Bellazon

Amy Winehouse
Thumbnail

Nemeside

R.I.P. Amy Winehouse. Can't say I'm surprised, though. She has been on a downward spiral for some time now, so it just seems like a matter of time. Still, since she was talented singer whose music I bought and enjoyed, always hoped she'd right the ship, and then continue to give us years of more music. Ironically, she died at age 27, and many legendary artists, such as Jimi Hendrix, Curt Cobain, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison of the Doors, among others have died at that same age.

I am terribly saddened by this news :(

Amy has been struggling her problems with drugs for a long time, the release of a new album had been constantly delayed as it was obvious she's still not able to work at her best... She was supposed to have a concert here in Poland. I remember when I read about it, I was excited for this news but my next thought was: uhmmm, I'm not sure if we can expect her to show up at the concert? Maybe it will be cancelled... and so a few weeks later she had this disastrous performance in Serbia....

I don't know, we could see this happen but as she got out of her toxic marriage and was with this new guy, I thought she'd be able to overcome her problems/addictions.... such a talented, gifted performer..... One of my favourite singers, may her troubled soul rest in peace :(