Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

I just didnt like this comment below...what does this have to do with the proposal?Why they always need to mention that Leo is not "the dreamy young boy from Titanic anymore"? :mellow: Do they know that people get older over time? It really pi**** me off (sorry girls)...I think that people are not only beautiful in their youth, maturity also gives us wonders.

After all, Leo is not the dreamy young string bean he was in Titanic, and Tobey hasn't painted himself into a skintight hero suit in five years. Both are 37, not exactly peers to the group they're trying to influence.

Tks for the article Kat! :flower:

tumblr_mba27iwjxV1qg5hdfo3_250.gif

Sick and Amandine,tks for pics... :wub2:

Princess,tks for tweets! :flower:

Oxford...I haven't heard anymore from Barbie...unfortunately. The last time she spoke to me it was when I came up here with the news about her.

So, not sure about this 'cause the campus they are mentioning is the USC (University of Southern California, Los ANgeles)...

Janet Edbrooke@jmedbrooke

Oh hey Leonardo DiCaprio, fancy seeing you at school today... #USC #notreallife

Olivia Marie Alva@oliviaalva

@jmedbrooke Ahhh where did you see him?

Janet Edbrooke@jmedbrooke

@oliviaalva near the cinema school!

Kat

Thanks for set pix of Leo & article about PSA :)

Nanda

Tks for latest Wolf casting news; I wondered who would play Jordan's mom :)

Tks, also, for our new set pix; Leo is the one in the suit/white dress shirt /turned to side , we just see his side profile

Also, I see we have the world of conflicting tweets ; some had him at UCLA today , and, yet there he is on set in NY :idk:

Sic

Tks for news of Animal Action Week , as well as, pix :)

Amandine

I love that series of pix, tks :)

Pami

Love your Wolf gif :)

Tks for reply about Barbie ; miss her .

Thanks girls :hug:

How Leonardo DiCaprio inspired Henrik Fisker to build plug-in hybrid cars

BBC's TopGear recently had an exclusive interview with Leonardo DiCaprio to find out about his commitment to sustainability and his investment in Fisker Automotive. The most surprising thing is that Leo was in part responsible for Fisker getting started in the first place.

TopGear started out by digging into Leo's early car experiences. His first car was a Sixties Ford Mustang fitted with the classic Windsor 351 (5.8-litre) engine that could smoke anyone on the road. The problem was it didn't have power steering and an engine that would just shut off. After being invited to the White House in the late 1990s by then-vice president Al Gore, who gave him an environmental 101 talk, DiCaprio embraced environmental issues. It was a defining moment, and it inspired him and his family to start the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation in 1998, which "supports efforts to secure a sustainable future for our planet and all of its inhabitants."

His green credentials were recognized by the broader public until years later, when he showed up driving hisToyota Prius to the Academy Awards. "I'm photographed constantly by paparazzi when I leave my home so it was just a responsible thing to do as an environmentalist," DiCaprio said.

Here's the twist. Fisker Automotive co-founder Henrik Fisker says that it was that moment – watching Leo and the Prius at the Oscars – that inspired him to start up his company. "I saw you getting out of the Prius, and I thought there's got to be a market for an environmentally friendly car which goes beyond the Prius. That was my first inspiration," Fisker said.

DiCaprio's reasons for liking the Fisker plug-in hybrid might resonate with a few average American car shoppers and movie goers out there. "I started trying hybrids, which were fantastic. But you can say that there are lots of vehicles out there that get equal or better mileage. Then I bought two electric vehicles, which I found I never wanted to drive. I was afraid of being stranded on the Pacific Coast Highway and standing at a restaurant for six hours while my vehicle's plugged in."

He also liked the look and feel of the Fisker Karma sports car. He hopes to make a financial return on investment and to raise awareness of his Foundation. Beyond that, he hopes to see Fisker make cars lower in cost, which is coming out soon with the Fisker Atlantic, because "you want everyone to be able to drive a vehicle like this," he said, not just movie stars.