Bellazon

Which S.I. model should get the cover for SI 2008?

U.K.

Which Sports Illustrated model would you like to get the cover of Sports Illustrated 2008?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which Sports Illustrated model would you like to get the cover of Sports Illustrated 2008?

• Oluchi Onweagba
    • Bar Rafaeli
    • Yamila Diaz-Rahi

^ But to give multiple covers is only to cheapen the value in being the model on the cover.
So Yamila really does need another cover really soon

Why? :idk: I think she's attractive, but she's not so in the public consciousness or successful as a model that she's earned another cover.

Although Ana is my fav model and she's been doing SI for years, I would deff give Marisa Miller the cover. She exemplifies what the SI Swim edition is about. She's curvy, she's fresh, she's beautiful.... AND she's been doing SI for a while and she's deserved it for years now.

Bar is probably gonna get it. The woman that replaced Gisele as Leo's fair maiden has to be hot.

I definately wouldn't mind seeing Ana BB on a cover but I'd die and go to heaven if I ever had the pleasure of experiencing the sweet and utterly complete bliss of seeing her sister on an SISE cover.

Patricia Barros is probably the number 1 underrated model right now. Softer lines than Ana and bigger tits. Yay for tits.

From a business standpoint, I don't see why Bar would get the cover. Because she's dating Leo? Well, that's not really getting U.S. media attention for SI to factor it in, by my guess. And as swimsuit appearances go, she's a novice, although I liked her photos last year. I think the situation is sort of the same for ABB: SI is a U.S. company and ABB's general popularity in the U.S. is miniscule, despite VS and 5 or 6 appearances in the SI swimsuit edition, so her on the cover probably wouldn't boost sales in the same way Bar being on the cover wouldn't either.

From a business standpoint, I don't see why Bar would get the cover. Because she's dating Leo? Well, that's not really getting U.S. media attention for SI to factor it in, by my guess. And as swimsuit appearances go, she's a novice, although I liked her photos last year. I think the situation is sort of the same for ABB: SI is a U.S. company and ABB's general popularity in the U.S. is miniscule, despite VS and 5 or 6 appearances in the SI swimsuit edition, so her on the cover probably wouldn't boost sales in the same way Bar being on the cover wouldn't either.

I see your points, Tooboku, but I have rebuttals (as always). Look at Murphy as an example: she was a nobody before getting the cover and, as far as I'm concerned, is still a nobody. Personally, I don't have the faintest clue what else she's done. So it seems to me, getting the cover isn't the star-making moment it once was, and the last two SISE covers seem to have been the death knell proving that. I mean, if you put Beyonce on the cover, clearly this is no longer about new faces and making stars.

And the idea that popularity among those fashion-inclined doesn't translate to mainstream success is exactly my point. Bar hasn't acheived U.S. mainstream success and neither has ABB.

As for Marisa... let me put it this way: this is the Sports Illustrated Simsuit edition we're talking about, and when "The Best Damn Sports Show Period" did a public-vote-based competition to find the hottest woman out there, Marisa beat out Gisele, Adriana, Eva Longoria, etc. to be #1. She's an American model that sports fans love. If that's not overwhelming proof the cover should go to Marisa, I don't know what is.

I see your points, Tooboku, but I have rebuttals (as always). Look at Murphy as an example: she was a nobody before getting the cover and, as far as I'm concerned, is still a nobody. Personally, I don't have the faintest clue what else she's done. So it seems to me, getting the cover isn't the star-making moment it once was, and the last two SISE covers seem to have been the death knell proving that. I mean, if you put Beyonce on the cover, clearly this is no longer about new faces and making stars.

And the idea that popularity among those fashion-inclined doesn't translate to mainstream success is exactly my point. Bar hasn't acheived U.S. mainstream success and neither has ABB.

As for Marisa... let me put it this way: this is the Sports Illustrated Simsuit edition we're talking about, and when "The Best Damn Sports Show Period" did a public-vote-based competition to find the hottest woman out there, Marisa beat out Gisele, Adriana, Eva Longoria, etc. to be #1. She's an American model that sports fans love. If that's not overwhelming proof the cover should go to Marisa, I don't know what is.

Guest sweet seduction

i don't think marissa should get the cover, look at her face is :x to be in the cover you have to have a nice face too, not just a nice body. i do think a model she get the cover instead of a celebrity. probably s.i. is going to put a celebrity just to sell. they would probably end up giving it to jessica alba or something like that, because they know she would sell a lot, everybody is obsessed with her. i think they should give it to isabelli the cover. she needs to do s.i. again.

Ooooooooooooooooh....

She just called Miller a butterface.

Marissa is actually really pretty. She has really good bone structure and you don't get scouted on the beach just for having a nice body. If you've seen some of her earlier VS work, you'll know exactally what I mean. It's just when she's out in the sun for too long, she mysteriously turns into a frecklebeast. (Too bad for her she's one of the top swimsuit models) An incredibly hot frecklebeast but if it's gonna be a cover shoot, you can bet they will be some decent makeup on set.