Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

I have a theory and wonder what you all think. In some of the newer pics/vids of Leo, it kinda looks like his hair might be shaved on the sides again.  The recently posted Malibu pics could be from this past Summer, or from the past week. Either way, his hair looks like KOTFM. They recently announced who was playing the Burkhart children. Soooo, I’m wondering if they have been, or are getting ready to film the scenes they had planned to film in NYC and/or are doing some reshoots.

11 minutes ago, Sugarwater said:

I have a theory and wonder what you all think. In some of the newer pics/vids of Leo, it kinda looks like his hair might be shaved on the sides again.  The recently posted Malibu pics could be from this past Summer, or from the past week. Either way, his hair looks like KOTFM. They recently announced who was playing the Burkhart children. Soooo, I’m wondering if they have been, or are getting ready to film the scenes they had planned to film in NYC and/or are doing some reshoots.

Hum, it seems a good theory tbh, it makes sense. Let's see. 

Reshoots...hmm... 

Truth be told @Sugarwater I've been most wary of Leo's candid/leisure whereabouts. I mean something's off, right? A quick confess, I often check the weather ☀️ to gauge the correlation between attire and atmosphere. And as it would be there are typically very few to none. The high for that area during the said time of photographic capture was 11 to 13 degrees Celsius. Chilly for such a temperature-sensitive boy 👱 to conclude the day's apparel: t-shirt 👕 and swim trunks. 

Don’t Look Up narrowly misses becoming Netflix’s all-time-best film debut

Don’t Look Up is Netflix’s second most popular film debut to date, coming in around 4 million viewing hours short of Netflix’s crown jewel Red Notice.

The new film racked up nearly 360 million hours of viewing during its first 28 days on the service, per Netflix’s Top 10 portal for tracking its most successful titles. Red Notice, meanwhile, tallied 364 million hours during its first four weeks on Netflix, while Bird Box holds third place with 282 million hours viewed.

While it narrowly missed its opportunity to overthrow Netflix’s biggest film success to date — it looked like it still had a chance last week — Don’t Look Up is still a monumental win for the streamer. It’s the second major film release in a matter of months to topple previously held records for hours viewed. Prior to Red Notice coming out in November, the top record had been held for years by Bird Box, which debuted back in 2018.

Some of that viewing boost can be attributed to Netflix’s massive subscriber base now versus when Bird Box premiered (the number has grown substantially in that time to well over 200 million paid accounts). But the back-to-back hits, taken together with the success of wildly popular titles like Squid Game, The Witcher (season 2), and You (season 3) — all of which hold spots on Netflix’s top 10 leaderboards — indicate Netflix knows exactly what it’s doing.

Adam McKay’s Don’t Look Up, which debuted on Netflix on December 24th, satirizes the politicization of the climate crisis and centers on a fictional comet hurtling through space on a direct path to Earth. Two scientists, played by Jennifer Lawrence and Leonardo DiCaprio, alert the US government — a clown town operation being helmed by a ridiculous president and her son, played by Meryl Streep and Jonah Hill — about the urgency of an event that could result in mass extinction but are repeatedly disregarded.

Speaking with The Atlantic about tackling the topic, McKay emphasized wanting to use comedy to address such an urgently important issue. “The most exciting idea for me was, it’s funny,” he told the publication. “You realize we’re living in a culture that’s more like a time-share sales pitch than a real system of communication. [As a Hollywood director] I’m right in the middle of it, and part of this movie is generated from me laughing at myself as much as anything.”

But the film was a near-guaranteed hit from the jump. It was written by a brilliant comedic director, stars a stacked group of A-list actors, premiered over the holiday break, and manages to punctuate a catastrophic event with absurdist humor and exceptional improvisation. In other words, as Lawrence noted in an interview about reading the script, it was an “absolute slam-dunk” before it even began filming. While Don’t Look Up enjoyed a marginally better critical response (55 percent versus Red Notice’s 37 percent Tomatometer scores), Red Notice performed much better with audiences and had a 92 percent Rotten Tomatoes audience score as of this writing.

Even still, releasing two record-breaking original films, Red Notice and Don’t Look Up, in less than two months’ time is a massive success for the streamer. One or two hits could be a fluke, sure. But hit premiere after hit premiere is more indicative of a successful content strategy rather than merely throwing spaghetti against the wall to see if it sticks.

Source

1 hour ago, LuckyGirl said:

😍😍😍

Damn, he looks HOT!  🔥😍  And he's clean shaven, so those pics must be new and maybe sugarwater is right and reshoots will happen after all, because idk if Leo would be clean shaven by his own choice. 

1 hour ago, Jade Bahr said:

Don’t Look Up narrowly misses becoming Netflix’s all-time-best film debut

Don’t Look Up is Netflix’s second most popular film debut to date, coming in around 4 million viewing hours short of Netflix’s crown jewel Red Notice.

The new film racked up nearly 360 million hours of viewing during its first 28 days on the service, per Netflix’s Top 10 portal for tracking its most successful titles. Red Notice, meanwhile, tallied 364 million hours during its first four weeks on Netflix, while Bird Box holds third place with 282 million hours viewed.

While it narrowly missed its opportunity to overthrow Netflix’s biggest film success to date — it looked like it still had a chance last week — Don’t Look Up is still a monumental win for the streamer. It’s the second major film release in a matter of months to topple previously held records for hours viewed. Prior to Red Notice coming out in November, the top record had been held for years by Bird Box, which debuted back in 2018.

Some of that viewing boost can be attributed to Netflix’s massive subscriber base now versus when Bird Box premiered (the number has grown substantially in that time to well over 200 million paid accounts). But the back-to-back hits, taken together with the success of wildly popular titles like Squid Game, The Witcher (season 2), and You (season 3) — all of which hold spots on Netflix’s top 10 leaderboards — indicate Netflix knows exactly what it’s doing.

Adam McKay’s Don’t Look Up, which debuted on Netflix on December 24th, satirizes the politicization of the climate crisis and centers on a fictional comet hurtling through space on a direct path to Earth. Two scientists, played by Jennifer Lawrence and Leonardo DiCaprio, alert the US government — a clown town operation being helmed by a ridiculous president and her son, played by Meryl Streep and Jonah Hill — about the urgency of an event that could result in mass extinction but are repeatedly disregarded.

Speaking with The Atlantic about tackling the topic, McKay emphasized wanting to use comedy to address such an urgently important issue. “The most exciting idea for me was, it’s funny,” he told the publication. “You realize we’re living in a culture that’s more like a time-share sales pitch than a real system of communication. [As a Hollywood director] I’m right in the middle of it, and part of this movie is generated from me laughing at myself as much as anything.”

But the film was a near-guaranteed hit from the jump. It was written by a brilliant comedic director, stars a stacked group of A-list actors, premiered over the holiday break, and manages to punctuate a catastrophic event with absurdist humor and exceptional improvisation. In other words, as Lawrence noted in an interview about reading the script, it was an “absolute slam-dunk” before it even began filming. While Don’t Look Up enjoyed a marginally better critical response (55 percent versus Red Notice’s 37 percent Tomatometer scores), Red Notice performed much better with audiences and had a 92 percent Rotten Tomatoes audience score as of this writing.

Even still, releasing two record-breaking original films, Red Notice and Don’t Look Up, in less than two months’ time is a massive success for the streamer. One or two hits could be a fluke, sure. But hit premiere after hit premiere is more indicative of a successful content strategy rather than merely throwing spaghetti against the wall to see if it sticks.

Source

Hum... I was hoping DLU would beat that dumb movie, but it was close, anyway I'am glad it was a sucess for Netflix and I loved the movie. 

It seems Leo's hair is darker, idk if it's just the light... now I wonder if instead of doing reshoots for KOTFM but he's about to start filming the Jim Jones movie? But nothing was confirmed yet, so I'am just speculating here of course, the reshoots seem more likely to be the case  OR I'am reading too much into it and he simply decided to shave his beard, lol.  :p

Thanks LuckyGirl for the great interview. He's looking sooo handsome. and the hair is indeed darker so I guess he will start shooting soon? On IMDB it says the Black Hand is in pre production. Maybe that's his next role. His Character's name would be Joe Petrosino :). Or it is for the Jim Jones project.

31 minutes ago, BarbieErin said:

It seems Leo's hair is darker, idk if it's just the light... now I wonder if instead of doing reshoots for KOTFM but he's about to start filming the Jim Jones movie? But nothing was confirmed yet, so I'am just speculating here of course, the reshoots seem more likely to be the case  OR I'am reading too much into it and he simply decided to shave his beard, lol.  :p

This is why I think they might have already done the KOTFM scenes they had been planning to film in NYC. They may have happened sometime this past month.

31 minutes ago, YouNoMe said:

I don't see why he wouldn't do the project. Leo did executively produce an anniversary doc of the tragedy back in 2018. Leo as the Sinister Minister, I gotta see! I'd guess they'd add the sideburns? 

Screenshot_20220130-080632~2.png

I mean, I do think he will do it I just don't know when because no more news surfaced, like who's going to direct and other cast members. 

Thanks to ALL for latest new Leo news / vids :flower:  :flower: :flower:  

Re: new DLU interview  

First , Sugarwater,  your observation about Leo’s hair being shaved on side in supposed 1/27 pix is something Barbie mentioned , as well, when we first discussed pix on Thursday 

And I’m glad you two noticed it as I hadn’t :p 

But to me is hair in those beach pix looked much lighter than in this new video interview, so , at least to me, it doesn’t make sense that on Thursday it is light and now suddenly dark unless the darker look is due to lighting in interview  ???

While at same time I do agree his hair is shorter than in his New Year trip pix & but in that earlier DLU Zoom interview he appeared to be clean shaven and his hair seemed shorter / tighter = at least to me 

See pix below 

As to Jim Jones speculation there hasn’t even been news at Variety , HR , or Deadline yet about any director attached to project , so I , personally, doubt it will start filming soon 

And back to his hair , even on the sides from what I can see in vid,  he seems to have sideburns & not that shaved no sideburn look for KOTFM :idk: 

Bottom line = I am still clueless about how recent the 1/27 Malibu pix or this video is, but I echo the sentiments that he looks good in this recently posted online  interview :p 

Older group Zoom pix 

05BA1134-519A-413C-8406-E5B9301C8670.jpeg

Lucky Girl interview 

2C417304-B967-4729-B000-8D60FD19133D.jpeg

So my speculation is this video interview was done same time as Zoom

And  the shaved side look he had makes the 1/27 beach pix either old , or they are doing KOTFM reshoots 

Edited by oxford25

@BarbieErin I feel ya! We can safely conclude he would because of previously confirmed interest. But as mentioned by you, @akatosh, and @oxford25 no new news 📰 established. I'm still iffy about those photographs though. I live in California too. I can be nearish to Malibu depending on the route I take. Our warmest day was Monday the 24th, and only in the afternoon. For the peak to be in the fifties and the sun ☀ west of them, signaling sunset which theorises even cooler weather is totally suspect. Yes, I realise my English is incorrect. It looks like the pictures were taken between 2 and 4 pm factoring in the time change and its effect on the atmosphere. I just can't digest him frolicking carelessly on the beach 🏖 in a Hanes T and Target swim trunks in that weather. But I'm willing to be wrong. 

Perhaps he's pre-preparing Jones. I mean I hope. Anyway, anybody seen this?

1 hour ago, oxford25 said:

Thanks to ALL for latest new Leo news / vids :flower:  :flower: :flower:  

Re: new DLU interview  

First , Sugarwater,  your observation about Leo’s hair being shaved on side in supposed 1/27 pix is something Barbie mentioned , as well, when we first discussed pix on Thursday 

And I’m glad you two noticed it as I hadn’t :p 

But to me is hair in those beach pix looked much lighter than in this new video interview, so , at least to me, it doesn’t make sense that on Thursday it is light and now suddenly dark unless the darker look is due to lighting in interview  ???

While at same time I do agree his hair is shorter than in his New Year trip pix & but in that earlier DLU Zoom interview he appeared to be clean shaven and his hair seemed shorter / tighter = at least to me 

See pix below 

As to Jim Jones speculation there hasn’t even been news at Variety , HR , or Deadline yet about any director attached to project , so I , personally, doubt it will start filming soon 

And back to his hair , even on the sides from what I can see in vid,  he seems to have sideburns & not that shaved no sideburn look for KOTFM :idk: 

Bottom line = I am still clueless about how recent the 1/27 Malibu pix or this video is, but I echo the sentiments that he looks good in this recently posted online  interview :p 

Older group Zoom pix 

05BA1134-519A-413C-8406-E5B9301C8670.jpeg

Lucky Girl interview 

2C417304-B967-4729-B000-8D60FD19133D.jpeg

I gotta say that the way he looked during DLU  interviews and how he was in general (mood wise) is the best I’ve seen him since his WOWS interviews, anything after 2014 I think wasn’t his best and he seemed very reserved more than usual but during DLU he was very loose and relaxed I really loved and enjoyed seeing him like that I feel like he liked the company of this cast. 

and yeah I think that the 27th.Jan pix were older due to the way he looked. I’ve noticed that he slimmed down ever since I’ve seen his DLU interview just by looking at his face and even in general 

and the zoom interview with the cast of DLU  and the one we saw today his face looks thinner than in the summer so what I’m trying to say is that the pix of 27th jan are older because he looks chubbier