Bellazon

Football

goose

Chances are Poland's win against Germany will make the group even more difficult for Scotland, although I suppose to be fair, any group would have been difficult for Scotland. :pinch:

Setbacks too for Holland, Bosnia, Spain and Portugal in their respective groups. What with Monday's defeat to Iceland and trailing for ages against Kazakhstan on Friday, the Dutch in particular look to be in a spot of bother. Wasn't this Euro 2016 qualification lark meant to be easy?

Everybody!

Don't blame it on Seb Larsson
Don't blame it on Van Aanholt
Don't blame it on Mannone
Blame it on Vergini

He just can't, he just can't, he just can't control his feet (etc.)

Tell me you weren't there, Michael. Dear God tell me you weren't there.

Thankfully not, although I was watching online. Whether it's really worth trying to make sense of such a shellacking, or to reach a logical conclusion as to why we capitulated so horrendously, I'm not sure, suffice to say that it was absolutely appalling. Nothing short of total commitment will be acceptable to the fans on Saturday - we’ll find out during the game if Poyet and the players have learned from the defeat and are able to repair some of the damage, or if we have yet another long, hard season ahead of us. Fingers crossed that it's the former.

On the bright side, anything less than 8-0 will represent progress. :pinch:

post-9484-0-1446013792-54361_thumb.jpg

(to the tune of California Girls by the Beach Boys)

I wish they all could be Galatasa

I wish they all could be Galatasa

I wish they all could be Galatasaray. 

Too bad playing any vaguely well assembled German team leads to nothing but feckless defeat after feckless defeat! 

Birmingham 0-8 Bournemouth is admittedly quite hefty compensation.

Terribly lacklustre stuff from Barca in the Clasico. Since Pique seems to be the scapegoat of choice these days, I'm fully expecting him to 'do a Fabregas' and hotfoot it back to England in the near future. The midfield also looked worryingly sluggish, with Messi strangely subdued.

Will Big Vito be offering a refund this week?

After his latest clanger (although there was of course another 'Sunderland moment' during the game, courtesy of Wes Brown), I was thinking more along the lines of a refund on Vito from Arsene Wenger and Arsenal. Presumably Pantilimon now starts against Crystal Palace. Not that I'm really holding out much hope for that one, we've had about eight managers since the last time we won on a Monday night.

So we beat Hull in a resolutely perfunctory manner back in August, promptly received a load of undue excitable old media fart purely because Roy Keane makes for good copy, proceeded to inexplicably give Lambert a new four year contract and now haven't scored a single goal for two months. Imagine if we'd actually dared to score a goal, he'd have been given the full Pardew eight years! In summary, we're going down. Just like the sagging moobs of Darren "Fat Elvis" Bent.