Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Tweeter works for NY Times ; I wish I was attending this lunch later today :p

Charles M. Blow ‏@CharlesMBlow 3h

Going to a lunch discussion today featuring the director and some of the actors in the Great Gatsby. Saw a screening last week. Stylish...

Darlene

Welcome :wave:

Tks for all the Gatsby pix :flower:

EW Gatsby report

'The Great Gatsby' premiere: On the scene report

It seems only fitting that the New York City premiere for the The Great Gatsby — a movie set in a time of over-the-top indulgence — would be, well, grand.

From a seamlessly never-ending red carpet lined with a Tiffany pink backdrop (the jeweler was one of the sponsors of the opening) to the corrals of fans gathered around the Lincoln Center to applaud and squeal at every arrival, the red carpet felt more like a lead-in to a big awards show than it did a typical movie opening.

While Jay-Z whisked inside with a quick wave to fans, the film’s stars — including Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan, Topher Grace, Amitabh Bachchan – stopped to chat on the carpet. Here’s what they had to say:

Leonardo DiCaprio, on relating to his character, Jay Gatsby: “This novel took on a whole new meaning for me when I became an adult. I really connected and was fascinated by the loneliness and isolation of this man that is a part of this new America that is emerging as this superpower,” said DiCaprio, who we’re pretty sure we saw taking a selfie inside the theater. (See, he’s just like one of us!). “Here he is trying to connect with the blue-blood sort of aristocracy of East Egg and become a part of that world, but he’s somebody that came from nothing. He is holding on to this mirage, this greenlight, that is Daisy, and desperately trying to fill avoid what is within him, but he’s not in reality. The ship has sailed so to speak.

Carey Mulligan, who plays Daisy, on working with Leo:

“Leo made it so easy. I was really daunted. I’ve been a fan of his. I’ve looked up to him since I was a kid. It was a big deal,” said Mulligan. “He was so kind, warm and generous and sweet and really kind of involving. We talked about the scenes a lot, and we talked to [director Baz Luhrmann] a lot, and we just kind of focused on the work. We had a really good time playing [our parts].”

Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan, who plays Meyer Wolfsheim, on working in Hollywood for the first time.”

“[Lurhman] was on a private trip to India. I don’t know why he just wanted to meet me. Last year, he asked me if I would just do a small cameo in his film, and I said ‘Sure.’ This is more a friendly gesture than anything else,” said the actor, 70, who has nearly 200 film credits to his name. So, what was it like working on his first Hollywood movie? “Fantastic. Just working in that atmosphere, seeing the professionalism, the amount of research and the effort that has been made toward detailing. It’s superb,” said Bachchan, whose fans chanted his name and flagged posters that referred to him as “The Greatest Gatsby.”

Tobey Maguire, on portraying Nick Carraway:

“I think we’re pretty true to the book.” says Maguire. “In the book, Nick is observing a lot of the action but we did find a way to show the audience how the action affects Nick, and I think that was one of the keys to our strategy to making the film.”

Baz Luhrmann, on the first order of business before making the film: “Is to go to Leonardo DiCaprio and say, ‘Would you come on this road with me and Tobey Maguire?’ We were together way before we got the greenlight.”

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/05/02/the-great-gatsby-premiere/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Another vid interview with Leo , we get to see him sneaking a puff on his elec ciggi at beginning

This man sounds sexy even when he's sneaking a puff on his elec ciggi.... :woot: :woot: :woot:

Tks Oxford!! :flower:

Sweeties, I can see you've posted sooooo many things...articles,pics,tweets and vids!! Plenty of things to see at once!! And for sure I'll check them all!! :clap:

Tks a lot!! :flower:

Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan and others toast 'Great Gatsby'

The glitz and glamour of "The Great Gatsby" took over the Big Apple on Wednesday night.

After the star-studded premiere of Baz Luhrmann's upcoming film version of the F. Scott Fitzgerald classic, celebs flooded the Plaza Hotel for a beyond-swanky bash.

The flick's star, Leonardo DiCaprio, was the first to arrive at the Roaring Twenties-themed soiree, causing a major "stir" -- and rightfully so, looking dapper in a blue suit -- a partygoer told us.

"He captivated the attention and curiosity of the entire party and was the true star," the spy said.

DiCaprio stuck to his VIP table all night, but got up to greet pal Jay-Z -- who provided music for the soundtrack -- when the rapper arrived just after midnight with a "massive" entourage," the spy said. That entourage did not include Jay's wife, Beyoncé, who was overseas performing.

"Gatsby" stars Carey Mulligan, Isla Fisher and Tobey Maguire were also at the Moët & Chandon party, as were big names Jake Gyllenhaal, Florence Welch and Martha Stewart, who rocked "eye-popping" gold leggings after saying this week that she joined Match.com. http://www.amny.com/...atsby-1.5186309

Princess

Tks for after party article :)

Definitely agree Leo was the 'star' of the event

Like how Leo says in interview, that he likes to go watch his films with a regular audience versus premiere audience, as then you get a better feel for how regular people really feel about

Another premiere person who liked what they saw last night

❦ Irma Valverde ❦ Irma Valverde ‏@irmavalverdee 2h

24 hours ago I was watching the world premiere of The Great Gatsby in NYC #takemeback ��

Mark Manning Mark Manning ‏@manning_mark98 2h

@irmavalverdee was it good?

❦ Irma Valverde ❦ Irma Valverde ‏@irmavalverdee 2h

@manning_mark98 AMAZING!!

❦ Irma Valverde ‏@irmavalverdee 2h

@manning_mark98 I'm watching it again with my boyfriend, it was too amazing not to go and watch it again!:) ik you'll love it!

Comment by Baz Luhrmann last night at Gatsby afterparty from Wall Street Journal article

As DJ Cassidy played "Lady Marmalade," a hit from Mr. Luhrmann's film "Moulin Rouge," the director said he'd had an encounter with Fitzgerald's granddaughter earlier that day. "I can't tell you what she said, but what she said was everything to me. That was the moment."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323628004578459110537399702.html

Doing ‘Gatsby’ proud

Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire celebrated the premiere of “The Great Gatsby” in Gatsby-esque fashion at The Darby after the VIP screening at Lincoln Center and the after-party at the Plaza Hotel on Wednesday night. The pair hosted “Gatsby” director Baz Luhrmann, Jay-Z, Maguire’s wife, Jennifer Meyer, Carey Mulligan, Jamie Foxx, Amanda Seyfried, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anja Rubik, Coco Rocha, Lil Jon, Gayle King and Rohan Marley at the West 14th street restaurant. Guests were entertained by a 1920’s-inspired performance by Dandy Wellington and the Darby Band. “It was like New York’s version of the Globes with A-listers everywhere — at one table Leo, Tobey, Jen, Tom Hardy and Baz; another with Jay-Z, Florence Welch and Jake; and another with Jamie, Lil Jon, and Rohan,” said a guest at the uber-exclusive affair. Once Wellington’s performance ended, DJ Sal Morale spun tunes while Voli cocktails were served up. We’re told Welch got excited when her song “Over the Love,” which is featured on the “Gatsby” soundtrack, came on. “She jumped on a banquette and started dancing,” a witness relates. The party then moved to 1OAK, where spies told us Leo, Jay and Jake took over the VIP section of the club until 4 a.m.

http://www.nypost.co...89rcIsrtBHowF7M