Bellazon

How famous are models from your country in your country/what models are famous in your country?

ninanina19

No one knows I'm obsessed with models here. No one here likes me enough to care :\ .

i don't talk about it because i know some of my friends would be like "models ? what do they do beside being pretty ? and even then it's arguable..." so i just enjoy visiting BZ and tFS when i'm home alone :hehe:

I wish I knew someone who knew who like Gisele Bundchen is. Seriously. People look at me like I'm crazy when I'm able to identify the VS models.

here in brazil everybody knows who is gisele and naomi is very known too because she is always here,ana hickman is known mainly because she has a daily tv show,raica because she dated ronaldo,the soccer player,who makes every girl he dates known and leticia because she did a very popular soap ophera and isabelli because her husband is an actor.ana beatriz,izabel,alessandra and adriana are not so popular,adriana is known as the model who dated lenny,but gisele is like a godness here,whenever she is here is madness,people go crazy so as the press.

here in brazil everybody knows who is gisele and naomi is very known too because she is always here,ana hickman is known mainly because she has a daily tv show,raica because she dated ronaldo,the soccer player,who makes every girl he dates known and leticia because she did a very popular soap ophera and isabelli because her husband is an actor.ana beatriz,izabel,alessandra and adriana are not so popular,adriana is known as the model who dated lenny,but gisele is like a godness here,whenever she is here is madness,people go crazy so as the press.

Yeah, I told them.

Unbelievable how Isabeli is so popular here to get the Vogue cover every freakin' month :/

here in Canada (at least eastern canada), if you asked the "general public" which models they would know, i think that they'd know Cindy, Naomi, Kate, Tyra, Heidi, Claudia, Niki Taylor, and that might be it. some people might know Iman, or recognize the name at least. also, i think more and more people would know "Gisele", but even people like my father who knows absolutely NOTHING about fashion or celebrities knows Cindy, Claudia and Tyra.

In Poland, there is not much interest in fashion, so most Polish models known abroad are not recognised here.

There is one model, though, named Agnieszka Maciag, who is some kind of a celebrity here:

56004c7638kq1.jpg

Also, another model who gained some fame in recent years was Magda Mielcarz... not because of her moderate modelling success, but thanks to a role in a Polish film, "Quo Vadis":

04e013dio2.jpg

Apart from that, there's really little talk about other models. The only model who might be written about from time to time is probably Magdalena Wrobel:

magdalenawrobel15050eb4oj7.jpg

Such a shame not to talk about models when you have Anja Rubik and Magdalena Frackowiak :no:

And my favourite Anna Maria Jagodzińska :-( Polish people loves saying that Polish women are the most beautiful in the world, but knows nothing about most successful (and beautiful) models :-( They are not appearing so often in polish magazines-I mean, these most popular like Anja etc..... I think that only "PANI" likes to have editorials with in every issue with our top model. In their last issue there are editorials with Marcelina Sowa and Kasia Struss.