Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Comments from woman from New Orleans who was hired to play the harp in the harp scene in Django.

It was amazing to learn how long she was 'paid' to be on set, as her scene probably doesn't last 5 minutes

Ashley

Kimberly- No, I haven’t really done any other TV/movie work. About a year before I did Django, I did do a harpist role in a small, low budget, independent film called Vipaka. I’m not even sure if it was ever released, or if I made it past the cutting room floor for that one.

The two experiences were vastly different. For one thing, Django had a big budget, and I was on set everyday (minus weekends) for six weeks. The days were long, on average 12-14 hours, and there was even one 17 hour day. It was really like my summer project. When I got the role they told me I would be on set for 2-3 days. I never dreamed it would go on for so long.

The good thing is it was a fun set to be on. The catering was absolutely amazing. Anything you could possibly want they had, and if they didn’t, they could get it for you. Everyone was laid back, and extremely nice. It was amazing to be part of a group that was so much fun, yet all fiercely dedicated to the project. Out of the principal actors, I probably talked the most to Christoph Waltz. He interacts in the scene with me, so he was standing next to the harp all day. He was awesome to work with. Super nice. He also asked nice questions about the harp and harp repertoire. :-)

I’m not sure if I’ll get the opportunity to do any TV/movie work again. Both movie parts I just kind of stumbled on randomly. When I answered the casting call for Django, I had no idea what I was getting into (fake blood, explosions, stunt harps). It was an amazing way to spend the summer. :-)

Another Box Office Tweet , appears Django won during day hours , but by nightfall Chainsaw had taken lead and was #1 for Friday

So far the other box office sites haven't posted any weekend predictions.

5mGlove_normal.jpgGitesh Pandya@giteshpandya

#TexasChainsaw3D surges to #1 FRI w/ $10.2M incl THU night shows, heading for low 20s wknd. Dull C+ CinemaScore.

From Hollywood Reporter

Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained" comes in No. 2, followed by "The Hobbit" and "Les Miserables."

In a surprise upset, Lionsgate's Texas Chainsaw 3D placed No. 1 at the Friday box office with a healthy debut of $10.2 million.

The R-rated film is now expected to win the weekend with a gross in the $20 million to $22 million range, marking a victory for Lionsgate.

Pre-release tracking had suggested that holdovers The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and Django Unchained would battle it out for No. 1, followed by Les Miserables

Picking up where Tobe Hooper's 1974 classic slasher film left off, Texas Chainsaw earned a C+ CinemaScore. Normally, a poor grade would spell trouble for a film's playability, but horror films often receive a C.

Django, from the Weinstein Co., came in No. 2 on Friday, grossing $6.2 million for a domestic total of $92.4 million. The Quentin Tarantino film is expected to earn in the $19.5 million range for the weekend.

Peter Jackson's The Hobbit and Tom Hooper's Le Mis were in a relatively close race Friday

Hobbit came in slightly ahead, grossing $5.2 million for a domestic total of $251.5 million. Overseas, the New Line and MGM tentpole has earned north of $500 million.

Universal's Les Mis placed No. 4 with $5 million for a domestic total of $92.5 million.

Family comedy Parental Guidance rounded out the top five, grossing $3.1 million for a domestic cume of $45.8 million.

Weekend projections from Box Office Mojo

Early weekend projections from Box Office:

Texas Chainsaw $22,500,000

Django Unchained $19,800,000 -34%

The Hobbit $17,500,000 -45%

Les Mis $ 16,300,000 -40%

Parental Guidance $10,300,000 -29%

Lincoln $5,400,000 -26%

Monsters, Inc. 3D $3,900,000 -40%

Silver Linings Playbook $3,600,000 -12%

http://www.boxoffice.com/statistics/bo_ ... 2013-01-05