Bellazon

News

Neo52285

Adriana Lima to Sizzle on Ugly Betty

Brazilian super model Adriana Lima will break into the fashionable world of Mode magazine when she makes her acting debut on an upcoming episode of Ugly Betty.

“Adriana has always been a huge fan of Ugly Betty and is thrilled for the opportunity to make a guest star appearance,” says Lima’s rep Liza Anderson.

On a future Betty (returning to ABC Sept. 25, 8 p.m. ET), Lima will be hired to pose on the pages of Mode’s “sizzling hot issue” and will work with Betty Suarez (America Ferrera) on a cover story about the virtues of exotic fruit, including the fictional “tico berry,” which the Vicoria’s Secret model — playing herself — will credit as a booster to her sexy appearance.

But in a twist right out of Betty’s madcap world, Lima, 27, will sport a broken finger from a real-life fall she suffered while on vacation in Croatia.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2008/09/05/adria...-on-ugly-betty/

Ugly Betty is one of my favorite show. I watched the spanish version before it ever was made in America and it really is an amazing show. This will be huge for her career since it is a very popular show. And thank you for that picture Nanda. She looks gorgeous as usual.

Adriana Lima to Sizzle on Ugly Betty

Brazilian super model Adriana Lima will break into the fashionable world of Mode magazine when she makes her acting debut on an upcoming episode of Ugly Betty.

“Adriana has always been a huge fan of Ugly Betty and is thrilled for the opportunity to make a guest star appearance,” says Lima’s rep Liza Anderson.

On a future Betty (returning to ABC Sept. 25, 8 p.m. ET), Lima will be hired to pose on the pages of Mode’s “sizzling hot issue” and will work with Betty Suarez (America Ferrera) on a cover story about the virtues of exotic fruit, including the fictional “tico berry,” which the Vicoria’s Secret model �" playing herself �" will credit as a booster to her sexy appearance.

But in a twist right out of Betty’s madcap world, Lima, 27, will sport a broken finger from a real-life fall she suffered while on vacation in Croatia.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2008/09/05/adria...-on-ugly-betty/

Arriving on the later side, was Brazilian supermodel Adriana Lima dressed in a busty black mini-dress with fiance, basketball player Marko Jaric, by her side. Ms. Lima said that we won't be seeing much of her in the coming weeks as she is spending all her time studying lines and attending an acting class for her upcoming role on Ugly Betty. (She will be playing herself.)

"It's quite fun, but I have a long way to go so I don't want anyone to expect too much," she said of her acting abilities. "I'm a perfectionist so if I can't deliver everything well, I get, like, so crazy."

Despite admitting that she's quite shy, Ms Lima gets animated when she speaks, practically acting out every word with her hands and shoulders in a way that puts forth her South American background. The Daily Transom was curious if Ms. Lima was keeping up her virginity-until-marriage vow that she told GQ about in 2006.

"People interpreted that many different ways and I truthfully don't know what to say about it," she replied. "When you're in the spotlight, everything you do becomes out there and it's okay, it's not a problem. If people want to talk about it, go ahead and talk about it."

She paused.

"Just do one thing, don't ever forget about me."

We'll try not to!

http://www.observer.com/2008/style/adriana...ks-we-dont-forg

Her vague responses about the virginity thing makes it seem that she was never really a virgin to begin with but that her words were just misinterpreted along the way. Her reponse doesn't seem like it's from someone who is indeed still waiting for marriage...Not like it matters either way since I couldn't care less, but that's how I read it. It was a very straight forward question for such a vague response.

Her vague responses about the virginity thing makes it seem that she was never really a virgin to begin with but that her words were just misinterpreted along the way. Her reponse doesn't seem like it's from someone who is indeed still waiting for marriage...Not like it matters either way since I couldn't care less, but that's how I read it. It was a very straight forward question for such a vague response.

I agree. She gave an appropriate answer. Sometimes it is okay to say "Whatever" and to keep it moving... :wave:

What if she wasn't waiting until marriage?? Would that somehow make her less moral or less desirable or would her fans be really disappointed in her?...

I'm also waiting until marriage but I don't act like I'm superior to other people because of it. (I definetly don't think Adri acts that way, thankfully, but some of her fans can get a little overboard with her virginity as if it somehow makes her MORE moral. I'd be much more straight forward I think if asked that question.

Personally...I think that's her way of saying, 'ya Jaric 'hit it'...lol.