Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

From Daily Telegraph

Leonardo DiCaprio creates a truly great Gatsby

HOLLYWOOD icon Robert Redford, eat your heart out.

Basking in the golden glow of his leading man status, Leonardo DiCaprio more than measures up to Redford's smouldering style in the original The Great Gatsby - as these first official photos prove.

Embracing co-star Carey Mulligan, who plays Daisy Buchanan, 37-year-old DiCaprio has carried the weight of expectation - and gossip - for Baz Luhrmann's extravagant remake of The Great Gatsby, which wraps filming next week.

The three-month shoot has provided employment for more than 250 extras and up to 750 cast and crew each day, generating more than $120 million in local investment.

And that's before DiCaprio tallies up his mini-bar bill at The Darling hotel in Pyrmont, where he has kept company with a bevy of Sydney models and social butterflies.

With filming unfolding around Sydney, as well as the Fox Studios Australia backlot, The Daily Telegraph also tips its hat to Luhrmann for the photo opportunities the production has provided.

Official portraits from Warner Brothers include a key cast shot of the movie's four stars: DiCaprio, Mulligan, Tobey Maguire (as Nick Harroway) and Joel Edgerton (as Tom Buchanan).

The lavish 3D production has already inspired fashion trends around the world, with art deco jewellery and flapper styles roaring back on the catwalk.

Jeweller Tiffany & Co has provided exclusive pieces, including the diamond and platinum headpiece and pearl bracelets featured on Mulligan (below left).

Creative designer Catherine Martin, Luhrmann's wife, is understood to have tapped into archives to create the film's costumes.

Movie buffs must wait until December 2012 for the film's release

Jay.jpg

So I just watched the video of the golden globe nominations, and I didn't know Leos good friend Gerard Butler announced Leos name :) lollll kinda cool! Like to see those two hanging out again!

Thanks for the article Ox! I think we'll get to 700 pages by the end of this weekend :laugh: Knowing our speed ;)

tomsteinfort Tom Steinfort

@

@sarabray @tommyowe the handsome devil has just been sighted at Beach Haus....Dicaprio-esque scenes ensuing

hace 1 hora

I have no idea what this tweet means. If he was seen in Beach Haus or some other weird encrypted message!!!

Why people don't speak clearly? You Know... for other people who isn't aware of the English slang understand! :laugh:

Hello my friends,

Today I went through a very difficult time, I was assaulted and one guy pointed a gun at my head...I was going to work. I'm so scared girls,but at least I have this thread to spend my time and relax my mind. Sorry to talk about it here, but I'm still a little nervous... :(

Hello my friends,

Today I went through a very difficult time, I was assaulted and one guy pointed a gun at my head...I was going to work. I'm so scared girls,but at least I have this thread to spend my time and relax my mind. Sorry to talk about it here, but I'm still a little nervous... :(

What????? :o

I can imagine how terrible it might be Pami!! happened to me like 5 times, no gun but equally scary!!!

Thank god you're okay

:hug:

Hello my friends,

aw poor Pami,that's so scary! :( I can imagine what you'd feel! glad you're OK, hun! :hug:

ByPrincess

Now we know you adore me , it is like we are twins :p

Pami

Gosh that is HORRIBLE !! How frightening it had to have been.

I would say we all already received one special Christmas present = having our Pami unharmed and safe ! :hug: :hug:

Kat

Gee, you have been mugged as well ??

We must have you start walking in a safer area :)

Pami

I would say we all already received one special Christmas present = having our Pami unharmed and safe ! :hug: :hug:

What she needs is a protective shoulder :p

She needs Danny Arher as a full time bodyguard

If you ever have any questions about english slang, please free to ask me :)

:hug:

Hello my friends,

Pami that is just awful!!! I am happy your okay, and I hope you can get through this. Were here for ya Pami :hug:

Kat

We must have you start walking in a safer area

Ox it was not me, it was Pami!! :cry:

Thanks for "consideration" posters ;)

Kat

Oops , I see now it was By Princess who said it had happened to her 5 times, sorry :}

By Princess

Now that I have the poster straight :)

We must have you start walking in a safer area !!

Sic

Yes, the first FYC /J Edgar ad was ,also, the cover of the that day's Daily Variety :

Variety puts out a weekly issue, as well as, a daily issue .