Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Well he did visit the Red Riding hood set! Though maybe that was also in part to Lukas being apart of the project? Anyways here goes...

Famous faces to look out for in Vancouver

A host of beautiful people will be flocking to British Columbia in the coming months to film a number of hot new movies and television series. Keep your eye out for these celebrities on Vancouver's streets

January 3, 2012 3:07 PM

Okay, so he's probably NOT coming to Vancouver during filming of Akira, but his company is producing the feature film that will be filming here in March -- starring Kristen Stewart, Helena Bonham Carter and Garrett Hedlund -- and so... well, you never know.

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/...7357/story.html

princess: I think if have a premiere in Brazil that probably would happen in Rio or S�o Paulo, we both have to stay in Pami's home... :p because I live so far away from this big cities.

Look at us! Invited us to Pami's house :laugh:

But don't worry Pami. I make the dinners and Barbie wash the dishes! :p

Sure. :laugh:

Tweet Alyce Crawford made back in May.. must have been great meeting him since she's a fan :p

AlyceDaisy Alyce Crawford

@annabelwendt definitely one of the greats + it has my 2 favorite boys, Johnny & Leo ;)

28 May

http://twitter.com/alycedaisy

Soa the Hulk talking about leo on his twitter just now

soathehulk Soa The Hulk Palelei

soathehulk Soa The Hulk Palelei

@ @ryanbeckham1990 no we've met before but first one of my fights hes caught being in sydney otherwise hes mostly in the states

25 minutes ago

@ @ryanbeckham1990 hes a huge fan and he was my guest at CFC

7 minutes ago » soathehulk Soa The Hulk Palelei

even Leonardo DiCaprio is behind "The Hulk" fighting, comin 2 watch him fight in CFC last month

#HulkForUFC @danawhite

11 minutes ago

hey girls! thanks for all the updates! :hug:

welcome back Barbie! :hug:

ohhh these stupid infos about his gfs already make me sick! :/ one night girls aren't girlfriends! also the girls he played in the movies with. :/

and this Madalena thing :laugh: OMG Italian press already believes in what they invented themselves :whistle::rofl:

Pami

What is this I'm reading , are you saying that you will be flying all of us to Brazil to watch Great Gatsby with you ??

How exciting ! I've never been to Brazil :)

Fash

Gosh you found so many goodies for us since my last visit , thanks :flower: :flower:

What a treat the Leo/Soa clip including quick glimpse of Erin , as well as, the other goodies you found

Shine

Thanks for Leo/ J Edgar pix, I don't recall seeing them either :)

Barbie

Thanks for Leo/Happy Holiday clip :)

yayyyy barbie is back!!!! I missed you girl! :hug:

Thanks fash for all these tweets! And the Soa vid. Yup you can defiently see erin in the background. Also Pami what did you think of leos arms and shoulders in the soa vid??? You must have been going nuts because I was :drool: He defiently looks buff! :woot:

Thanks shine for the J.Edgar makeup pics!

Lovely avi barbie :wub:

Also does anyone know if Leo is still on top of the highest paid actors list??? At least for 2011?

He wouldn't be as he took a huge cut in pay for J Edgar. More important is the highest grossing actor - I think he made the top of that one for Inception in 2010,

Lovely avi barbie :wub:

Also does anyone know if Leo is still on top of the highest paid actors list??? At least for 2011?

He wouldn't be as he took a huge cut in pay for J Edgar. More important is the highest grossing actor - I think he made the top of that one for Inception in 2010,

thank you :) I didn't know if they announced who was the highest grossing actor of 2011 yet.

hii winterbone!

Leonardo’s DiCaprio’s mother, Irmelin, has always had final say on Leo’s real-life leading ladies.

After Mama Irms recently vetoed Blake Lively from Leo’s la vida loca, the actor decided he is ready to introduce the most important woman in his life to his latest leggy blonde; Victoria’s Secret model, Erin Heatherton.

“Leo was at the Four Seasons hotel buffet in Los Angeles on New Year’s Day with his mom and Erin,” an eyewitness tells Business Insider. “Erin was seated at their brunch table directly across from Leo’s mom and they all looked happy.”

And while Leo wore a black Raiders hat, shorts and a Polo shirt, his model girlfriend was dressed to impress.

“Erin wore a dark dress with white polka dots,” reveals our eyewitness. “She spoke with Leo while filling her plate at the salad bar, but they refrained from PDA.”

Leo and Erin have been spending quite a bit of time together lately; from taking strolls in Los Angeles and sightseeing in Sydney to shacking up at an exclusive ski lodge over the holidays with Leo’s pals, Bradley Cooper and Zoe Saldana.

No word yet on whther or not Erin passed Irm’s test, but she won’t be around for long if not!

http://www.businessinsider.com // http://www.leonardofanuk.tumblr.com

Going by recent breaking news from Hollywood Reporter , no one may be going to Vancouver for Akira filming

'Akira' Production Offices Shut Down As Warner Bros. Scrutinizes Budget (Exclusive)

The production offices in Vancouver are being closed, with below-the-line talent and crew told to stop working. “Everybody is being sent home,” according to an insider.

11:17 AM PST 1/5/2012 by Borys Kit

Warner Bros is pushing the pause button on Akira.

The project, which has been through several incarnations, is being shut down in the face of casting and budgetary issues. The production offices in Vancouver are being closed, with below-the-line talent and crew told to stop working. “Everybody is being sent home,” according to an insider.

Producers, who include Appian Way’s Jennifer Kiloran Davisson and Mad Chance’s Andrew Lazar, will hunker down with director Jaume Collet-Serra for the next two weeks to iron out the script. It is unclear if Harry Potter scribe Steve Kloves, who did a pricey rewrite on the project a year ago, will be brought in to help out.

If the issues cannot be resolved, the project could end up being shelved entirely, say insiders.

Collet-Serra already had halved the budget from the incarnation that Albert Hughes was going to direct. He now is working on a budget in the $90 million range. But with only Garrett Hedlund (Tron: Legacy) signed on to star, and Kristen Stewart, Ken Watanabe and Helena Bonham Carter in various stages of dealmaking, the studio feels that the price tag is still too high for a sci-fi project with that level of star wattage. The goal, say insiders, is to bring the budget down to between $60 million and $70 million.

An adaptation of the classic Japanese manga, Akira is an Americanized story set in a postapocalyptic New Manhattan, where a motorcycle gang leader (Hedlund) must stop his brother and fellow gang member from abusing his newly acquired telekinetic powers.

Akira already has “died” three times only to rise phoenix-like from the ashes. Ruairi Robinson and Hughes were previously deep into the project as directors before dropping off. Collet-Serra got the project green-lighted and has come the closest to going before cameras.

This isn't the only Warner Bros. project whose budget is being scrutinized. Arthur and Lancelot, the period fantasy being directed by David Dobkin, also has come under increased budget pressure.

Sources close to the project say Akira isn't dead yet. “It’s a very resilient movie,” says one insider. “Warner Bros. just won’t let it die.”

Warner Bros. declined comment.