Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY GIRLS!  :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thanks for sharing the pics from the screening last night Ox Flower%20for%20you.gif  I agree Kat, grey suits are definitely for him. They bring out those beautiful blue eyes! :wub: 

Found this on tumblr via calvinjcandie's blog. It was too cute not to share:

“Years earlier, [DiCaprio] met with Luhrmann about the role in “Moulin Rouge!” that eventually went to Ewan McGregor. “To be honest, I’m not really prepared to do a musical, simply because I think I have a pretty atrocious voice,” he notes. “But we had a friendly thing where it was me and him and a piano player, and we tried to sing a song together. It didn’t go too well. I think it was ‘Lean on Me,’ and when I hit the high note, he just turned to me.” At this point, DiCaprio affects Luhrmann’s Australian accent, “ ‘Yes, D, I don’t know if this conversation should continue."

Leonardo DiCaprio about his interest playing Christian in Moulin Rouge!

(from Variety)

I would've loved to see that! LOL! smily%20new%20one.gif:laugh:

[Article about last night's Zigfield Wolf Q&A

Leonardo DiCaprio On His 'Amazing, Accidental Collaboration' With Martin Scorsese

Including "The Wolf of Wall Street," Leonardo DiCaprio has made five films with Martin Scorsese. Four of those collaborations received Best Picture nominations, while DiCaprio himself has scored two Best Actor nods.

"I always feel like a kid in this industry. I feel like I got my foot in the door, now I'm going to run with this opportunity and do everything I possibly can to make as many movies that I feel like aren't getting made," DiCaprio said during a panel discussion about his Scorsese films at New York's Ziegfeld Theater on Thursday night. "I try to develop roles that are a little outside the studio system. It's interesting because I've been doing this since I was 13. It's 26 years. I'm almost about to turn 40. I'm looking back at some of the stuff that I've gotten to do, and at the center of it is this amazing, accidental collaboration that I've gotten to have with Marty. It's hard for me to articulate or put into words everything I've learned from him."

DiCaprio didn't try, but he did discuss "The Wolf of Wall Street," the pair's latest film, an epic of sex, drugs and amoral behavior.

"It's a very rare film," DiCaprio, who is also nominated this year as a producer on "Wolf," told the enthusiastic audience of press members and everyday ticket buyers. "I really want more films like this to get made in today's world. It's a reflection back to the 1970s, to films that I was so informed by and so moved by -- those were because the director was able to put their vision up on screen without too much interference. This is one of the rare opportunities where you'll see a grand American epic where it's truly the director's vision. This is the director's cut. This is culmination of artists who got together and said this is the movie we want to do. Sometimes it's going to be disturbing. It's going to be a very dark look at the world around us. It's going to be hilarious. You may misinterpret it, but this is what we wanted to put onscreen. It's something you're not going to see much nowadays, but it's what I'm absolutely most proud of about making this movie."

With regard to the misinterpretations, "The Wolf of Wall Street" came under fire after its release on Christmas Day, with some viewers criticizing the film for glorifying the behavior and actions of DiCaprio's Belfort, a crooked stockbroker who bilked his clients out of millions. Scorsese's film doesn't focus on the victims, a point of contention for many who felt that the film was irresponsible in its depictions of white-collar crime.

"It's been an interesting process for me to be a part of a film that had an initial reaction that was controversial," DiCaprio said before citing other lightning-rod Scorsese films such as "Taxi Driver" and "The Last Temptation of Christ." "[scorsese] is the type of filmmaker who is not going to spoon feed the audience about how to think or what to feel. He's going to show these people in a very authentic way and that culminates in the way the film ends: some of these people don't get punished properly. He didn't show the victims: that's the magic of moviemaking and why he's such a brilliant filmmaker. He doesn't judge his characters. He says, 'Look, I'm going to put you the audience into the mindset of these people. Then let's create a dialogue from that.'"

DiCaprio and Scorsese have no other projects in current development, but don't be surprised if a sixth feature eventually happens. "Here you have Martin Scorsese at 70 years old, still this vital, still taking these kinds of chances," DiCaprio said about "The Wolf of Wall Street" and its director. "He's being vigilant about making a movie that's trying to push the envelope. It's amazing."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/14/leonardo-dicaprio-wolf-of-wall-street_n_4788813.html?utm_hp_ref=celebrity&ir=Celebrity&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

From Indie Wire another article about last night's Wolf Q&A

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/leonardo-dicaprio-talks-his-work-with-martin-scorsese-says-he-wants-more-movies-like-wolf-of-wall-street-more-20140214

A clip I haven't seen before, not sure when it was done, the suit looks like last night, but not sure :/

Leo does state he is bringing Irmelin to Oscars as she is so much of his being able to pursue a career as an actor

Also the heading on the vid says "Leo would love to win an Oscar for Wolf , but I never hear him he ever say anything about winning :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psiYYL5l1qk