Bellazon

Josie Maran

Check out your local drugstore for new Maybelline ads called "Crimson Blaze" Josie looks so stunning.

From maybelline.nl

josie4bp.th.jpg josie28xv.th.jpg

Here's the new ads...the makeup's a bit harsher than usual...but I don't think she looks bad at all.

ah well i like those then, i think she looks very pretty :)

well i will admit, that despite my little sarcastic remark, one of the reasons i stopped liking josie maran was that she was looking a bit....wasted...in all her candids. i havent seen the new maybelline ads though so i have no idea how she looks in them...

Heh, wow.

/puts on his sexist hat

...why is it that it doesn't surprise me that this is coming from a woman?

why doesnt it surprise me that this asinine and unintelligent comment is coming from you?

Yes, because I have *such* a history of asinine and unintelligent comments? Why doesn't someone remind me? That insinuation is so false it makes me laugh, and the fact that the exact opposite is true, my posts are never like that, was the reason I thought that comment would be taken as it was, a joke, but apparently I was wrong.

In addition, I could have worded it more carefully and specifically and labeled it as social commentary on how women seem to hold other women to a higher standard for one reason or another. "Sexism" is all a measure of language, except in cases of genuine misogyny, which isn't the case here. I would have thought the labeling of the "sexist hat" would have given that away, but I apparently can't hold this board to that level of humor, basic sarcasm, so I'll just keep my jokes on the level of the "Knock Knock" variety.

Unless of course, you've never been to college and don't believe me that discussing the differences between men and women is something people can do. Heck, I even took a class senior year of high school called "Deconstructing Gender" in which stereotypes and assumptions were examined in detail, in mixed company. If you have a problem with my choice of words, that's totally acceptable, but if you're going to say it's stupid and assinine, try to actually come up with a retort for the argument.

But hey, I'll end this thread jack and would entertain discussion in PMs.

Edited by tdpatriots12

We all know Josie's bi, but how come I never see or hear of her dating women? I guess she turned straight... lol

The story came from her appearance on Howard Stern where she said she'd cruise around town with David Blaine and she'd pick out girls to have a threesome with them.

Sign me up for that.

she never said that you;ve got it mixed up buddy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josie_Maran

An avowed bisexual, Josie revealed on the Howard Stern show that despite having boyfriends - one of whom was the famed illusionist/magician, David Blaine - she also enjoys sex with women, including adult movie actress Jenna Jameson.

On Friday (January 20th), Josie's sub-forum will be closed and merged into a single thread in the model forum. This is due to her retirement. We feel she no longer needs the sub-forum if she won't be doing much (if any) work at all.

We all know Josie's bi, but how come I never see or hear of her dating women? I guess she turned straight... lol

The story came from her appearance on Howard Stern where she said she'd cruise around town with David Blaine and she'd pick out girls to have a threesome with them.

Sign me up for that.

she never said that you;ve got it mixed up buddy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josie_Maran

An avowed bisexual, Josie revealed on the Howard Stern show that despite having boyfriends - one of whom was the famed illusionist/magician, David Blaine - she also enjoys sex with women, including adult movie actress Jenna Jameson.

yeh look i have the entire clip of her appearance on howard stern, she never mentioned anything about jenna jammeson or cruising round in cars with blaine, check the interview before commenting ;)

Yes, because I have *such* a history of asinine and unintelligent comments?

Why doesn't someone remind me? That insinuation is so false it makes me laugh, and the fact that the exact opposite is true, my posts are never like that, was the reason I thought that comment would be taken as it was, a joke, but apparently I was wrong.

actually you do. bree conden thread. it has since been deleted.

In addition, I could have worded it more carefully and specifically and labeled it as social commentary on how women seem to hold other women to a higher standard for one reason or another. "Sexism" is all a measure of language, except in cases of genuine misogyny, which isn't the case here. I would have thought the labeling of the "sexist hat" would have given that away, but I apparently can't hold this board to that level of humor, basic sarcasm, so I'll just keep my jokes on the level of the "Knock Knock" variety.

ah you see...you could've worded it more carefully but instead you chose not to, which is exactly why i chose to respond as i did. personally, i dont believe i hold other women to a higher standard but then again i'm not sure if you mean that women hold other women to a higher standard than they hold men or that women hold women to a higher standard than men do. but the bottom line is that i didnt appreciate my comment being attributed to my sex when you dont know me well enough to make that assumption. you could've attributed it to me, the individual, and honestly that wouldnt have bothered me. but once you start implying that my comment has to do with my sex, when i dont believe that's the case, then i dont have much to say to you.

Unless of course, you've never been to college and don't believe me that discussing the differences between men and women is something people can do. Heck, I even took a class senior year of high school called "Deconstructing Gender" in which stereotypes and assumptions were examined in detail, in mixed company. If you have a problem with my choice of words, that's totally acceptable, but if you're going to say it's stupid and assinine, try to actually come up with a retort for the argument.

i called it stupid and asinine because you didnt offer anything to back your statement. you are aware that you didnt offer an argument right? that you didnt even bother to explain what aspect of my comment struck you as something a female would say until this reply. so i'm so sorry if i didnt come up with a real argument, but neither did you, and so that's all you received in return.

actually you do. bree conden thread. it has since been deleted.

I have no qualms with being proven wrong, I don't recall visiting the Bree Conden thread that much (not a big fan) but I don't remember what I said. I don't really need proof, but if you could paraphrase what was said that'd be nice.

I have kicked up dirt in the Adriana threads from time to time but I believe it was clear that it was in good faith. Ie, some people were arguing over Adriana so I made some comment like "Wow, there's a lot of division among Adriana fans. This will unite you. "Adriana = Overrated, Discuss"."

Plus, I'd say for every Bree Conden post there are plenty more like "Board Unity" or the one I did about the Bellazon tag. Or any contributions I've made, mostly the SI videos or to some of the actresses.

I personally don't have any problems attributing personality traits, comments, or observations to sex or gender (they're different things, obviously) because there are differences, but I agree, I should have actually made my argument.

And to clarify, I meant to say in my reply that women hold women to higher standards than men hold women. I can't get more specific than that because those standards can vary greatly.

So, my opinion on the different standards combined with my generally bad attitude towards dissing a model or actress in her own thread (yes, I've done this before and I scold myself afterwords) likely combined resulted in my reply being worded as such.

Edited by tdpatriots12