Bellazon

Football

goose

By the way, why is futbol the only sport to have stoppage time? Every other sport does the logical thing and stops the watch when there is a break in play :cain: It's stupid to have stoppage time when you can have 90 minutes exact every game :|

By the way, why is futbol the only sport to have stoppage time? Every other sport does the logical thing and stops the watch when there is a break in play :cain: It's stupid to have stoppage time when you can have 90 minutes exact every game :|

It's nearly impossible to apply it in the football. Basically cause of the Agvantage rules. Sometimes you don't stop the game, but after 30 seconds, you take the game back at where you should have stopped it. Plus in football, when the ball stops(i.e. a corner kick) the defenders run 70+ metres, to go there for headers. The football stadiums are way bigger than the ones in othr sports! So no matter if the game stops or not, you are supposed to run. And thats why it can't be applyed - IMO.

P.S.: Having 90 minutes exact is waaaaaaaayyyyy too much. Usually there are 35-40 minutes of play time! :shock:

Stoppage time was added to root out time-wasting. The idea was that people would spend less time rolling around on the ground if they knew the time would just be added at the end of the game. It hasn't worked... :rofl:

:rofl: Time waste in stoppage time :shifty:

It's nearly impossible to apply it in the football. Basically cause of the Agvantage rules. Sometimes you don't stop the game, but after 30 seconds, you take the game back at where you should have stopped it. Plus in football, when the ball stops(i.e. a corner kick) the defenders run 70+ metres, to go there for headers. The football stadiums are way bigger than the ones in othr sports! So no matter if the game stops or not, you are supposed to run. And thats why it can't be applyed - IMO.

P.S.: Having 90 minutes exact is waaaaaaaayyyyy too much. Usually there are 35-40 minutes of play time! :shock:

How many advantages does a ref call back in one game anyway? I'm sure a few calls wouldn't hurt. I'm just asking for time to be stopped when play finishes and started when play resumes, I don't see what running has to do with it :idk: Can you explain to me because I'm stupid :blink: And do you mean 35-40 minutes per half? Otherwise I don't know what kind of game you are watching :|

How many advantages does a ref call back in one game anyway? I'm sure a few calls wouldn't hurt. I'm just asking for time to be stopped when play finishes and started when play resumes, I don't see what running has to do with it :idk: Can you explain to me because I'm stupid :blink: And do you mean 35-40 minutes per half? Otherwise I don't know what kind of game you are watching :|

1- There are quite advantages that refs call, but true that mostly they don't take the game back. Agree that they won't hurt, but sometimes they might be applied in 89th minute, which will cause trouble.

2- Well, first of all, maybe I wasn't able to make clear what I said, there is no reason to call yourself stupid dude. Anyway, what I was going to say was that in football, I have witnessed a game with 63 fouls(both teams combined), and one with 17 ones. If you are going to stop the time on every foul, than the players on the 63 foul game will be finished within 20 minutes. In every change of possession, nearly every player changes his position. So after a 20 minutes of game play, defnders won't help offense, and forwards won't help defense. But on the game with 17 fouls, even after 30 minutes of game time, players will be still able carry on their performances.

i.e.: in 63 foul game, 20 minutes of play means something like 75 minutes of total,

while in 17 foul game, 20 minutes of play means something like 40 minutes!

3- No, I mean't 35-40 minutes per game! If we are going to count only the play time, than the game should stop the time on every goal kick, throw in, corner kick, freekick, and penalty kicks(which they don't add to stoppage time right now). And sometimes the players waste more than one minute, to take a simple throw in. Especially when the ball stops on a point with goal potential, they wait, till all the players take their positions(the thing I was talking about in*2*).

There is the stat that appears at the end of the game about it, and 42:some, was the most I have ever witnessed! If I'll translate the title of the stat it is *The active play time*, but in your language(or english) it might be something else also.

1- There are quite advantages that refs call, but true that mostly they don't take the game back. Agree that they won't hurt, but sometimes they might be applied in 89th minute, which will cause trouble.

2- Well, first of all, maybe I wasn't able to make clear what I said, there is no reason to call yourself stupid dude. Anyway, what I was going to say was that in football, I have witnessed a game with 63 fouls(both teams combined), and one with 17 ones. If you are going to stop the time on every foul, than the players on the 63 foul game will be finished within 20 minutes. In every change of possession, nearly every player changes his position. So after a 20 minutes of game play, defnders won't help offense, and forwards won't help defense. But on the game with 17 fouls, even after 30 minutes of game time, players will be still able carry on their performances.

i.e.: in 63 foul game, 20 minutes of play means something like 75 minutes of total,

while in 17 foul game, 20 minutes of play means something like 40 minutes!

3- No, I mean't 35-40 minutes per game! If we are going to count only the play time, than the game should stop the time on every goal kick, throw in, corner kick, freekick, and penalty kicks(which they don't add to stoppage time right now). And sometimes the players waste more than one minute, to take a simple throw in. Especially when the ball stops on a point with goal potential, they wait, till all the players take their positions(the thing I was talking about in*2*).

There is the stat that appears at the end of the game about it, and 42:some, was the most I have ever witnessed! If I'll translate the title of the stat it is *The active play time*, but in your language(or english) it might be something else also.

2 - was the game with 63 fouls in the Serie A? :laugh:

3 - really? :blink: We don't get that stat here, but I've never noticed the time wasting. They don't seem to waste that much time in the Premier League :idk: They do waste more time in La Liga and I'm betting even more in Serie A :rofl:

2 - was the game with 63 fouls in the Serie A? :laugh:

3 - really? :blink: We don't get that stat here, but I've never noticed the time wasting. They don't seem to waste that much time in the Premier League :idk: They do waste more time in La Liga and I'm betting even more in Serie A :rofl:

2- :rofl: Hahaha :rofl: ! No, actually that game was between Japan and Russia in the World Cup 2002.

3- :rofl: - No, actually in Serie A they probably play more tough defense, but they usually don't waste that much of time for throw ins or corners. But when there are PKs they usually complain for 2 hours, until the ref shows some yellow cards :rofl:

Anyway, is there anyone to tell me is Riquelme signing with Athletico Madrid? A friend of mine claimed so! :idk:

How does everybody rate Santa Cruz?

Nice for an UEFA Cup team, not Champions League Crack! ;) IMO

Haha, you've shattered me. :laugh:

Well apparently he'll be staying at Bayern till the end of August since Podolski and Luca Toni are both injured...

VfL Bochum just beat Gala in a friendly, 2-1. Can things get any worse. :cry:

Roque & Roll isn't a bad player. He was very much underused at Bayern though.

Speaking of which, they've sold their entire bench, it seems. (No more Makaay, Pizarro and Santa Cruz).

Totally agreed that he was so underused! :/

How does everybody rate Santa Cruz?

Nice for an UEFA Cup team, not Champions League Crack! ;) IMO

Haha, you've shattered me. :laugh:

Well apparently he'll be staying at Bayern till the end of August since Podolski and Luca Toni are both injured...

VfL Bochum just beat Gala in a friendly, 2-1. Can things get any worse. :cry:

Till the end of this years August you mean?

Oh yeah, and are you a Gala fan? I mean from your nickname(Bouazizi), I was guessing that you might be tracking the turkish league! :wave:

2- :rofl: Hahaha :rofl: ! No, actually that game was between Japan and Russia in the World Cup 2002.

3- :rofl: - No, actually in Serie A they probably play more tough defense, but they usually don't waste that much of time for throw ins or corners. But when there are PKs they usually complain for 2 hours, until the ref shows some yellow cards :rofl:

Anyway, is there anyone to tell me is Riquelme signing with Athletico Madrid? A friend of mine claimed so! :idk:

2 - I bet it wasn't as bad as the Holland vs Portugal match though. That was rough :ninja:

3 - Serie A players are the masters of professional fouls. Enough to stop the game, not enough to get sent off :laugh:

and no news from me :idk:

Till the end of this years August you mean?

Oh yeah, and are you a Gala fan? I mean from your nickname(Bouazizi), I was guessing that you might be tracking the turkish league! :wave:

Yep, the end of August - but apparently he wants out this week. :ninja:

Yes sir! I am indeed a Gala fan, yeah Bouazizi used to play for Gaziantepspor in Turkey, that's where I first heard the name and thought, "that's SUCH a cool name", and have been using it ever since. :laugh: