Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

@akatosh thanks for the update. Now, I really got my fingers crossed for Jim Jones. That way @BarbieErin and most likely the rest of us will be satisfied, ecstatic even, with Lee as Jim and Jen as Marceline...(sniffs intensely) OSCAR! OSCAR!. Lee's got the personality for Jones! Our very own, THE EYES OF TAMMY FAYE, sort of. 

@Magical It's too late for me, but perhaps your wisdom warning ⚠️ will save another. 😄 I HAVE BEEN STUNG. But the oddity of it all is, I don't look 👀 for them, they beseech me! I'm starting to believe there is an imperceptible sign upon my forehead, legible for their eyes 👀 only. (They're pretty intense). 

15 minutes ago, YouNoMe said:

@akatosh thanks for the update. Now, I really got my fingers crossed for Jim Jones. That way @BarbieErin and most likely the rest of us will be satisfied, ecstatic even, with Lee as Jim and Jen as Marceline...(sniffs intensely) OSCAR! OSCAR!. Lee's got the personality for Jones! Our very own, THE EYES OF TAMMY FAYE, sort of. 

@Magical It's too late for me, but perhaps your wisdom warning ⚠️ will save another. 😄 I HAVE BEEN STUNG. But the oddity of it all is, I don't look 👀 for them, they beseech me! I'm starting to believe there is an imperceptible sign upon my forehead, legible for their eyes 👀 only. (They're pretty intense). 

Are you pisces or Taurus?

1 hour ago, Magical said:

Are you Pisces or Taurus?

I'm a Gemini . This is what makes my inclination even more strange. I rarely get on with Fire and Air signs. It's typically Water 💦 and Earth 🌐. I've been raised by Land and Water signs...I don't know. Upon meeting me, most ppl believe I am a Virgo  HA! 😆. I'm totally unorganised! 

Here's some info on the Yorn Brothers. I had forgotten that Pete is a musician. He made a song I used to listen 👂 to, but I can't remember the title presently. Anyway...

456591296_Screenshot_20220410-1747332.thumb.png.e446953023abc808a93d33098e068c11.png

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/hollywood-dynasty-the-yorn-brothers-1412610665

I remember! Strange Condition , from the Duane Hopwood soundtrack. David Schwimmer was the lead, opposite John Krasinski and Janeane Garofalo. Another Scorpio (Schwimmer)...see? In relation to DiCaprio, maybe he likes Strange Condition too! 😶But allow me to clarify my feelings concerning the zodiac, all the signs are spectacular! 🥰

Actually, it was On Your Side for Duane Hopwood. Whoops! 😊. Anyway, Pete is a good artist! 

Yes, this is definitely on Lee's playlist! 😍

Oh dear, it's slow 🐌 again. Well, if I may...today is the 11th of April, Titanic 🚢 week; in four days the famous ship liner will flounder. It may be considered unfair to be drawn to particular persons when recalling, referencing, and recounting phenomena that affect the masses, but as it seems, I am quite guilty of that. Looking 👀 back at the objective of James Cameron's 1997 blockbuster Titanic, a consciousness of the tragedy verifies the director's motive, and how much of that has been achieved is, at the moment, unverifiable. 

I can't fancy myself as resonating with Cameron's intention initially, but over the years, I have taken an interest in the history of the Titanic. As previously stated, today is the 11th of April, the Chief Wireless Operator's born 🐻 day, Jack Philips (aka, John George Philips). He was only 25 by 96 hours when the "grandest ship of the world 🌎" plummeted. Twenty-five is quite young, and the modes of transportation were quite intolerant in 1912. He was an English fellow from Godalming, England 🇬🇧, the Farncombe ward. 

The baby of five children, he appeared to be the only surviving boy. His mother, Anne Sanders, suffered miscarriages and stillborns before managing to give birth to him. Sources state Jack was often doted over and immensely protected. His older sisters, twins Elsie and Ethel, were incredibly committed and devoted to their baby brother. He struggled with traditional academics before being pushed along by an individual educational plan which allowed him to graduate at age 15. Subsequently, he pursued a career at the Godalming Post Office. Telegraphy was his strong suit, allotting the chap world travel and proficiency in his field. 

Reports suggested that Philips was seeking an assignment upon the completion of the RMS Titanic 🚢. Not scheduled to go, the expected telegraphist fell ill suggesting Philips as a profitable substitute. Philips agreed, becoming Senior Wireless Operator, upon the famous ship liner. His activities were casual leading up to the maiden voyage. He celebrated Easter 🐇, enjoyed times in Cowes, even sending off a postcard to his family a few days before departure. Aboard the Titanic, Philips celebrated his last and 25th birthday 🎉. He had become friendly with wireless partner Harold Bride and throughout the sail, the two found camaraderie amongst their duties. 

The evening of April 14, 1912, is greatly theorised, however, many reports reveal the telegraphy machine broke down, and Philips, against protocol, repaired it. Working by signal, when within range, "Sparks", as he was often referred to by peers, was working tirelessly. Between 10 p.m. (22:00) and 11:00 pm (23:00), the nearby Californian issued a warning ⚠️ to the Titanic via telegraph. This notification reportedly startled Philips, in midst of a backlog of chores, his response was unmannerly and dismissive. 

As 0220 or 2:20 am, approached, witnesses claim Philips was seen at the bow of the vessel, preparing to capitalise on an upside-down collapsible spotted a reasonable distance away. Some say he disappeared, being separated from Bride as they departed the sinking craft. Then some say he was hanging on to the noted collapsible lifeboat, reading off the names of the approaching ships, as an effort to encourage the stranded. The latter account made me wonder about Cameron's depiction of the male lead, Jack Dawson since the retelling of the tale of Titanic was told Jack Philips died of hypothermia, dangling in the frigid ocean, he passed just before rescue being released into the Atlantic after being classified as unresponsive. Even the use of the name Jack, made me analyse Cameron's connotation. (His) adaptation of the film Titanic was the only one that did not focus on the wireless operator. So could he have been blended into the creation of Jack Dawson? Who knows! Philip's legacy is not absent from controversy. Many square the sinking on his shoulders because of his response on that night. However, I've been swept away by knowing he was here. And I marvel at the notion that Cameron wanted all the viewers to indulge in the reality of that calamity. The purposes of art. 

Screenshot_20220411-154338-711.thumb.png.33049e2de8afb6ed1862e9aa02471272.png

Quick trivia:

1). Jack Philips has the largest memorial ever erected to a Titanic fatality. 

2). Approximately until the mid-1950s Godalming held a flag day in his honour.

3). Philips reportedly anticipated dying at work.

4). His family assembled an iceberg-designed monument upon his empty grave as a symbol of gallantry, despite his fear of ice. 

5). He had planned on residing in New York City, where he admired the Brooklyn Bridge. 

6). He liked sweets 🍭, poetry, profanity 🤬, bowling, and ladies 👩

7). He aspired to assume full responsibility for his disabled sister Ethel within the year of the Titanic sinking.  

Final Postcard:

Dated April 6th, 1912

Screenshot_20220411-171836-499.thumb.png.93b3b826e92be857f65961ea7e2e58a7.png

1026217503_Screenshot_20220411-1717382.thumb.png.8b814ccf0350500deb7bd302aa61b7c2.png

Titanic's voyage schedule was extended until December of 1912.

Screenshot_20220411-174732-673.thumb.png.a9f6fc525cecbb535410d7ca9eeb1c9c.png

Edited by YouNoMe
More Info

Remember that this past Summer, Leo stayed in a gated community in Tulsa? Well, I went to Tulsa to meet up with and have lunch my friend that lives in Dallas now, but used to live in that neighborhood. She is friends with people that still live in that neighborhood. This neighborhood is in a very upscale part of Tulsa and is gated with security that lets you in. We were able to get inside the gates today, and I was able to get pictures of the house Leo stayed in while he was filming KOTFM. This house was for sale and Leo, (or more likely, the film company), paid the owners lots of money to take it off the market and let him use it as his residence while he was in Oklahoma. As you can see, this particular house was not only inside a gated community, but also had a fencing all around the property. 

8B8266E7-8AB5-415D-9138-8D7C0012F546.thumb.jpeg.5fef2731b58875752bbcec278f7df2cb.jpeg

4EA19374-6DD8-4B96-A9FB-72FA348FF875.thumb.jpeg.4f08a1b10877de06b742a78c5052ac25.jpeg

F74776A5-DB4E-4FC5-B7C1-E53628E92299.thumb.jpeg.0d67573b71f100c7fe8adfd675462c87.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sugarwater said:

Remember that this past Summer, Leo stayed in a gated community in Tulsa? Well, I went to Tulsa to meet up with and have lunch my friend that lives in Dallas now, but used to live in that neighborhood. She is friends with people that still live in that neighborhood. This neighborhood is in a very upscale part of Tulsa and is gated with security that lets you in. We were able to get inside the gates today, and I was able to get pictures of the house Leo stayed in while he was filming KOTFM. This house was for sale and Leo, (or more likely, the film company), paid the owners lots of money to take it off the market and let him use it as his residence while he was in Oklahoma. As you can see, this particular house was not only inside a gated community, but also had a fencing all around the property. 

8B8266E7-8AB5-415D-9138-8D7C0012F546.thumb.jpeg.5fef2731b58875752bbcec278f7df2cb.jpeg

4EA19374-6DD8-4B96-A9FB-72FA348FF875.thumb.jpeg.4f08a1b10877de06b742a78c5052ac25.jpeg

F74776A5-DB4E-4FC5-B7C1-E53628E92299.thumb.jpeg.0d67573b71f100c7fe8adfd675462c87.jpeg

I'm just gonna stick to my original claims and say Lee (as I prefer to call him) will make his way to Oklahoma again. For whatever reason, and then I have my suspicions, it feels like he's drawn to KOTFM more so than DLU, despite the climate change/environmental content. And I still suspect McKay and DiCaprio made a deal re: these past award ceremonies. I wanna say he'll attend every function celebrating the KOTFM film. Agreeing with other claims, Marty is like ❤️ another father to Lee. And on these sets where he's most comfortable, it's like he's the second director! 

Of course, he couldn't stay in anything less spectacular or less defensible. It's a baby Gatsby mansion. 

Thanks, for the pics.  

Barbie

Re: KOTFM  As always we’ll have to wait and see , but if it moves to early Jan , like Revenant, it can still be eligible for 2024 Oscar 👍

YouNotMe

Thanks for all the Titanic related info as that fated day nears :) 

Akatosh & YouNotMe 

Marvin’s Room is one of my favorites , thanks for pix & vid  :heart: 

Sugarwater

Tks for pix of Leo’s Oklahoma residence :) 

Jade

If the NY vids are indeed old , then we’ll have to wait & see where Leo turns up next as we all well know he moves around like Jack Flash :p 

@oxford25 thanks dear 🥰.

- I'm glad someone else took the time to compare some of the real victims and survivors to the 1997 blockbuster because I had the desire, but...

I want to infer another point. Both written and visual/audio records are available for the public on the Titanic 🚢. I saw a documentary once speaking on the Labrador current. One historian pointed out that the original roster for the Titanic voyage was due to begin in December of 1911. Several delays concerning the ship's construction 🚧 is thought to have participated in the fate of the ship. Ice 🧊 is stored in the Labrador region and in early April, due to season changes, the ice breaks off and blends into the sea. If the Titanic had sailed in March, (as it was also once scheduled to depart) it is a possibility accident would have been circumvented. However, a sinking is the result and the tragedy is 110 years old Friday. 

Oh, right, my inference. Well, Titanic was one noted to depart in December, taking in Cameron's unapologetic interest in the event, could the December movie release have been a metaphor for the prospect of the ship's maiden voyage success? Much like Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood depicted a saved Sharon Tate, et al. 🤔

A piece of art that is just as fresh as its initial release date.