden Globe in 2004, so i definately don't think they have some personal problem with him. I'm sure they even loved his performance but maybe they just liked the others more and they can only pick 5..

I'm not getting overly upset about it though because it is what it is..... but of course its always nice to see Leo win. :p