Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

From Variety 

Martin Scorsese’s “Killers of the Flower Moon,” a historical drama about the serial targeting and murder of members of the oil-rich Osage tribe, will open in limited theaters starting Oct. 6. The film will then have a wide release on Oct. 20.

“Killers of the Flower Moon,” which is being produced by Apple Original Films, will then begin streaming on Apple TV+ at an unspecified date. Paramount Pictures will partner with Apple on the theatrical release of the movie, which has an impressive ensemble that includes Oscar winners Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro and Brendan Fraser, as well as Jesse Plemons and Lily Gladstone. Given the top talent involved, “Killers of the Flower Moon” is expected to be a major awards season player.

Magical

There is no rape scene in the book . Billy hears a noise outside his rented house and when he goes out to see cause of noise he encounters Alice who has just been pushed out of a van that then speeds away & it is when he brings  her inside to tend to her injuries that he  finds out the men in the van raped her 

6 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Magical

There is no rape scene in the book . Billy hears a noise outside his rented house and when he goes out to see cause of noise he encounters Alice who has just been pushed out of a van that then speeds away & it is when he brings  her inside to tend to her injuries that he  finds out the men in the van raped her 

👍🏻 That's better!

9 hours ago, YouNoMe said:

THere goes my November theory, but it's still in the fall 🍁. Has Scorsese ever released a film 📽️ outside the winter ❄️ or autumn 🥮 seasons

Is that true? Or am I asleep again? 😂

Seems like KOTFM might compete for the Palme d'Or in Cannes.

Martin Scorsese’s ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ Sets October 6th Release Date

As previously mentioned, Martin Scorsese’s “Killers of the Flower Moon” will premiere at Cannes then get rolled out in the fall.

Variety has confirmed that fall date to be October 6th in limited release and wide on October 20th. There is currently no date for a streaming bow on Apple TV.

Judging by that date, I’m purely speculating here that ‘Killers’ will have its North American premiere at the New York Film Festival, which begins in the first week of October.

Cannes boss Thierry Fremaux basically confirmed the appearance of Scorsese’s film at Cannes this afternoon:

Yes, we’re in discussions. For 2023, the important thing is to make sure that Martin Scorsese attends with his new film which is an important work. The last time he came with a film was for “After Hours” in 1986!

Can “Killers of the Flower Moon” compete for the Palme d’Or? I was skeptical until just a few days ago when I heard from a French journalist who told me that it wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibilities. Apple no doubt wants a Palme d’Or along with their Oscars, for sheer legitimacy’s sake.

Apple also seems to be more flexible in adhering to French laws in regards to theatrical and streaming. I say, who knows!

Historically, Apple original movies have appeared exclusively on the streaming service or have been released in a small number of theaters. This mindset seems to have changed. A Bloomberg report from last week claimed that Apple planned to spend $1 billion a year to produce movies that would be released in theaters. It’s all part of an effort to raise their profile in Hollywood.

Source

30 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Barbie

That post is too funny and so painfully true = we have only had that one still to sustain us for almost 2 years :p 

I hope a teaser trailer or some new stills are surfacing soon :thumbsup:

Exactly, haha. We desperately need more.  :laugh:

It seems the chances to go for Cannes festival are high, according to Thierry Fremaux (Cannes director/president)

Are you in talks with Apple and Paramount over Martin Scorsese’s film “Killers of the Flower Moon”?

Yes, we’re in discussions. For 2023, the important thing is to make sure that Martin Scorsese attends with his new film which is an important work. The last time he came with a film was for “After Hours” in 1986!   

https://variety.com/2023/film/global/cannes-thierry-fremaux-2023-festival-1235565156/