Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

In the pix below is that some type of Indian talisman that Leo has hanging near last button on his jacket ?

Or is a decoration on some type of special belt he is wearing ?

I wondered if it was something given to him by one of his fellow cast members

569085674c223_ellen(2)_jpg_40ab2fb89d94118c799b9f8f3aa69b2c.jpg

ellen_JPG_a5bd875d33803a17e3abe033b5db4626.jpg

Thanks for all the awesome goodies ladies! I absolutely loved his interview with Ellen. He was adorable and so funny! :p I was planning on seeing the movie today but, its already sold out at my theater!!!!!! I'm going tomorrow at noon. I can't wait!!

Some excerpts from Forbles  analysis of Friday's box office and comments about Leo's 'star power' from Forbes

But the real story of the weekend isn’t which film tops which, but rather the incredible opening weekend performance of The Revenant. Lest anyone doubt my somewhat tongue-in-cheek post from last month about how we must never let Leonardo DiCaprio win an Oscar lest he stop making the kind of films that merit Oscar consideration, well um, here you go. The Revenant, a dark, long, grueling and hyper-violent period piece survival story is going to open with around $38 million this weekend (better than the $37m debut of Lone Survivor on this weekend in 2014), and it’s almost entirely on the strength of DiCaprio’s star power.

All due respect to Tom Hardy and The Force Awakens co-star Domhnall Gleeson, this is Leo’s triumph. And opening a movie like this, a non-sequel, explicitly adult-centric drama not based on any pop culture property, is a testament to his strength as an honest-to-goodness movie star

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/01/09/box-office-leonardo-dicaprios-the-revenant-tops-star-wars-with-boffo-14-4m-friday/

PHEW BZ is back up I was getting worried there for a minute it wouldn't be up back in time for the Golden Globes tonight :D 

Some new pics from last night:

Leonardo DiCaprio hits the stage to speak to the crowed at the 2016 Help Haiti Home Gala to benefit to J/P Haitian Relief Organization on Saturday night (January 9) at the Montage Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif.

Revenant didn't quite beat Star Wars but came really close, and was still very successful. Power of Leo :D

Box Office: Leonardo DiCaprio's 'The Revenant' Can't Top 'Star Wars,' Settles For Huge $38M Weekend

While The Revenant wasn’t quite able to top the weekend box office, it did have the arbitrary honor of being the first film to top Walt Disney’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens for even a single day, as the Leonardo DiCaprio film was the biggest-grossing film this past Friday. Nonetheless, say what you will about a movie on its first day topping a movie on its 22nd day, the honor of displacing Star Wars for an entire weekend will have to go to Ride Alone 2. The Revenant will have to settle for being The Book of Eli or The Man with the Iron Mask, while Ride Along 2 gets to be Lost in Space/Dear John. I’m sure Revenant co-star Domhall Gleeson is all busted up about that one, let me tell you.

Regardless of which movie topped the weekend box office this weekend, the scorching estimated $38 million debut of The Revenant is an enormous triumph for all parties. That’s Leonardo DiCaprio’s fourth-biggest opening weekend ever, behind Shutter Island ($42m), The Great Gatsby ($51m), and Inception ($62m). With $39.5m total (after $1.55m earned from two weeks of four-theater play starting on Christmas) is just a day or two away from topping the entire $42m domestic total of Alejandro González Iñárritu’s Birdman. And when it hits $105.1m domestic, which I am willing to guess that it will relatively quickly, the film will have out-grossed all of Iñárritu’s films up to this point combined at the domestic box office.

20th Century Fox (which distributes but did not produce the picture) doesn’t just have a major Oscar contender this weekend; it has a genuine commercial success on its hands.Now for the record, the film cost New Regency $135 million to produce, so even a vaguely leggy performance will leave the picture in need of a strong overseas run. As for domestic, Lone Survivor, which didn’t turn into a serious Oscar contender (it got a couple of technical nods), opened with $37m on this weekend in 2014 and went on to earn $125m domestic. That seems about right for this one as well, with the caveat that its legs should be even longer thanks to the whole “Leonardo DiCaprio finally wins that Oscar!” narrative, a narrative that is all-but-assured after this boffo debut.

If it plays closer to Gran Torino (which opened wide on this weekend with $29 million back in 2009 and ended up with $149m domestic), it’ll get to $191m domestic and will be the actor’s third-biggest domestic winner behind Inception and Titanic. Or it could just fall somewhere between the $116m total ofWolf of Wall Street and the $164m total of Catch Me If You Can back in 2002. We’ll know when we know.  Regarding foreign box office might, Fox has shown itself to be “magic” with overseas box office time and time again, even with smaller films like The Counselor. And while it’s not an apples-to-apples comparison, the filmmaker’s Oscar-nominated Babel (starring Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett) earned a whopping 74% of its $135m worldwide gross overseas. 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/01/10/box-office-leonardo-dicaprios-the-revenant-cant-top-star-wars-settles-for-huge-38m-weekend/