Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Thrilled to read in Variety interview that Devil in the White City is still on his planned film list make%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gif

I read the book; Leo would be great in the part

Off all the film and TV projects Appian has in the works, DiCaprio seems most enthusiastic about the adaptation of Erik Larson’s true tale “The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair That Changed America,” in which the actor would play serial killer H.H. Holmes. “We have a script for that. We’re doing our last couple rewrites, but it’s amazing,” he enthuses. “I want to be in that one. That one is very real.”

^yayyy  thats great to hear! Of course we don't know how much longer it will take, but nice to know that its still on his radar and getting close :dance: Interested to see what director becomes attatched...Thanks Calibi and Ox! 

These pictures are killing me :ninja: 

Fantastic news : Wolf of Wall Street crosses $300 million worldwide= Worldwide: $304,888,588 rhythm%20is%20a%20dancer.gifrhythm%20is%20a%20dancer.gifrhythm%20is%20a%20dancer.gif

Box-Office Milestone: 'Wolf of Wall Street' Becomes Martin Scorsese's Top-Grossing Film

Martin Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall Street has become the prolific filmmaker's top-grossing film at the worldwide box office, not accounting for inflation.

Over the weekend, the Oscar-nominated movie -- starring Leonardo DiCaprio as debauched Wall Street broker Jordan Belfort -- raced past the $300 million mark, eclipsing the $294.8 million grossed by Shutter Island

Domestically, Wolf of Wall Street has earned $107.9 million to date. Overseas, it has taken in $196.9 million for a global total of $304.9 million. The results are especially impressive considering the film's three-hour running time and restrictive ratings.

The film's performance is a victory for Red Granite Pictures, which fully financed the $100 million movie, as well as Paramount, which is handling the film in North America and Japan.

The movie -- a tougher sell in Asia and other parts of the world where there is high levels of censorship -- is a boon for many of the independent foreign distributors who bought rights to it from Red Granite.

Wolf has absolutely dazzled in France, earning $25.1 million for Metropolitan. In the U.K./Ireland, it has taken in $29.3 million and in Germany, $23.7 million (United Pictures International picked up rights in both those markets). The movie also has earned $12.9 million in Spain and $11.4 million in Italy.

Finally Variety has put the New York  Q&A screening video up

A little excerpt about last night HR nominee event

And More Awards-Season Party News...

Party Scoop: Last night at Spago Beverly Hills, The Hollywood Reporter held their 2nd Annual Nominees Night with celeb DJ CeeLo Green. Sponsored by Cadillac and Delta, Leonardo DiCaprio bonded with director David O. Russell near the bar, while Cloris Leachman decided to get the soiree underway by straddling a Cadillac outside. Lupita N'yongo, who just returned from some R&R in Jamaica ("I insisted on it!"), told me how excited she was about her photo spread in the new March issue of Glamour (pick up the issue on newsstands now!).

http://www.glamour.com/entertainment/blogs/obsessed/2014/02/tony-goldwyn-shares-what-he-fi.html

Some excerpts from Thelma Schoonmaker's recent interview with EW

post-52324-0-1446087055-8859_thumb.jpg

You’ve studied some of the greatest actors of the last 40 years, including Robert De Niro and Daniel Day-Lewis, up-close. In recent years, you’ve spent a lot of time staring at Leonardo DiCaprio. What is it about him that you find so special?

Leo has an incredible vulnerability, which I saw right away in Gangs of New York. He allows people to feel for him in a very special way, and I think that that has been something I’ve always loved in his performances. In this film, of course, he cut loose and [that quality] wasn’t required. What was required was that you want to see what’s happening with this character — not that you maybe identify with him, but you feel some for him, you’re interested in him. But in some of the previous films, like Shutter [island] and Departed and Gangs and Aviator, particularly, his vulnerability was quite marked. I really loved that about him. As time has gone on, he’s become more and more interested in experimenting and pushing the boundaries, and he certainly did in this one. [Laughs]. There’s nothing better than when a very handsome actor is willing to make fun of himself. For example, Marcello Mastroianni in Divorce Italian Style. He is so amazing in that movie and I kept thinking about that with Leo here, that he was just completely unafraid.

I attended the National Board of Review banquet where Leonardo and Martin engaged in a funny back-and-forth banter on stage, and it’s clear they have a great rapport and truly enjoy each other’s company. Gangs of New York was their first film together, so what clicked on that set that maybe brought them together?

Well, I think it took awhile for them to really develop this intense relationship. But I think Marty respected his bravery and that he was willing to go as far as he was in Aviator, for example, with the insane way that Howard Hughes is behaving in that screening room and losing all the weight that he did. And again, being willing to just do anything that was right for the part. And I think over the years, a trust has built up between them. I know Leo admires Marty enormously and just respects him so and loves to experiment with him.

I’m so glad that Shutter Island is being screened as part of this retrospective, because relatively speaking, it might be slightly underappreciated. To me, though, it’s nearly a perfect picture.

I love that film and I think because it was pushed into the following year and never got an Oscar campaign, I think that’s one of the reasons it hasn’t been noticed as much as it should. It’s a beauty. It was so moving, the concept that they’re all desperately trying to help him and he thinks they’re evil. It was such a beautiful idea. I loved working on that film, and Marty’s ideas about how to use 20th-century classical music were brilliant. But a very painful film. Very painful for them to make. Again, Leo was absolutely devoted to it. That was a grueling part. Several times, I’ve seen Leo insist on working when he had 106 degree fever, and he actually passed out on camera, and I think it was on that film. He just wanted to make sure that they didn’t lose a day shooting. So he was incredibly devoted to that.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/02/11/wolf-of-wall-street-dicaprio-scorsese-thelma-schoonmaker/

Marty on Conan talking about the scene in Wolf where Leo was eating the yellow tail and got sick

But look below the clip and you can see clips of all of Marty's appearance

http://www.thewrap.com/martin-scorsese-leonardi-dicaprio-sushi-wolf-of-wall-street-jonah-hill

The lore of Leonardo DiCaprio’s acting acumen and dedication continues to grow, one yellowtail tuna sushi roll at a time.

“Conan” guest Martin Scorsese shared stories Monday from the set of the Academy Award-nominated “Wolf of Wall Street” — including that time that Leo nearly overdosed on raw fish while filming the sushi scene with Jonah Hill.

DiCaprio is such a method actor, Scorsese recalled to host Conan O’Brien and sidekick Andy Richter, that he spent time between takes on the floor of the “Wolf of Wall Street” set, “retching” from eating too much of the uncooked stuff.

The director pleaded with his star to not finish each take by actually gobbling the last bit of yellowtail, but the actor insisted on sticking to where the dialogue took him each and every time. Somewhere around Take 8 or 9 of the three-to-four-hour shoot, it got bad

The guys in white were there,” Scorsese remembered. “I said, ‘I think we lost him’”

“He was just filled with saliva and vomit,” the famed director added, as if the TBS studio audience needed more of a visual.

http://www.thewrap.com/martin-scorsese-leonardi-dicaprio-sushi-wolf-of-wall-street-jonah-hill