Bellazon

Alyssa Miller
Thumbnail

sedirea

• 2 weeks later...

Model Confidential With Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model Alyssa Miller!

What is your personal motto?

I guess to treat others how you yourself would like to be treated. With this career I feel I can easily lose track of what is important, but at the end of the day this is just a job and we are all just people.

Do you have a good luck charm?

Yes, it is an opal ring that belonged to my grandmother. They say you are not supposed to wear opal unless it is your birthstone. I still wear it or carry it every time I travel; it reminds me of home and my family.

What is the one designer piece that you will NEVER get rid of?

I have a number of Chanel bags, mostly vintage, but I feel particularly attached to a dark blue one. It is the first one I ever bought new from the store. It was a very big deal for me because it was the first time I had ever bought something so expensive or extravagant.

What is the most random thing you carry in your bag with you?

I carry so many random things in my bag! Extra underwear, floss, you name it. I also always carry dog treats - a bone and a toy for my dog Charlie. You can never be too prepared!

What is the most extreme beauty look you have modeled?

The most extreme would have to be the two times I shot body painting with Sports Illustrated. The prep alone is quite intense –ready for it? You have to make sure you are completely hairless, which is harder than it sounds. You know all that baby fuzz that covers your body? That has to go. Then starts the grueling 12-15 hour painting process. My most recent body painting shoot was shot this past December; my call time was 2am. I must have gotten an hour or two of sleep, then straight to work. Within 15 minutes I had thrown up twice from the powerful chemical fumes. I still had to stand for almost the rest of the 15 hour process. Then you still have to shoot. I would do it all again though. Not everyone can say they have had their bodies painted for the swimsuit issue, twice!!

What are some of your favorite songs at the moment?

I am really liking Feral Hymns, “Forward Towards Something.” Frank Ocean, “Sweet Life.” Lykkie Li, “I Follow You.” John Legend, “Who Did That to You,” from the Django: Unchained soundtrack. Kendrick Lamar, “Money Trees”. Mumford and Sons, “Babel.”

If you were stranded on a desert island, which other model BFF would you want there with you?

Probably my sister, Chelsea Miller. She knows when I need her and when I need to be left alone!