Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Lukas Haas was there too.. figured he was there as well.

Sebastian_E_Lee Sebastian Lee

Lukas Haas hanging out in front of Goal again. And he's here with Kevin Connolly. The paps are going crazy

3 hours ago

Ox Yeah wonder what he will be this year as well.

Funny how last year we knew before halloween what he'd dress up as :p

Article is really about Arnie Hammer, but one can tell from comments that the NY Magazine writer HAS SEEN J Edgar

Armie Hammer, ‘J. Edgar’

Armie Hammer has the kind of good looks that can get in the way of a career: they’re almost too perfect. But playing the aggrieved yet arrogant Winklevoss twins in “The Social Network” opened doors, and behind one of them was Clint Eastwood.

In “J. Edgar” (Nov. 9), Mr. Eastwood’s intimate biopic of J. Edgar Hoover, Mr. Hammer plays Clyde Tolson, Hoover’s associate director at the Federal Bureau of Investigation and, according to the film, the love of his life. “J. Edgar” has little truck with the lurid rumors that swirled around Hoover and Tolson (cross-dressing, orgies involving blond boys and Bibles). Instead, it grounds their relationship in simple facts: two men constantly seeking each other’s company, dining together, vacationing together and working together, with no apparent sexual interest in women.

Leonardo DiCaprio has the juicy role of the vindictive, paranoid Hoover, who built the F.B.I. into an effective crime-fighting organization but also an instrument of his personal power by keeping presidents in line with secret files and playing hopscotch on the Bill of Rights. Judi Dench plays his formidable mother and Naomi Watts his loyal if occasionally horrified secretary. The least experienced of this stellar bunch, Mr. Hammer arguably has the hardest job. It falls to him to make real and never risible Clyde and J. Edgar’s nearly 45-year romance, as the movie depicts it, and, when Hoover dies in 1972, genuinely touching. He pulls it off with understated grace.

At 26 Mr. Hammer is a year younger than Tolson was when the 32-year-old Hoover read his unremarkable job application, then looked at his picture and invited him in for a chat. Tolson was no more Ivy League than Hoover, but Mr. Hammer inflects him with the impeccable style and bright-eyed charm of an upscale hustler. He cleverly keeps it subtle, which has the peculiar effect of making you feel slightly protective of Hoover for the only time in the movie.

Is Tolson just hitching a ride on his young boss’s coattails? No, it gradually becomes apparent that while he is exhilarated to be part of a newly invigorated agency, his exhilaration extends to Hoover himself. Mr. Hammer has a greater burden when he has to play the much later scenes as an aging, infirm man (Tolson died in 1975), his face almost immobilized by a stroke. But Mr. Hammer keeps his character fully expressive, as if by sheer will: his own, his character’s, or both.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/30/movies/b...nted=2&_r=1

Fash

Thanks for information, I don't think I saw the TMZ clip :)

Thanks Ox for Armie article!

Here's the TMZ mention I was talking about. He was spotted buying 7 of them.. from pics we saw that he and his friends were dressed the same (baboon masks) then there was that vid clip of him entering Roosevelt hotel and he was wearing a devil mask (which is what is mentioned in the TMZ link below).

http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/31/leonardo-dic...loween-costume/

tanks girls! :wave:

sorry Pami I couldn't reply your post about video quick,I just logged in,but glad solange already helped you! :wave:

yay! he's in LA! :clap: paaaaaaaps! time to work hard guys! we need his LA pics now :laugh:

OMG I'm so excited J.Edgar premiere is coming and we'll see tons of new pics and vids! :ddr: :dance: :hell yea!:

thanks ox! :hug: I'm glad too :p

Wheeeee!!! :wub:

I’m so happy to see he’s hanging with Kevin and Lukas again!! :clap:

And Kat, the video you posted really changed my opinion about her.

She seems really nice :)

However, I still think it’s just a fling, but we’ll see…

Oh, and maybe a little of topic,

But Emily and Alex got a baby girl last night :heart:

Yayy! So happy hes back in L.A! :clap: Also happy to hear him hanging with lukas and kevin, because they haven't hung out in a verry long time it seems! Thanks everyone for the tweets :hug:

Thanks Ox for J.Edgar articles. I don't think they have done a bad job marketing the movie. So far it seems people are pretty excited!

wijn: Thats good to hear emily had her baby :)

Emma stone talks about Leo some more :p

“I used to be mad about Leonardo DiCaprio during his Titanic and Romeo and Juliet time.

“I really thought he was so cool. But then as time goes on and you get a little closer to those people or you meet those people, you go, ‘Oh ­everyone is completely normal all the time and every human being is exactly alike’.

http://www.people.co.uk/celebs-tv/2011/10/...02039-23524043/