Bellazon

News

Neo52285

Lol. If there's any consolation, she's getting all the press about the calendar. I'm actually surprised about how much press this calendar gets. Didn't know it was that big of a deal mainstream wise.

Also, why must members in this thread always compare Adriana to other models? Miranda and Ale still take a back seat to Adriana. And I'm sure magazines call them beautiful women, because they Are beautiful.

And if people pay paps to photograph them, then you wouldn't see Ale and Miranda on a daily basis. And I would drop out of school and become a paparazzo. Nobody pays them, that's not how it works. Those people will photograph anyone they see on tv when they call.

Like seriously Adriana & her PR people can go DIAF, I'm over this "I'm too busy for this" shit. Seriously? You're a model, go to work. She's probably doing nothing in her house in Miami, is not even like she was actually busy with some other project. If she didn't want to go to the launch to stay home with her children she shouldn't have done the calendar at all then.

She went to freaking Brasil (oh her home country, BTW) while pregnant for the calendar which is not close to the US at all. Yet she managed to bail last minute on the PR events? I'm sorry but this highly unprofessional of hers & at this point i expect her to cancel the FIFA thing too, it's in the exact same place as the Pirelli launch & she couldn't manage to go three days earlier?. Makes no sense at all

I don't think anyone will deny that she doesn't care about much outside of VS, and she's not ambitious about fashion or booking jobs outside of VS. Maybe in the later years it stopped at the paycheck and security that the VS contract offered. She use to be a little bit more out going in the early years. I disagree on a model calling the paparazzi to let them know where she'll be being a good thing. It's lame as hell. IMO there should be a certain amount of dignity or self respect. I guess it depends on how you look at it, from a purely business standpoint maybe it's acceptable to some. To me it's always going to be more than pathetic.

Adriana always seems to care too much about what people think of her in my opinion. Even on twitter, when she first started tweeting she couldn't even handle a few people making some mean comments...she had to defend herself in the worst way, making the situation worse opposed to ignoring it. She can't handle the media targeting her over comments that shouldn't have been made in the first place, and she just limits herself. But after being in the industry for as long as she has, she has an advantage over so many of the other girls. And she still can't get her shit together.

Also, I don't have much knowledge about how effective Marilyn Agency is as a modeling agency, so I won't comment on that but her manager & his team (if he has one) seem to be so inept to be honest.

Her manager and his team is only as inept as she allows them to be. When you first start out as a model you follow what your manager says, but she's been around for long enough that she can pick and choose. Her name is big enough that if she chooses they'll make a lot of money, but she doesn't seem be choosing to do much of anything.

I kinda liked how Adriana is secretive and how she did the occasional event here and there. It made her more desirable. But like everyone else, its just enough already. Shes at the last few years of her modeling career, a model's shelf life usually ends around 35 years old. She has had the fans, presence, and beauty to become the biggest name in the industry yet she let Gisele overtake that spot. Because she just chose to like only do VS, whereas most of the other recognizable models did any major campaign they could. VS isnt all that anymore and i guess she didnt get the memo. It would be so awesome for her to do big name fashion houses runway shows and campaigns in europe and brazil again but we all know that will never happen.

I do appreciate that she isnt a fame whore like Alessandra and Miranda. Miranda only got recognition because she was the first australian angel and she married orlando bloom. But he himself isnt even that famous right now. Alessandra has always been in Gisele's and Adriana's shadow so as much as she tries she will never be as famous as the other too. But at least both Miranda and Alessandra do a variety of things outside VS. Hell even Candice does too.

We really don't know what exactly happened (ie emergency) etc. but if there was something like that they should at least announce it instead of it looking like shes too good for it or something. I love her to death but I never get my hopes up for apperances. She IS a HUGE name, it just seems like now she is focused on family which is not a bad thing at all by any means--But if thats what she wants to do, don't sign for major things if you don't have time to promote them. Damn you Adriana! Your fans just want to see your beautiful face in something other than VS :/

Atleast she did the calendar. It's better for her to do it and not come to the event than to not do neither. Can't make adriana do something she doesn't want to. She is comfortable with her life being like this, she prefers it, let it be. Her pockets aren't hurting from it, if it was she wouldn't be on top of all those other models you've named. Besides Gisele.

But again I'm the only one that doesn't care

We really don't know what exactly happened (ie emergency) etc. but if there was something like that they should at least announce it instead of it looking like shes too good for it or something. I love her to death but I never get my hopes up for apperances. She IS a HUGE name, it just seems like now she is focused on family which is not a bad thing at all by any means--But if thats what she wants to do, don't sign for major things if you don't have time to promote them. Damn you Adriana! Your fans just want to see your beautiful face in something other than VS :/

Could it be possible that she was never going to the event from the beginning?

Also I don't think she really wants to be a fashion icon. Except for when she started out, she hasn't been going through the fashion path. VS icon she is.

Anyway, I understand why you guys are upset, but VS and other stuff shouldn't be compared ESPECIALLY when it comes to Adriana. She's shown us time and time again (through her actions) that VS is the most important part of her career. She practically moved into the gym just to do the show while having a new born. So I don't think she'll have second thoughts ditching an event which isn't VS to spend more time with her new born. And she has wonderful things coming up, so we're still good.

Cherry, according to models.com, her agency is no.2 in the world.

True about Ale being a bit of an attention whore. I really love her but sometimes it's too obvious you know. I always admired Adri for being kinda private I mean thats great. She isn't really showing off BUT to some point she should just show her face here and there haha.

Anyway I can't wait for the drawing though. Wonder how she will look.

Could it be possible that she was never going to the event from the beginning?

Also I don't think she really wants to be a fashion icon. Except for when she started out, she hasn't been going through the fashion path. VS icon she is.

Anyway, I understand why you guys are upset, but VS and other stuff shouldn't be compared ESPECIALLY when it comes to Adriana. She's shown us time and time again (through her actions) that VS is the most important part of her career. She practically moved into the gym just to do the show while having a new born. So I don't think she'll have second thoughts ditching an event which isn't VS to spend more time with her new born. And she has wonderful things coming up, so we're still good.

Cherry, according to models.com, her agency is no.2 in the world.