Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

"I think we've found new sides to Leo. He gives a very different performance than he's ever given before. I have a tremendous amount of respect for his talent. He's very, very talented and has some amazing moments. I like people who are serious about their work. I would love to work with him again."

Wow, this is amazing. Thanks alot dr brown :flower:.

I expect him to work with Tarantino again. I want him to work with David Fincher and Paul Thomas Anderson too... they're awesome.

You have a great collection of covers, Sick. Tks for posting.

Thanks girls for all the tweets and news :flower:.

Leo spotted at a party...

Saturday night, Leonardo DiCaprio and Lindsay Lohan held court at opposite ends of the Top of the Standard. Spies said Lohan was dressed up in a large floppy hat, red wig and glasses, while Leo wore a mask, but still hid under his trademark baseball cap.

But Leo certainly did have one partygoer fooled, who was overheard saying, “Wow that guy looks just like Leo — what a great costume!”

:nicole:

Francis

Tks for link to pix of Django cast members ; some of cast members like Walter Goggins that we haven't seen before :)

Margaritka

Love the through the years 'kissing the hand' tumblr ! :)

ByPrincess

Tks for Wolf tweet, with the problems with New York subways combined with unpassable roads, they may be lucky to get Wolf filming resumed by next week.

DrBrown

Tks for great words about Leo from Tarantino : )

Nanda

Tks for Leo /Halloween party sighting :)

Sic

Tks for mentions of Leo from various entertainers :)

Judging by what this article is saying , it seems Leo and others will be starting their Django /press/pr junkets in mid November and film critics will be seeing it soon :)

Critics Groups Will See 'Django Unchained' Well Before Mid-December Press Junket

Now that three trailers and a slew of character posters have accumulated, anticipation for Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained"

is at a high. The press is chomping at the bit for the film's official junket days, announced by the Weinstein Company as December 15 and 16.

The New York Film Critics Circle recently set its voting date back to its usual time frame, December 3, but Weinstein reps assure us that despite the mid-month junket dates for "Django," the NYFCC, LAFCA, HPFA, National Board of Review et al will see the film in time for their voting deadlines. That's what DCPs are for!

The most recent trailer for "Django Unchained," which stars Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kerry Washington, Christoph Waltz and Samuel L. Jackson, is here. The film releases wide on December 25.

http://blogs.indiewi...-december-15-16

Judging by what this article is saying , it seems Leo and others will be starting their Django /press/pr junkets in mid November and film critics will be seeing it soon :)

Critics Groups Will See 'Django Unchained' Well Before Mid-December Press Junket

Now that three trailers and a slew of character posters have accumulated, anticipation for Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained"

is at a high. The press is chomping at the bit for the film's official junket days, announced by the Weinstein Company as December 15 and 16.

The New York Film Critics Circle recently set its voting date back to its usual time frame, December 3, but Weinstein reps assure us that despite the mid-month junket dates for "Django," the NYFCC, LAFCA, HPFA, National Board of Review et al will see the film in time for their voting deadlines. That's what DCPs are for!

The most recent trailer for "Django Unchained," which stars Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kerry Washington, Christoph Waltz and Samuel L. Jackson, is here. The film releases wide on December 25.

http://blogs.indiewi...-december-15-16

YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH...THANX OX 4 DA GREAT NEWS :clap:

Great news, Ox. I was wondering if Tarantino would have enough time to finish the film for the Golden Globes. Thank God it seems so.

I doubt leo will be attending any halloween party unless its at home or something.....everybody there is cooped up in hotels, and theres no power, and people are urged to stay inside....

Thanks Dr.brown, Ox, and Nanda!

GOOD public relations is essential for any new business launch. And it doesn't get any better than this: Martin Scorsese directing a film about your life and Leonardo DiCaprio portraying you.

"The whole thing is surreal," Jordan Belfort says.

"I wrote this book and before it was even published Leonardo got wind of it and Brad Pitt and there was a bidding war between them. I couldn't believe it."

The Wolf of Wall Street, Belfort's autobiographical account of his drug-and sex-fuelled days as a multi-millionaire stockbroker during the 1990s, is the stuff of movies.

His knack for hardwiring his young traders with a do-or-die attitude of selling and the Gecko "greed is good" mentality delivered him the rock-star lifestyle.

But like any decent Hollywood plot, it all came crashing down after Belfort was found to have swindled $100 million from his clients, for which he spent 22 months in prison.

http://www.theaustra...6-1226507015442

I doubt leo will be attending any halloween party unless its at home or something.....everybody there is cooped up in hotels, and theres no power, and people are urged to stay inside....

That's what I was thinking... too bad... not because of the parties of course, but because of the whole situation :/.

Thanks for the article, Kat.

Great words from Quentin.. :wub: And Yes, I also vote for more Leo-Tarantino collaboration :thumbsup: Thanks a lot, brown!

Margaritka Thanks for the pics :flower:

Though I highly doubt its true, Jordan himself said production was down for a few days, and I don't doubt thats true.

Yes, that's what I thought too :/

Nanda Thanks for the article... Leo and his halloween masks :nicole:

Oxford finally some news about Django press :dance:

Hello everyone! The December issue of Total Film magazine has an interview with Quentin Tarantino. It is not a Django Unchained specific interview as he talks about his other work too. However, he does say the following about Leo:

"I think we've found new sides to Leo. He gives a very different performance than he's ever given before. I have a tremendous amount of respect for his talent. He's very, very talented and has some amazing moments. I like people who are serious about their work. I would love to work with him again."

This was such a delight to read! Another great director praising Leo's work ethic and willing to work with him again. Quentin is a director that i can really see him collaborating with again in the future.

Oh and another thing.... a hard worker but he's still an easygoing guy who knows how to have fun!!! That's ideal right there...you need to have that balance :)

So the critics will be seeing django soon... really really anticipating their reactions to the film. In addition, to hearing Leo himself talk about the film.

Thanks for all the news all :)

Seems like even Leo is getting affected by that damn hurricane, Kat.

DiCaprio’s Antarctic Ocean Petition Temporarily Knocked Out by Sandy

Among the many other temporary casualties of Hurricane Sandy’s wrath (such as Gawker, The Huffington Post, and Gizmodo) is the activist site AVAAZ.org, which promotes activism on issues such as climate change, human rights, animal rights, corruption, poverty, and conflict.

“Due to flooding from Hurricane Sandy, the Avaaz website is currently experiencing temporary outages,” the site reports. “We are working round the clock to get it fully functional as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience and please try back later — we have some important campaigns to win together!”

Unfortunately, AVAAZ is also hosting Leonardo DiCaprio’s rapidly growing petition for the creation of a Southern Ocean marine sanctuary to protect thousands of polar species. A high-level Antarctic conservation meeting kicked off in Australia on Tuesday with plans to approve such protections. According to sources, Australia, France, and the EU all support the measure, with Russia and South Korea leading the charge against.

“[These countries]…are threatening to vote it down so they can plunder these seas now that others have been fished to death,” DiCaprio wrote to supporters of the petition. “The whales and penguins can’t speak for themselves, so it’s up to us to defend them. Let’s change negotiators’ minds with a massive wave of public pressure.”

If approved, the legislation would create a sanctuary twice the size of India.

Just before AVAAZ lost power, DiCaprio announced via Twitter that the petition had already garnered over 1 million signatures – an awesome milestone. Let’s hope AAVZ gets everything safely up and running soon so that more voices are heard in time for the conservation meeting.

Kat

Tks for comments from Jordan Belfort :)

I had hoped the Australian Today show would post their video interview with Jordan, but they haven't so far .

Girl

Tks for DeNiro interview ; good sense of humor :)

Nanda/Halloween Parties

Even though some planned may not happen tomorrow night , I can well see some big delayed Halloween bashes this weekend if the city is back to as normal as it can be for now .

ByPrincess

While we might not get to see these junket interviews to Dec ; I'm hoping we might get some tweeted pix of Leo at press event :yes:

Wijn

Tks for Leo/petition news ;)

More Django news from The Hollywood Reporter ; some 8 minutes of footage to be shown this week at Rome Film Festival

Of all the movies to come out before the end of the year, it seems movie bloggers are particularly fixated on Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained." Few films coming in the next couple of months have inspired tweets and even articles deciphering the meaning over when the press days in New York and Los Angeles are being scheduled, and the slow drip on the movie continues with a brief update on when and where more new footage will appear.

THR reveals that the Lucca Movie event in Italy will unveil an eight minute extended trailer for the movie this Friday. Whether or not this will be all new footage, or the same sizzle reel The Weinstein Company dropped at the Cannes Film Festival this spring (read our report here). Frankly, we would be surprised if it's the latter. And as for that much talked about potential premiere at the Rome Film Festival which kicks off in just over a week?

Well, the latest news is that 'Django' will screen after the festival, though now reports say that the legendary Franco Nero -- star of the original "Django" -- will make some kind of announcement during the fest about the premiere. If it happens. Though at this rate, it seems like a lot of hopeful optimism rather than anything concrete. So, in short, we'll see.

As for everyone else, "Django Unchained" gets unboxed on Christmas Day.