Bellazon

Football

goose

I love Aimar :D

I'm watching a replay tonight cause I couldn't be bothered waking up at 4.30 in the morning...

I'll have some opinion later tonight though, gimme another 3 hours at least :p

I watched WYC Semis. Messi and Mikel Obi are brilliant. When Mourinho said he found gold with Obi, he wasn't lying. He may not be the best talent spotter out there but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that Obi is good, especially considering how young he is. The Nigerian team has good youngsters.

Just saw the match, although they only showed extended highlights. <_<

It was tops (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

Brasil was great to watch. They defended better than usual. Adriano and Kaka were sensational. The goals were great, would've been nice to see Robinho get one.

Argentina seemed a bit tired though. Does anyone know why they're so reluctant to play Aimar, Tevez, Veron and Crespo?

Yeh I heard about Messi's new contract.

Maybe Barca're learning after Arsenal picked up Fabregas and Manyoo picked up Gerard Pique.

I'm watching the WYC Finals at the moment.

Mikel Obi and Messi are absolutely stunning.

The Nigerian on the whole is really really impressive...they play very nice football, great build-up play. I like them more than Argentina.

Also, I don't really like the Brasilian tactics used in Confed's Cup. They look good on a good day but they suck every other day. There's no stability and I feel that having 3-5 players constantly on one end of the field can only harm their chances come the World Cup. Not saying they play badly, but they're gonna lose to an outfit with a decent defence.

Also, given that Argentina are missing a few regulars (Ayala, Mascherano, Veron, Aimar, Tevez and Crespo among them), plus, the Argentinians had one less day's rest and had to play overtime against Mexico, I don't think Brasil should get carried away by their victory.

However, I do concede that during the match, Argentina was outplayed in every way shape and form. Brasil produced some of it's best attacking and defensive displays we've seen from them during the whole tournament and they have a good chance of winning the WC :D (even if I'm not too fond of the tactics <_<)

True that. Other teams don't seem to set very high standards.

Lippi and Italy seem content with draws. Such a low standard for a team with so many stars. I guess not much can be expected of a team that explains it's on-field shortcomings with excuses like "the threads our socks are made of were too rough" and "our boots were too hot" :laugh:

Then there's England and Spain, the perennial underacheivers.

France is young and lacking all their stars.

The Dutch are going well, 10 games unbeaten. Van Basten seems to know what he's doing. All the better considering I go for the Dutch and the Czechs. Hell the Oranjes are even beating the Czechs, now that Van Basten is in charge and doesn't take crap from anyone :p

Germany seem alright attacking, but defence-wise they're a mess. 15 goals in 5 games.

I think Argentina might be the only superpower that has a chance against Brasil. But we'll see. There might be another suprise yet ;)

yeh the dutch are great... I just didn't like how the stars used to rule the team instead of the coach. But it's all good now with Van Basten. He's takin' it back to the basics; select the players based on their form, not their reputation. Every coach should learn that lesson ;) Hopefully they'll give us some good football next year, fingers crossed :D

wow good point...

never thought about it like that :p

there are so many players in the Dutch line-up that aren't "stars" now. e.g. who would've thought he'd call up Hedwiges Maduro from Ajax under-20s. It was a piece of genius!!!

:cry: more people should post in here, get some heated debates going :evil:

:ermm: How can we recruit for fanatics...

btw, GERRARD WANTS OUT!!!

opinions?

My view is: I love Xabi. Though Gerrard's a fantastic footballer and I'd rather he stay, Gerrard can leave because NOBODY is bigger than the club.

We offered him STG 100,000/wk, waited for negotiations the whole of last year and won the Champion's League. If he wants to leave then I wish him the best of luck, but we did everything possible to keep him.

Clubs-wise, hopefully he'll go to Real Madrid, Barca, Juve or Milan. If he goes to Chelsea it'll just make winning the Premiership impossible.

Replacements-wise, I think we should spend well with whatever money we get. But we'll definitely need more than one person to replace him. My thoughts are that we should start by buying Aimar (if he's cheap), Possibly Baraja. Suddenly, it's hard to name players that can fill the void left by Gerrard :no:

unlike Chelsea and Real...

hehehe losers

Just watching highlights of Vicente and Joaquin. Absolute class.

I just realised the future of Spain is in fine hands players-wise.

They have Yeste, Vicente, Joaquin, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Fernando Torres, Puyol, Fabregas, Gerard Pique, Reyes, Villa, Marchena, Del Horno, Casillas to name a few off the top of my head. And those players can make up a team :p