Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Everbody go watch DLU again several times to make it number 1 😁

Yeah his chances for a oscar nomination will increase if he's nominated for a SAG. I surely hope he will. He and Denzel Washington both lead with most best actor SAG nominations (5).

Liljak

Most award watchers felt Ben, Andrew, Will, Denzel were locks with either Leo or Peter Dinklage taking the 5th spot, but Javier snuck in :idk: 

And I do want to mention that there are 160,000 members of SAG , but each year a supposedly random group of 2,500 vote for the nominations,  so if your performance /film wasn't popular with those 2,500 you don't get a nod 

The nods don't reflect a vote for the entire 160,000 membership  

However on a DIFFERENT note,  Leo, Jen, Cate Meryl,  Mark Rylance , Adam McKay, the film ,the screenplay all made the BAFTA long list  = the short list/or final nominations will be announced FEB 3RD :clap: 

https://deadline.com/2022/01/bafta-unveils-longlists-for-2022-film-awards-see-them-in-full-1234908921/

Well it's not very likely but there's still a little bit of hope the academy will nominate him. I want to see him live at oscar night ao badly 🙏🤗. We didn't get enough interviews and press events for DLU because of the pandemic. The next events will probably be for KOTFM at the end of the year, so another event with Leo in a nice tux would have been nice.

What ‘Don’t Look Up’ and ‘House of Gucci’s’ Robust BAFTA Hauls Say About the Oscar Race

3-Split-Layout-2-9.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=

With SAG Awards nominations and now the BAFTA longlist, two critical groups that overlap with Oscar membership have weighed in on the awards season. First, not to be confused with actual nominations, the BAFTA Awards released its longlists across 24 categories, each having varying numbers and methods to determining them, depending on the voting chapter. Proving once again that critics and journalists don’t have the last word, despite its divided reception, Netflix’s “Don’t Look Up,” alongside the acclaimed musical “West Side Story” from 20th Century Studios, co-led the field of possible nominations still in play with 15 each.

“Don’t Look Up” by Adam McKay landed among the best film, director, and original screenplay races. In addition, many of its sprawling ensemble — Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Cate Blanchett, Meryl Streep and Mark Rylance — made the top 15 in their respective categories. With film critics divided and vocal about the movie’s themes, which McKay and his co-writer David Sirota began to respond to on social media, this shines a light again on the differing opinions between critics and actual major awards voters. We don’t know how many noms for McKay’s film it will translate into, but this shows that passionate responses to movies can create waves of support, whether good or bad. You can point to films like “Green Book” (2018) as an example.

The film, which also became No. 1 on Netflix after its release, was recognized by the SAG Awards for its ensemble. The actors’ branch is the largest of the Academy, and that group can have a substantial impact when they coalesce around a movie.

(...)

Round two voting, to determine the nominations in the member-voted categories, will open between Jan. 14-27. Nominations will be announced on Feb. 3. This will be followed by round three voting to determine the winners, which will open between Feb. 9 and Mar. 8.

Full article

Great pic of Leo

thumbnail_IMG_1641 (2).jpg

Nice words from Isla Fisher about Leo

For Isla Fisher, Leonardo DiCaprio's sexiest trait revolves around his respect for her family. The two co-starred in the 2013 Baz Luhrmann film The Great Gatsby, and when Fisher appeared on Thursday's Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen a fan asked the 45-year-old actress what was the "hottest thing" about working with DiCaprio, 47.

"It was the press tour a year later, and he remembered all my kids' names and was such a generous person," the mother of three shared. "He's just such a funny, great guy."

Barbie

Tks for vid, agree very cute :p 

Kelly Stafford , wife of Rams' quarterback talks about a fun encounter with Leo and Nina years ago in Bahamas that involved a lucky lady getting her ear licked by Leo 

The article includes the video where she talks about the encounter

https://nypost.com/2022/01/14/matthew-staffords-wife-kelly-on-leonardo-dicaprio-encounter/

Kelly Stafford’s vacation tale from the vault will likely give you a serious case of FOMO.

During Tuesday’s episode of her podcast, “The Morning After with Kelly Stafford,” the wife of Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford recalled a past couple’s trip with Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan and his wife, Sara, where they crossed paths with Leonardo DiCaprio.

We are in the Bahamas, at this place called Baker’s Bay, the Ryans and us, and again, they’re good friends of ours, we love them to death,” Kelly began.

“We go to the owner of this place’s house, cause he’s having a dinner, he’s hiring this new chef. We sit down and there’s four seats next to us that are completely empty. And we’re like, ‘Okay, we got sat at the loser’s table, it’s just us four, whatever,'” she continued.

Later into the night, Leonardo DiCaprio joined the dinner, along with Nina Agdal and two others.

“So they walk in, and we’re immediately kicking each other under the table,” Kelly said. “Anyways, we get to know them and they’re like, ‘Hey, let’s play volleyball tomorrow,’ and we’re like, ‘Okay, yeah, we’ll play you in volleyball, why not?'”

Kelly said they shrugged it off, thinking DiCaprio and his group were joking around about a match, but were in for a surprise when they arrived at the beach the next day.

“So the guys go to play golf and Sara and I head to the beach and lo and behold, there is Leo and Nina and all of them warming up on the sand volleyball court, and we’re like, ‘Oh s—t,'” she said.

Kelly and Sara then texted their husbands, who ditched golf for the volleyball game of a lifetime.

“We play this volleyball, a ‘Meet the Fockers’ moment happens, where Matthew spikes it and it ricochets off — some of the workers played with us, too — ricochets off the worker’s hands, on the other team, right into Nina Agdal’s face,” Kelly said. “That happens and we’re all like, ‘Oh, s—t.'”

Kelly said that Agdal, who was linked to DiCaprio in 2016, brushed it off and continued. And while DiCaprio’s team didn’t walk away with an upset victory, the Oscar winner, 47, was ready for another challenge: ultimate frisbee.

I was like, ‘Why in the world does this guy keep challenging us to sports?'” Kelly recounted.

Following an afternoon of athletics, the group later recouped with some drinking games, including Picolo, which is available as an app.

“So as the game goes along, the challenges get, I would say, a little dirtier,” Kelly said. “So we’re getting to this point, and we are all hammered, Leo gets the phone and it says, ‘Leo, lick Sara’s ear four times or drink six sips.'”

Kelly was under the impression DiCaprio would take the six sips, but the “Don’t Look Up” star surprised her.

“He gets up quickly, and slowly walks over to Sara, and I’m looking at Sara like, ‘Holy s—t,'” she said. “He like squats slowly and just goes after Sara’s ear… Licks her ear, I don’t know, about four seconds, gets up, sits back down, and I swear Sara didn’t move.”

Then Kelly shared a clip of the story Wednesday on Instagram, Sara responded, “Most incredible moment of my life, childbirth included!