Bellazon

General gaming talk

Enrico_sw

popped up on my youtube recommendation:

I remember this one, it's quite funny! His impression of the wolf's voice in the first minutes is quite accurate (not so much after that).

He has another pretty good video on Dark Souls 3.

wow, he has a few Dork Souls videos:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Shezmen88/videos

Yes, they're good and pretty accurate. You can feel that he really played the games.

I remember his Fallout video too. BTW, I wish Bethesda didn't screw Fallout up... This franchise has so much potential :/ (I'll stop here before I ramble on again)

I finished book 8 of the Witcher and started on the main series, Blood of Elves (Book 3).  Book 8 is excellent, I enjoyed it more than 1 and 2.  It is hard not to admire the skill, creativity, cleverness, and diverse knowledge of the author.  He manages to write a long story which hits many themes at once- adventure, philosophy, romance, sociology, comedy, poetry, etc. while seeming very natural and flowing.

Also, Yennefer grows to become more and more likeable as you can see her trying to help and support Geralt. 

The Cat school Witcher is met at the end of book 8, as for a character named Nimue.

Book 3 is where the iconic characters appear-  The Witcher Fortress (Kaer Moran), Trish, Eskel, etc.  So I am already at certain preview scenes of Season 2 of the show.  The Wild Hunt is mentioned in one of the side stories, and appears in Book 3 too.  Also, Nilfgaard as the "evil empire" makes its first appearance in Book 3.

I wonder if Dandelion will fade more into the background.  Chronologically, the side stories take place before the main story, and Dandelion is the most important character next to Geralt and accompanies him through his adventures as his sidekick & comedic relief.  This is alluded to in the Witcher 3, along with Dandelion's role in immortalizing Geralt & Yennefer through his stories, songs, and poetry. 

In the game, Dandelion is big in the early portion of the game and fades a bit later on as well.  But he comes back later on.   I anticipate that book 3 will take the focus from him to Ciri.

5 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

@Enrico_sw  did you play the lady orianna mission in Blood and Wine?  

I met her in the main story arcs, but I didn't choose her path (that leads to the unseen elder). I chose the path where you meet Syanna in the illusion world.

I've seen her quest on youtube afterwards and she really is a b***. She uses her orphanage and her fake "philanthropy" to feed off kids... That's typically the kind of characters I dislike.

Are there many vampire references in the books?

5 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

It looks good but it seems that we've already seen most of these scenes, either in the leaks or in previous trailers.

I wonder if George RR Martin still works on the project or if he has already finished the main storyline (and it's mostly the teams that have to finish the work). This guy is never gonna finish his books :laugh:

^Looks really good and it's definitely a Souls game... I like the bastard sword, I already know it's what I'm gonna play with (or the claymore if there's one - cause it was slightly better in ds3). Perfect balance between size, strength and speed.

20 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

I met her in the main story arcs, but I didn't choose her path (that leads to the unseen elder). I chose the path where you meet Syanna in the illusion world.

I've seen her quest on youtube afterwards and she really is a b***. She uses her orphanage and her fake "philanthropy" to feed off kids... That's typically the kind of characters I dislike.

Are there many vampire references in the books?

The Illusion world was great, that was the right option.  Orianna isn't in the books (so far..).  I just wondered if you realized that the original CGI trailer for the game was the ending!!

With vampires, I haven't met them yet.  I know that Regis, who is very important in Blood and Wine is a big character in the books.   I always felt that, when I was watching Blood and Wine- that I was missing a lot about what was going on with Regis.  

I finished book 3 (Blood of Elves) yesterday.  This book is essential reading for the Witcher 2 as it sets up the world building for the elf rebels, King Foltest, the war.  It also introduces the dwarves, Triss, Shani, Nilfgaard and it's king,Dijastra and his spies,  gets deep into child Ciri, builds more on Yennefer, introducing the Viking land Skellige and its characters etc.  Overall a good book, interesting beginning to end.

Related to the appeal of the Witcher/character of Geralt, after finishing this 8 hr course on the philosophy of Homer's Odysessy as it related to the modern day, it strikes me as apparent that the professor could be talking about the character of Geralt, instead of Odysseus.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nQTxv6jHLI&t=3751s

19 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

^Looks really good and it's definitely a Souls game... I like the bastard sword, I already know it's what I'm gonna play with (or the claymore if there's one - cause it was slightly better in ds3). Perfect balance between size, strength and speed.

They should have called it SoulsSekiro  !   I agree it looks good and intriguing.