Bellazon

General gaming talk

Enrico_sw

On 8/31/2021 at 5:29 PM, Enrico_sw said:

Wow... I've seen the footage and some analyses and yeah, it doesn't look great. It's sad... this IP has so much potential!!

I wonder if the Alien franchise is just a bunch of false hopes, like Terminator and Star Wars.  

After viewing more of the footage my childhood fantasy of an awesome Aliens vs Human war seems to be shattered. In game form it just looks very repetitive.  When I think of great Aliens media, it's the stories that stand out rather than the organism of the Alien alone.  A whole game of nothing but the hive or infested areas doesn't work on its own.  All of this makes Aliens Isolation more and more brilliant..

The Aliens vs bugs trope seems to have been done best, and most creatively by Blizzard for their Starcraft games. 

The cyberpunk drama is still going on, with delayed patches and no expansion.  The DLC will not ! be free.

The full game was being sold at Best Buy on sale for $10.  

At this point CD is just trying to fix the game to please Polish regulators, and bandaid their reputation.

5 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

I wonder if the Alien franchise is just a bunch of false hopes, like Terminator and Star Wars. 

Star Wars is a great franchise. And so is Terminator. You know why they failed recently. We all know it. It's because it was over-politicized by the same people as usual. The whole American entertainment industry is plagued with it. That's why they killed Joel in TLOU 2 (he was a male and male is bad according to the fanatics).

The whole American entertainment industry is self destructing with these fanatical beliefs. It's never a smart marketing policy to over-politicize your products. Some of these companies will learn it the hard way.

Look at Jedi Fallen order. This game was great, because they didn't politicize it. Same for the Mandalorian series.

Japanese  or French developers are less affected by this syndrome. I guess it will be the same for the Chinese.

After viewing more of the footage my childhood fantasy of an awesome Aliens vs Human war seems to be shattered. In game form it just looks very repetitive.  When I think of great Aliens media, it's the stories that stand out rather than the organism of the Alien alone.  A whole game of nothing but the hive or infested areas doesn't work on its own.  All of this makes Aliens Isolation more and more brilliant..

The Aliens vs bugs trope seems to have been done best, and most creatively by Blizzard for their Starcraft games. 

Alien vs Predator and AvP 2 (in 1999 and 2001) were great games IMHO.

The cyberpunk drama is still going on, with delayed patches and no expansion.  The DLC will not ! be free.

The full game was being sold at Best Buy on sale for $10.  

At this point CD is just trying to fix the game to please Polish regulators, and bandaid their reputation.

This is really sad. This company had so much promises. It's really really sad. :/

Cyberpunk is a pretty good game on PC (if you put the bugs aside of course....)

You’re invited: PlayStation Showcase 2021 Broadcast next Thursday

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/02/youre-invited-playstation-showcase-2021-broadcast-next-thursday/

Playstation showcase next thursday! :bounce:

There's gonna be some GoW, Horizon forbidden west and FF16! And maybe new things!