Bellazon

Football

goose

ZAT KNIGHT :woot: :woot: (sorry eNe :ninja:)

btw, Arsenal shouldn't get Alonso. I don't see him doing that well because he's not a dynamic player that can cover the front 4 single-handedly. He can make many professional fouls though :whistle: Anyway, you'll need a lot more money to prise our player of the season away from us ;)

First, and foremost: Congratz. Fred. You guys really are a fabulous team. :)

The answer would be no. All three are quality, but none of them have enough in their game to muster up a huge turn-around.

That's what I voted, too. It's clear that all of them may help them get better, but they are still faaar behind from Barca, and a healthy Liverpool.

I just posted that, because I didn't know about Klasin

I think the Premiership race will soon again turn into a two-horse race. Only difference with the past three seasons will be that the second horse will be the 'Pool instead of Chelski. They can't expect to keep slipping up like this against the "smaller" teams and still find themselves in title contention.

Another good win for Everton as well. They've slowly but steadily climbed up the table after a bit of a rocky start.

Hey, I like Xabi. IMO he may someone who can take a place in our starting lineup, even after Cesc gets back. You may be right about the money thing though. :/

There are also some other players I'm reading that Arsenal is interested in, them being:

Marcos Senna (Villareal)

Yaya Toure (Barcelona)

Mark Noble (West Ham United)

Michael Johnson (Manchester City)

Andrei Arshavin (Zenit)

Senna would be a good buy. Like Xabi but more mobile (Don't know how Wenger would react to his age though :rofl:)

I was expecting Yaya to shine at Barca but now that they have Busquets, I think a move for Yaya would be a good idea :yes:

I rate Johnson highly and I'm excited to see how he turns out in a few years. He would be a great investment and I would want him playing for Liverpool (maybe not now because he won't get a spot, but maybe in a few years). The only thing would be to curb his attacking instincts if you want to play him as a DMF.

^ haha, Galas made up for it, already! :clap:

And Chelsea got served in loss time! :thumbsup:

And congratulations Ed. Liverpool blasted Newcastle 1-5! :woot:

Now all my hopes are that Boro will stun ManU tomorrow! :/

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hopefully, the Boro jinx will return to haunt Manyoo.

Best quote I've heard this season by Joe Kinnear - "We asked more questions of Liverpool than they did of us." - like what, how many will you beat us by? :rofl:

What? No F word? :o

I think the Premiership race will soon again turn into a two-horse race. Only difference with the past three seasons will be that the second horse will be the 'Pool instead of Chelski. They can't expect to keep slipping up like this against the "smaller" teams and still find themselves in title contention.

Another good win for Everton as well. They've slowly but steadily climbed up the table after a bit of a rocky start.

I still think Manyoo will come good and go back to back :( They haven't even hit form yet either and they're only 10 points behind with 3 games in hand :o Only time will tell whether or not that Japan trip will be a hindrance or not, but their January fixtures look congested!

I still wouldn't discount Chelsea. They are choking but with Drogba and Anelka returning, they might find form again. They're only 3 points behind us and when we slip up they could be back on top :/ Then again, we've had Torres out for the season now, so hopefully a good partnership with Keane is on the cards and we can start breaking down those teams that park the bus against us.

I still think Manyoo will come good and go back to back :( They haven't even hit form yet either and they're only 10 points behind with 3 games in hand :o Only time will tell whether or not that Japan trip will be a hindrance or not, but their January fixtures look congested!

I still wouldn't discount Chelsea. They are choking but with Drogba and Anelka returning, they might find form again. They're only 3 points behind us and when we slip up they could be back on top :/ Then again, we've had Torres out for the season now, so hopefully a good partnership with Keane is on the cards and we can start breaking down those teams that park the bus against us.

Well, I don't think Chelsea will give up early, neither. IMO if they'll start using Anelka & Drogba together, they'll become the best offensive team in EPL, and they actually are a better defensive team then they seemed to be so far. Besides I wouldn't call last years EPL race a two-horse race. Arsenal finished only for points behind ManU, and were in the race, up until the week before the last. IMO this season's race will be just as close, if not more. :/ Too bad Arsenal won't be among them.

Based on current standings, ManU are a little favoured IMO. They will host the rest of the Big4, and even if they tie with all 3 of them, that'd be a huge step for them (considering they nearly never loose to other teams). :mad:

My favorites in general were Liverpool from the start of the season (among these 3), as they are hungrier than both Chelsea & ManU. I'd still count them one step forward if it wasn't for UCL, in which it's likely that they'll pass to quarters (maybe go even further), while ManU, and Chelsea may end up out of the competition soon. If that happens, these teams will put all of their concentration on EPL, and that ain't a good sign for 'pool. :no:

But still with Torres in lineup, they may just beat them in direct games, and convert the points they loose to teams like Stoke City (Which, trust me Ed, will happen). :/ Good luck to 'pool. :)

Senna would be a good buy. Like Xabi but more mobile (Don't know how Wenger would react to his age though :rofl:)

I was expecting Yaya to shine at Barca but now that they have Busquets, I think a move for Yaya would be a good idea :yes:

I rate Johnson highly and I'm excited to see how he turns out in a few years. He would be a great investment and I would want him playing for Liverpool (maybe not now because he won't get a spot, but maybe in a few years). The only thing would be to curb his attacking instincts if you want to play him as a DMF.

At this point, Senna is the one I'd want the most. Mainly because he is a good free-kick taker, and we need a right footed one, who can punish opponents in some serious situations. As of his age, maybewe'll just use him for a couple of seasons, and then sell him to Milan. :rofl:

Besides that, I'd go for Yaya, who IMO has all the good qualities to make a perfect partner to Cesc as a CMF.

And IMO pool is one of the last teams who shall invest in a DMF/CMF. :/

IMO they have many quality players in there, while they may use some quality wingers, even in their current formation, (both in defense, and MF). :/

But if that's what it takes for us to get Mascherano, and/or Xabi, just go ahead. :thumbsup:

----

Stevie G was apparently arrested after a barfight last night. Along with four other guys. This could be huge if Gerrard gets some sort of suspension due to his off-the-field behavior.

Yeh I read about that also. If Stevie is guilty, I can see it being an internal matter. I don't know what the FA would do about it, especially to their precious English midfielder. Slap on the wrist perhaps? :rofl:

And what's with Gerrard? Never considered him as a type to cause problems, but anything is possible I guess. But as Ed said, I don't expect any suspension from FA to their precious MF neither. Just slap his wrists, or make him stand on one foot for an hour. Or at worst rub his lips with red papper. :rofl:

He could face up to five years in prison. The good news is that a verdict is unlikely before the end of the season, so at the very least he'll be able to finish this campaign. Although you'd have to imagine his mind might be elsewhere with a prison sentence hovering over his head.

He'd better hope he doesn't get a jury comprised of nothing but Everton fans though. :rofl:

Can you imagine the vetting process? "Juror n

He could face up to five years in prison. The good news is that a verdict is unlikely before the end of the season, so at the very least he'll be able to finish this campaign. Although you'd have to imagine his mind might be elsewhere with a prison sentence hovering over his head.

He'd better hope he doesn't get a jury comprised of nothing but Everton fans though. :rofl:

Can you imagine the vetting process? "Juror n�7, please rise. What Merseyside football team do you support?" :laugh:

Hopefully Stevie gets off the hook. I reckon Fergie put those guys up to this. It's a conspiracy I tell ya!! :chicken:

And I think Southport is closer to the Mancs than to Liverpool central, though it is only considered part of Merseyside because they re-arranged the borders and it is now governed under Sefton City Council. Not sure if that will affect the jurors but hopefully there will be no Mancs in the jury either :ninja:

Oh and eNe, nice new avatar. :drool: Another Chuck convert?

you have a good eye :|

quality :thumbsup:

however, i couldn't find a quote saying "I did not seeee zat foul" or anything to do with his mildly pedophilic tendencies :| Loved the Clichy comic skit in the bottom corner though :rofl:

There is actually a rumor, that Milan will trade Shevchenko to Napoli for former Juventus Mid-fielder Manuele Blasi.

Even though the deal sounds a little crazy, it actually makes sense. :mellow:

-----

Oh, and has anyone see what Andre Luis of Botafogo has done in a game against Estudiantes in Brazilian league? :ninja:

Take a look: