Bellazon

Twilight

wickedcrazyness

I like Kat Denning from Nick and Nora's infinite playlist as Bella ooo or even Emily Browning from the uninvited (she was also in the series of unfortunate events). and of course the originally thought to be Edward, Gaspard Ulliel...Emile De Ravin for Rosalie possibly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, so I watched "Twilight" on Saturday...

I wanted to see it, I haven't read the book, but I wanted to see this, to see what the whole hype is about, and if it's true that Kristen is such a terrible actress :rofl: and honestly.... I know I shouldn't expect much from this movie, but if I didn't know it's a popular movie, I would have never guessed that!

I think Kristen was good in her role... well, I saw "Twilight" with a voiceover :cain: so this is why I couldn't hear her mumbling :rofl: and she couldn't hide her teeth way too often in this movie :ninja: but yeah, at least she wasn't as terrible as RPattz :| :ninja: he was so bad :no: maybe if I found him beautiful, I wouldn't mind, but... he isn't a good actor, at least not in "Twilight" :blink:

Also, I didn't see any sexual tension between Bella and Edward in this movie :| I mean, Kristen managed to play a girl who is in love (not well, but oh well :p ) but I didn't feel like Edward was in love with Bella... the only scene where I think he finally was, is the prom scene (if I had to choose a fav one, it would be this one), which happened to be the last one in "Twilight" :blink: :nicole:

I don't watch many movies with special effects, but come on, they could work harder on them! I mean, they weren't well-made...

And Jacob's wig :ninja: I saw some photos of KStew wearing it for "New Moon", it looks so bad :rofl: before posting this, I read every page of this thread (to see how people on BZ like it) and the comment by The Joker about the wig was priceless :rofl:

Okay, now, what I liked:

-Ashley Greene was good

-the location

-school :ninja: you can laugh, but I love watching scenes that are located in schools, especially in American ones :ninja: don't ask me why :ninja:

o.k. that's all :nicole: oh&there were moments when I couldn't stop laughing, so that's good ;)

btw, can sb who read the book explain me sth? Was Bella liked at her new school in Forks? Because at first, it looked like in the movie they (boys at school) will make laugh of her, and then it seemed like everyone (well, not everyone, but you get what I mean...) liked her :mellow: that slightly confused me.

One more question, for everyone who had seen "Twilight" and "New Moon"-which one is better? I kinda liked "New Moon"'s trailer, I mean, it was a bit ridiculous, a bit funny, but still, interesting... after watching "Twilight" I should have no interest in "NM" but I heard it's better than "Twilight", and the change of the director was a right step. Of course, I won't go to cinema to watch this, I prefer to save my money and watch it when it comes out on tv :morning: :mellow: but I still wanna know :laugh:

EDIT: forgot to thank Ophelia, Heather and Celine for their funny posts here :rofl:

I think both are great ... BUT for me, New Moon is way BETTER then Twilight ... why? becoz when you read the books you notice that in Twilight they didn't put the best part, which for me is when Bella & Edward meet each other, & when they talk about the family story & all this stuff, when they meet w/James & blahblahblah, I totally understand is a movie & they don't have all the time to put the whole book on action, but they could've done a better job! New Moon is more alike to the book, they changed some things but I think that someone who hadn't read the books can get it perfectly!

I first watched Twilight, & then I read the books & noticed that there was more then what I saw on the movie & I was totally disappointed :(

Ok, so I watched "Twilight" on Saturday...

I wanted to see it, I haven't read the book, but I wanted to see this, to see what the whole hype is about, and if it's true that Kristen is such a terrible actress :rofl: and honestly.... I know I shouldn't expect much from this movie, but if I didn't know it's a popular movie, I would have never guessed that!

I think Kristen was good in her role... well, I saw "Twilight" with a voiceover :cain: so this is why I couldn't hear her mumbling :rofl: and she couldn't hide her teeth way too often in this movie :ninja: but yeah, at least she wasn't as terrible as RPattz :| :ninja: he was so bad :no: maybe if I found him beautiful, I wouldn't mind, but... he isn't a good actor, at least not in "Twilight" :blink:

Also, I didn't see any sexual tension between Bella and Edward in this movie :| I mean, Kristen managed to play a girl who is in love (not well, but oh well :p ) but I didn't feel like Edward was in love with Bella... the only scene where I think he finally was, is the prom scene (if I had to choose a fav one, it would be this one), which happened to be the last one in "Twilight" :blink: :nicole:

I don't watch many movies with special effects, but come on, they could work harder on them! I mean, they weren't well-made...

And Jacob's wig :ninja: I saw some photos of KStew wearing it for "New Moon", it looks so bad :rofl: before posting this, I read every page of this thread (to see how people on BZ like it) and the comment by The Joker about the wig was priceless :rofl:

Okay, now, what I liked:

-Ashley Greene was good

-the location

-school :ninja: you can laugh, but I love watching scenes that are located in schools, especially in American ones :ninja: don't ask me why :ninja:

o.k. that's all :nicole: oh&there were moments when I couldn't stop laughing, so that's good ;)

btw, can sb who read the book explain me sth? Was Bella liked at her new school in Forks? Because at first, it looked like in the movie they (boys at school) will make laugh of her, and then it seemed like everyone (well, not everyone, but you get what I mean...) liked her :mellow: that slightly confused me.

One more question, for everyone who had seen "Twilight" and "New Moon"-which one is better? I kinda liked "New Moon"'s trailer, I mean, it was a bit ridiculous, a bit funny, but still, interesting... after watching "Twilight" I should have no interest in "NM" but I heard it's better than "Twilight", and the change of the director was a right step. Of course, I won't go to cinema to watch this, I prefer to save my money and watch it when it comes out on tv :morning: :mellow: but I still wanna know :laugh:

EDIT: forgot to thank Ophelia, Heather and Celine for their funny posts here :rofl:

New Moon is wayyy better than twilight believe me...even there's some scene by the end in New Moon that's even better than in the book :yes:

But save the money and wait till it's on tv :laugh: I mean you're not really that excited to watch new moon, so you can wait :p

and in the books, Bella "is" liked in her new school. Most males,if you know what I mean :shifty: :p And that's why some females - Like Jessica - have a kind if jealousy towards her

I thought he was better-but he wasn't in it that much...just at the beginning and ending :p

I see...

I thought he made an awful Edward in the first movie. Granted I don't like Edward much to begin with, I still think he should have done a better job playing him. In the book he was described as this suave, charming, ancient vampire. But in the movie I saw none of that. He just seemed like an awkward teenager in the movie. Maybe that's just me, though?

"My review of TWILIGHT is purely based on what was presented before me in that theater with zero expectations and zero knowledge of the books series (other than that there’s some really creepy birth in the fourth one - awesome).

Keeping in mind that I have not read the book, the adapted screenplay by Melissa Rosenberg was the sole problem with TWILIGHT, not that Meyer's scenarios make any damn sense either. The screenplay was poorly written, as many of the character arcs are underdeveloped, with the pacing completely uneven. The first hour of the movie follows the relationship of Edward and Bella, the next thirty we see the duo introduce each other’s families, with the final act playing out very similar to Two Face’s role in THE DARK KNIGHT. While nothing really happens in most of the movie, the finale is squeezed into the plot just for the sake of having conflict and yet, it makes zero sense. Why one vampire would be so obsessed with a piece of meat is beyond me. Bella becomes stalked by one of the vampires, who has his choice of about 600 million other humans to chew on, so why bother with her? This questions leads straight into the main problem with TWILIGHT, the logic.

TWILIGHT is completely illogical, on almost every level. Edward explains to Bella that he’s “pretty” because it helps attract his victims, only it’s later revealed that the whole clan was created by one vampire, which means they were all human once before. I guess when you become a vampire you immediately become pretty? Another big leap in logic is why Edward and his clan would attend high school. Out of all the places I would never want to go to again, it would be high school. It’s also touched on that the clan talks to nobody but their own kind, and that they’re considered outcasts, so why even go to school? It makes absolutely no sense. I guess they want to relearn everything? Furthermore, the entire relationship between Bella and Edward is cross-eyed as he explains to her that it took all the power in the world for him not to bite her and drink her blood. At no point does he explain that he has sexual feelings for Bella, so basically we’re lead to believe that Edward is in love with his food? I love Big Macs, but I don’t daydream about f*cking one.

Ok, ok, ok…. I get it, suspension of disbelief. I’m past it, but I won’t ignore the fact that there’s absolutely nothing original, new or all that clever about TWILIGHT. Based on what I witnessed before my eyes, this entire adaptation was carried through by my wonderful Catherine Hardwicke, who took a shiny little turd and transformed it into a watchable, slightly enjoyable film.

Getting back on track, the mythology of TWILIGHT is completely unoriginal. What drives a film/story like this are the interesting characters, and being that most of the characters are so underdeveloped (sans Bella and Edward), all that’s left is the flashy directing styles of Catherine Hardwicke. The one thing that annoys me the most about the film is that anyone could have wrote this generic vampire drama. Meyer puts no stamp on the story other than that she’s a fond believer in abstinence and that her dream as a teenager was to get it on with a vampire (I wonder if Brat Pitt and Tom Cruise did this to her?).

For everyone who is unfamiliar with the books, I can’t say I would recommend TWILIGHT, especially since there are a handful of better vampire movies out there of the same nature (LOST BOYS being one of them). If anything, I’ll take this moment to direct you to HBO where you can watch their ongoing adaptation of TRUE BLOOD, which features everything that’s missing from TWILIGHT"

TWILIGHT has made vampires part of the mainstream in a worse manner, now we are going to get shitty sparkly teen vampire films, Anne Rice and Joss Whedon already had fluffy bunny vamps we all loved, we dont need neutered ones!

2/10

• 3 years later...