Bellazon

Motion

Neo52285

7 minutes ago, nhlovesadri said:

They have an actual supermodel who has a bit more of weight on for her pregnancy, and they don't show her, but they hire actual overweight forgettable models to show they are body positive...

@nhlovesadri It was Adriana's choice to cover her body. Recently Victoria's Secret relly has no problem with overweight models. But people keeps complain about it since yesterday without knowing whether it is Adriana's decision or not. VS is the actual victim here to be honest.

10 minutes ago, nhlovesadri said:

They have an actual supermodel who has a bit more of weight on for her pregnancy, and they don't show her, but they hire actual overweight forgettable models to show they are body positive...

It's possible that when this was shot, Adriana didn't feel comfortable shooting in lingerie. I think thats why she's all covered in the only photo of her. And I think it was her decision given the rebrand VS has done and there being a plus sized model in this. I agree with @borg they probably would have wanted to show her curvier figure to keep trying to prove they are body positive. And that's probably why she was hardly featured and why it would have made no sense to even put her in the cover of that catalog.

@patt@lucyford my problem is not the fact she is covering up a bit more and she wnated it that way, but the fact they don't show her at all in the video. She shot sure more than for one face closeup of 1 second, and 1 single photo, it was their choice to not feature that material in the finished products. So they gave more screen times to others, and they were ok with them having more weight (in some cases in a clealry unhealthy image of overweight), but her having more, and looking way better I may add, wasn't acceptable, because it was coming from post pregnancy.

In fact, it's easy to notice that since she got pregnant, we haven't had a single pic or video of Adriana in a bikini, much less in lingerie or even lifting her shirt to show off her abs like she often did when posting about her workouts. Definitely, she didn't feel comfortable with her body when that was recorded, surely now she feels more and more comfortable because she is losing more and more weight, but about 3 or 4 months ago, she was definitely going through a stage of low self-esteem about her physical shape. She wouldn't want to see the post on the VS account with the comment section filled with "What happened to Adriana?", "Is that Adriana? She looks like a different person" and more comments that would be way more toxic.

8 minutes ago, nhlovesadri said:

@patt@lucyford my problem is not the fact she is covering up a bit more and she wnated it that way, but the fact they don't show her at all in the video. She shot sure more than for one face closeup of 1 second, and 1 single photo, it was their choice to not feature that material in the finished products. So they gave more screen times to others, and they were ok with them having more weight (in some cases in a clealry unhealthy image of overweight), but her having more, and looking way better I may add, wasn't acceptable, because it was coming from post pregnancy.

I get what you are saying and get the frustration. But I still think it was more her choice not to do more than wear what looks like a full lenght dress. Rather than VS not wanting to feature her more because of weight when there's an actual plus sized model in this and they could have showcased post partum woman empowerment and what not. VS is a lingerie brand at the end of the day, and what she was in and prob felt comfortable in, was not yet that. The way people have eaten her alive since she was pregnant about weight and making her lose some confidence, I don't blame her if she did not feel ready yet. 

11 minutes ago, nhlovesadri said:

@nhlovesadri I agree with this. The piece she wore is also part of the collection. Also i didn't see Adriana on the VS's videos on their instagram page, they cut her part. The video that includes her only shared by People Magazine.  I hope they share Adriana later but it will be too late. 

1 hour ago, borg said:

I think it was probably Adriana herself who didn't want to show her body in a lingerie campaign, due to the body she had when that was recorded a few months ago, you can say that she didn't feel comfortable with her physique or not self-confident enough to be filmed in her underwear. For the company, in fact, I think it would even have been positive to be able to present Adriana as a more curvy model.

It seems like Adriana is the only woman in the industry who’s not promoting being overweight. 

Adriana is being real with herself.  Adriana is okay with others looking the way they do. But its very clear she has awareness about herself with extra weight.  She has said it enough, she is aware she just isn't the same with weight on. She knows she looks different and I think she probably also feels different so she is visibly not as comfortable. She looks beautiful in her VS photo but her fierceness is missing. And since Adriana hasn't shown her body in over a year and she is barely showing herself in general. I do think its related to her lack of being comfortable with certain weight. I also now think this is why we have not seen Adriana in much modeling. I don't think she really wants to do this until her looks/size is back normal.

And I understand that because some people are just shitty about her being thicker. While it is tough seeing Adriana clearly just not liking how she is at a bigger size and it being obvious in her work and actions that this is a problem for her. I am okay with it because hopefully that just motivates her to keep going and reclaiming not only her looks but her CONFIDENCE back. Because thats def missing. I understand why, like another user said the comments be annoying. But It does suck as a fan seeing her so recluse and not comfortable. The positive is that she can use it for more motivation and eventually all the weight will be gone and she will be okay with herself modeling and being in fashion again

Remember that this was shot months ago, the odds are Adriana herself did not feel comfortable with her body at that stage. Back in the day VS used to shoot their campaigns a good six months in advance, and we know Adriana has lost a lot of weight in the last couple of months and has been focusing a lot on working out. 

I can see this being 100% her choice to be honest, VS has bigger models in lingerie so it is definitely not them being shy about it. 

8 hours ago, Clauds said:

Remember that this was shot months ago, the odds are Adriana herself did not feel comfortable with her body at that stage. Back in the day VS used to shoot their campaigns a good six months in advance, and we know Adriana has lost a lot of weight in the last couple of months and has been focusing a lot on working out. 

I can see this being 100% her choice to be honest, VS has bigger models in lingerie so it is definitely not them being shy about it. 

yeah you can tell this was shot a WHILE ago