Bellazon

Fan Talk

Neo52285

I LOVED the Such a Flirt collection...Adriana's pictures were amazing, but the lingerie itself was great too. I wish they'd bring it back! Some of the stuff has been so tacky lately (and the pictures often haven't been quite as good...I wonder if they're playing around with different photographers??)

The layout was wonderful wasn't it? The props they used were so creative (like Adriana looking into a hand mirror or at a VS catalog). Very sexy without being crass.

My co-worker went to Adriana Lima's birthday bash last night in New York!! I know her b-day is in June, but maybe the rich celebrate twice :fun:

He didn't care because a friend of his is friends with Adriana and invited him. Me? I sat with my mouth open, shocked and wishing the bum would have invited me...although my self-esteem in a place full of supermodels would have been at an all time low.

I'll ask him the location again tomorrow if anyone wants to know. It was in SoHo somewhere I think -- downtown Manhattan. Anyway, now I can say that I know a friend of a friend of Adriana's!! Three degrees of separation :laugh:

Everyone, what was your reaction the first time you saw Adriana?

Great question. The first time I saw Adriana Lima, she was a very young girl in the background of a VS special or Tyra documentary. The focus was on Tyra, and I wondered, "Who is the new black VS model...or is she mixed?" Later I'd come to learn that the girl was Adriana Lima.

Edited by ALimaFan

I was a big Jessica Alba fan but then I saw a pic of Adriana and I thought to myself "Hey, maybe Jessica is not the most beautiful woman in the world". I let that thought pass, as I was a big fan of Jessica. Later that day I saw another pic of Adriana... and I couldn't keep my eyes of her. This was all a long time ago :laugh:

As a straight female, I don't pay attention to women, so this is the oddest obsession. But I see Adriana Lima as ART. The first time she absolutely captivated my attention (other than the VS doc w/Tyra) was about 2 years ago at the mall.

I was going to GNC and there was a huge poster in the window of VS next to GNC. It was like slow motion -- I couldn't take my eyes off of the poster. Her bright eyes were hypnotizing. I knew that she was "that girl who dated Lenny," and that's all. Then I started noticing her ads at CVS (drugstore) and on TV. One day I stumbled upon Adriana forums like this and it's been great but addictive.

I feel awkward praising a female like this, but again to me she's like a work of art. To add to that, I value her ethics, cultural pride and I adore her humble and child-like persona as it's been portrayed in the media.

My co-worker went to Adriana Lima's birthday bash last night in New York!! I know her b-day is in June, but maybe the rich celebrate twice :fun:

He didn't care because a friend of his is friends with Adriana and invited him. Me? I sat with my mouth open, shocked and wishing the bum would have invited me...although my self-esteem in a place full of supermodels would have been at an all time low.

I'll ask him the location again tomorrow if anyone wants to know. It was in SoHo somewhere I think -- downtown Manhattan. Anyway, now I can say that I know a friend of a friend of Adriana's!! Three degrees of separation :laugh:

Are you sure it wasn't Alessandra? She just had a birthday...