Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Comments from those who have seen the 3D version of Titanic

Titanic in 3D: Why it 'truly impresses'

It cost James Cameron $18 million to convert his sinking-ship romance into a third dimension — but even skeptical critics say it was money well spent

posted on October 31, 2011, at 3:31 PM

Critics who caught an 18-minute preview of James Cameron's conversion of "Titanic" to 3D say it looks almost as good as a film originally shot in 3D. Photo: 20th Century FoxSEE ALL 18 PHOTOS

Best Opinion: Slash Film, EW, HitFix

Fourteen years ago, James Cameron's Oscar-winning epic Titanic first introduced us to Leonardo DiCaprio's Jack, who froze in icy waters as the unsinkable ship sank, and Kate Winslet's Rose, whose heart went on and on via YouTube and Netflix. Next spring, the beloved/ridiculed film will return to theaters painstakingly converted to 3D at a cost of $18 million. Cameron recently previewed 18 minutes of the 3D footage for the press and, while films rarely dazzle when a third dimension is belatedly tacked on, commentators say the Titanic 3D conversion "truly impresses." Here's why:

1. Cameron's film is unusually well-suited for conversion

Typically, "I absolutely hate post converted 3D," says Peter Sciretta at Slash Film. But this "looks almost as good" as a film that was natively shot in 3D. "If I had never seen the movie before, you would have been able to convince me" that it was originally shot in 3D. It doesn't hurt that "Cameron's cinematography is usually slow and steady and wonderfully composed for depth."

2. 3D heightens the emotional intensity

The 3D is especially evocative during the sequence in which Jack is trapped in handcuffs at the bottom of the ship, and Rose rushes to free him, says Adam B. Vary at Entertainment Weekly. "As she raced through the ship's empty bowels, water rising with every passing second, the 3D really did give me a greater feeling of how alone she is in those long and deserted hallways." And "watching the water lap against the frame, always threatening to spill into the theater, certainly helped add to the sense of anxiety."

3. 3D aside, it'll be great just to have Titanic back in theaters

Watching Cameron's preview in a movie theater was "a reminder of all the great details in the picture that get lost — even on a big screen TV," says Gregory Ellwood at HitFix. "The detail in the production and costume design was immense." The striking chemistry between Winslet and DiCaprio also really comes across when the film is in theaters — in a way that it just can't "on a cable repeat on TNT."

Wijn

Thanks for our Halloween Leo, as well as, more Titanic special edition clips :)

Fash and Lola: Thank you both SOOO much for the new halloween pics! I guess he really did go to Kates party. Hes gone almost every year ;)

Ox: Great find of the pic of Jay and Daisy! Finally a shot of the two filming! (it looks like the,still hopeing we get a clearer shot )

Thanks wijn for all the vids!

The striking chemistry between Winslet and DiCaprio also really comes across when the film is in theaters — in a way that it just can't "on a cable repeat on TNT."

believe me sir, I can feel it. I can feel it in VHS, I can feel it in DVD, on TNT, in the movie theater, in the Golden globes, in the red carpet, in that interview with Matt Lauer

Leo's back!!!!!!!!! Yeah, hell. Pics, pics, pics :ddr: :hell yea!: :dance: :chicken: :nicole:.

I will not thank each one individually because surely I'll end up forgetting someone :blush:. Thanks GIRLS for all news, photos, videos and tweets. Oh, these pictures are killing me :drool: :drool: :drool:.

A little FYI, I was watching The Insider and the host (I think her name is Nancy??)said she was interviewing Leo this week. So we should be expected to see that soon!

I am very excited for these interviews we'll be getting soon. I am most excited to see his interview with Maria Menunous, assuming she'll interview him again. They always look like they have a good time and look like they flirt alot :p :heart:

Hey watching Dancing with the Stars just now, and guess who I saw in the audiance sitting next to Courtney Cox cheering on David? Lukas Haas! Just saying thats kinda cool because We know Leo has vacayed with Courtney and David before. Its just neat to see how the circle of friends works and how they all hang out :)

A little FYI, I was watching The Insider and the host (I think her name is Nancy??)said she was interviewing Leo this week. So we should be expected to see that soon!

I am very excited for these interviews we'll be getting soon. I am most excited to see his interview with Maria Menunous, assuming she'll interview him again. They always look like they have a good time and look like they flirt alot :p :heart:

That's great. Thanks for the info kat.

And thanks by_princess for the pics. Ya, they really have a great chemistry :wub:.

Have you seen this? Stand up comedy... :laugh:.

LINK 1

LINK 2

The tweet below is from the writer whose tweet I posted earlier today stating she was about to interview Leo

@jenellerileyJenelle Riley

It's all good, Leo was a little behind, but well worth waiting for. Thoughtful, intelligent, and with a great sense of humor about himself!

3 hours agovia web

Kat

Thanks for news of upcoming Insider interview :)

By Princess

Thanks for more Halloween pix , as well as, great Leo & Kate pix ; chemistry indeed :)

Tks girls!!!

So many pics!!!Leo looks DAMMMN sexy as Jay Gastby!!! Wow,I have butterflies inside! :drool:

Hey Leo....Can I be your Daisy? ;)

Oxford,dont spread it around...that it was me who gave him this ring! :o But....how did you find out that? :p

Kisses!!!!

Lola Thanks a bunch for posting the link to more halloween costume pics!!!! :flower:

I like Lukas' costume the best... hilarious lol. Also, it looks like Kevin was true to his word and did go as Gilligan again lol

Oxford Thanks for Titanic 3D article! I really think this movie will do well at the box office again this time around. The movie is still popular after so many years, as we can see there's always excitement on twitter whenever it's on. I hope that transcends into the box office world.

Also thanks for that pleasant tweet! People who have actually MET him always have the same wonderful things to say.

ByPrincess Thanks for more pics!!

Kat Thanks for TV alerts. Hope i'll be able to see the Insider interview when it's on. I watch Dancing with the Stars but today I was unable to, though I wish I could have because It would have been quite the surprise to see Lukas. I'll be looking for a repeat of it on TV tonight. Thanks again!!

From NY Post Page Six

Stars in (crazy) character

Halloween in Hollywood brought out the A-listers in costume. Saturday, Leonardo DiCaprio remained hidden behind a mask at Kate Hudson’s bash at her Pacific Palisades home. The star felt so comfortably obscured that he danced wildly with friends. Jessica Biel dressed up as a pre-divorce Kim Kardashian, and brought her stylist Estee Stanley, dressed as Khloe, another friend dressed as Kourtney, and Stanley’s husband as Scott Disick. Miley Cyrus’ house was where young Hollywood, including Zac Efron and Rumer Willis, partied late Saturday night. At Matthew Morrision’s bash at Voyeur lounge, the cast of “Glee” -- including Dianna Agron, Mark Salling and Darren Criss -- arrived as “Rugrats” characters, but absent were Lea Michelle and Cory Monteith. On Friday, real estate developer Mike Meldman hosted Mel Gibson dressed as a werewolf, costume-less Cameron Diaz, Paris (as She-Ra) and Nicky Hilton, Jessica Alba and Cash Warren.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/stars_in_c...I#ixzz1cSVqnX2N

Winterbone

Thanks for great photo of Leo and Baz :)

Pami

I bet if we could get a better look at that ring we would see inside the band carved Leo loves Pami :p

I saw this tweet his morning , and I thought of you :)

Some people grow up but never age. They are forever stuck in endless flawlessness. Those are known as Leonardo DiCaprio.

8 minutes ago