Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Maxwell Mexico December 2012 - January 2013

post-42076-0-1446084823-87849_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446084824-23231_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446084824-48711_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446084824-80333_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446084825-2628_thumb.jpg

interview, translated by Google

The man who fights to save the world

Known as the best actor of his generation, also producer and environmentalist, Tag Huer joins to create a luxury watch that features his work for the environment.

How did your relationship with TAG Heuer?

I approached my TAG Heuer to incorporate environmental work on our relationship. Jean Christophe Babin was enthusiastic about the idea from the beginning. Then realized the importance of doing good, helping raise money for organizations that focus on environmental impact the world positively.

What drives your environmental activism?

've been interested in environmental issues since I can remember. As a kid I was enthralled with the nature documentaries that I see, specifically with IMAX films dealing the problems of tropical forests. Although I was very young, I remember being deeply affected by problems such as the depletion of the world's resources and the species to extinction.

In my adult life, my work and environmental activism are a priority. I created a foundation that focuses on increasing public awareness of important issues on our planet, our environment and the impact that people have about the world in which we live. (As cited)

When I'm not working, I am focused on a variety of environmental projects. Through this work, I developed a knowledge and understanding far deeper in our relationship with the world. Not only is it a learning experience very satisfying and rewarding, it also led me to some of the most interesting and beautiful places in the world.

How can we live a more sustainable life, what we do every day?

The most important thing you can do to live more sustainably is to be conscious of the world we live in and integrate this awareness into everyday life. The reason this is important is simple: If you are knowledgeable about the issues that affect our environment, will have a greater appreciation for the world and be more aware of how we use it.

On a daily basis, I think one of the most important acts a person can do to directly affect the environmental community is buying local.We live in a very complex world in which we want to get everything at once, even if it means transporting food around the world in shipping boxes and planes. Eat local, buy local or grow in our own gardens, has the ability to directly impact and benefit our planet every day.

His relationship with TAG Heuer, does that mean I have visited their manufacturing facilities in Switzerland?

There is something fascinating about ancient watch and have had the opportunity to travel to Switzerland to see first hand the process was a great experience. Installation is a very modern and yet timeless feel, as a science lab with small parts and men behind microscopes. I loved my stay there. I've always been a fan of watches, and more, after this visit. See how a Swiss watch is made ​​with intricate and delicate pieces, is like watching a giant puzzle builds. I've always collected watches and appreciated their craftsmanship, but never seen up close experience needed to assemble them. This made ​​me even more interested in the art of watchmaking.

Have nearly 40 years, is still preserved some ambition or are you satisfied with what you have accomplished?

40? Already? I think that age has not entered my consciousness. I think it's always important to look back at the decisions we make and to revisit what we want in life. It was a mad rush. He came from a lower middle class, and for me to be an actor seemed an impossible dream. Once I got my first opportunity to work on a film, started this race to fulfill that dream. As an actor, I do my best to tell a great story in a truly artistic, but at the end of the day, you never know how they will answer the critics and the public. It is always a kind of eternal mystery make movies, and that is great fun, the challenge and excitement of doing what I do. My goal is to continue doing a great job ... I have not stopped yet and I hope that the work never stops. While you're here, I'll always have that drive, not only to produce a great job, but to make a difference in the world.

BTS_Leonardo_DI_Caprio_2012_2_a.jpg BTS_Leonardo_DI_Caprio_2012_a.jpg BTS_Leonardo_DI_Caprio_2012_CAR2012.FC6236_a.jpg BTS_Leonardo_DI_Caprio_2012_CAR2014.FC6235_a.jpg BTS_Leonardo_DI_Caprio_2012_WAU2212.BA0859_a.jpg Leonardo_Di_Caprio_2012_2_CAR2012.FC6239_CMYK_a.jpg Leonardo_Di_Caprio_2012_CAR2012.FC6239_CMYK_a.jpg Leonardo_DiCaprio_2012_2_CAR2140.FC8145_CMYK_a.jpg Leonardo_DiCaprio_2012_CAR2140.FC8145_CMYK_a.jpg Leonardo_DiCaprio_2012_WAF_2112.BA0806_CMYK_a.jpg Leonardo_DiCaprio_2012_WAN2111.BA0822_CMYK_a.jpg leonardo-dicaprio-slide-vertical.jpg leonardo-dicaprio-slide.jpg

First thing Sick, thanks for all your little magazine gems, its always nice to look at those :wub:

Ox thanks for all the django articles, snippets etc!

Wijn: Thanks for the Sacha django news..I'm sure the scene would have been hilarious, but with the movie running on 3 hours, maybe it was best :idk:

And if I missed something, thank everybody for contributing :heart:

Latest Facebook message from Wolf cast member last night :

He was the one who stated they had 6 to 7 days to wrap.

He says they are filming on Saturday, so if they filmed 3 days this week, and film this weekend, they might wrap by Monday/Tuesday next week !

Being paid for a full day tomorrow but NO WORK. amd now working Saturday too.. yay for free money haha

Latest Facebook message from Wolf cast member last night :

He was the one who stated they had 6 to 7 days to wrap.

He says they are filming on Saturday, so if they filmed 3 days this week, and film this weekend, they might wrap by Monday/Tuesday next week !

Being paid for a full day tomorrow but NO WORK. amd now working Saturday too.. yay for free money haha

I think the comment below from review describes Leo's Calvin Candie so well

Nearly stealing the show though is DiCaprio who chews threw the scenery like a dog with a new bone. His Calvin Candie is delightfully evil – completely reprehensible but so charismatic you can’t help but be pulled into his world.

Thank you girls for the news.

I find this on twitter, I'm a little bit off news but, apparently this pic was taken in Sydney here's the tweet :

Me and DJ L Dizzle aka Leonardo Di Caprio playing hiphop on the yacht in Sydney!

Thanks to my Oscar blogger friend for the reminder, Leo receives his National Board Review award for Best Supporting actor on Tuesday Jan 8th at the award dinner !!

I had completely forgotten we had a new Leo photos happening very soon.

Also, he reminded me that the BAFTA nods will be announced on Wednesday Jan 9th followed by Oscar nods the next day

Great pictorial of Leo's changing hairstyle through the years from Glamour UK

They even use the comment that was used recently here : If he is aging it it is like fine wine :p

http://www.glamourma...!image-number=1