Bellazon

General gaming talk

Enrico_sw

58 minutes ago, Matt! said:

Oh okay. I don't think a baseball bat is any good in this game though :biggrin:

I saw Holly's character model in the trailer and she has muscular forearms.  She is supposed to be especially good with melee weapons.

However I don't think any of the melee weapons are good because the player risks getting hit by numerous monsters.  Nobody in Nightmare mode used them.  I don't know how they will polish and balance this aspect of the game.

6 minutes ago, Matt! said:

So you have at least 3080/3090 gpu? :biggrin:

The RTX 3090 is a monster, I'm not ready to put 2500+ € in a GPU.:laugh: At best, the PS5 equals a RTX 2070 super, maybe a 2080 :p

But then again, I guess it's not only the hardware. Coding matters more and more now that components are getting really expensive and it depends whether the developers optimize their code for one platform or not.

I guess that Cyberpunk showed us that those who try to develop a multi-platform cross-gen game tend to  have a hard time...

Demon souls is my favourite exclusive so far. Horizon forbidden west looks good as well, but it's not gonna be before 2022. What about you?

Just now, Enrico_sw said:

The RTX 3090 is a monster, I'm not ready to put 2500+ € in a GPU.:laugh: At best, the PS5 equals a RTX 2070 super, maybe a 2080 :p

But then again, I guess it's not only the hardware. Coding matters more and more now that components are getting really expensive and it depends whether the developers optimize their code for one platform or not.

I guess that Cyberpunk showed us that those who try to develop a multi-platform cross-gen game tend to  have a hard time...

Demon souls is my favourite exclusive so far. Horizon forbidden west looks good as well, but it's not gonna be before 2022. What about you?

You said consoles which is includes the Series X. ;) In terms of raw power Series X is pretty close to 2080TI which is equal to 3070. 

You're right, porting games to different platforms has its difficulties and usually it's the consoles that take the hit (of course there are exceptions where the PC port is actually worse) 

About CP2077, they developed the game for PC and THEN tried to port it to 7-8 year old consoles. 

For this year: Metroid Dread, GTA5 Expanded and Enhanced, CP2077 next-gen version, Back 4 Blood and Dying Light 2. 

Answer to your question, yes absolutely you should get one (PS5). Consoles are a lot of fun.

1 hour ago, Matt! said:

Answer to your question, yes absolutely you should get one (PS5). Consoles are a lot of fun.

Did you manage to get a PS5? How are the controllers and the adaptive triggers; does it change the experience a lot?

1 hour ago, Matt! said:

This is the true next gen. 

The rocks look like they're from a movie :bounce: (even better than some movies). The only thing that bothers me is when we're gonna see the games. Everything seems to be delayed this year.

I hope the development times aren't gonna be increased to much by next gen.

On 8/28/2021 at 8:15 AM, Enrico_sw said:

This game is totally next gen. I think it's the beginning of AAA international Chinese games.

It looks like God of War and Sekiro, games that have been GOTYs recently.

The graphics are awesome. If they have a good storyline/characters and a challenging gameplay, this game will definitely be huge!

Yep, huge influence from Sekiro especially.  I heard, however, that the team working on this game isn't big.  Strange that the demo looks so good, and like a AAA production.

It really seems like the impact of Dark Souls/Fromsoft has been huge.  It has been influencing many games, including a lot of indie games.

^

There's very little about the game, the platform reminds me of Elysium and Wall-E, but most of all- Bioshock!

It is tragic that the company dissolved after Bioshock Infinite.  The IP is still around. 

A high quality, AAA remake would be amazing.  Or  a Bioshock 4.  

I still think that Bioshock is one of the top 3 game stories ever made.

Oddly enough I miss enjoying enclosed super-spaces, like supermalls over here (King of Prussia and American Dream) due to the pandemic.  

From what I've seen,  the Aliens Fireteam elite game basically has only 2 types of Aliens:  (although there are variations of each, they are hard to distinguish).  

A small dog like Alien that runs at you (Alien 3) and an upright, briskly walking Xenomorph (Alien).  The running Aliens are easy to kill individually, but attack in large numbers.  The large Alien is a huge bullet sponge, and only come in individually.

There are tons of dog Aliens, and the walking Xenomorph is comparatively rare.

Not a fan of this creative choice, I wonder how the gameplay would turn out if they focused on the Xenomorphs and the Warrior Aliens from ALIENS instead of so many dog Aliens.

On 8/30/2021 at 3:24 PM, Cult Icon said:

From what I've seen,  the Aliens Fireteam elite game basically has only 2 types of Aliens:  (although there are variations of each, they are hard to distinguish).  

A small dog like Alien that runs at you (Alien 3) and an upright, briskly walking Xenomorph (Alien).  The running Aliens are easy to kill individually, but attack in large numbers.  The large Alien is a huge bullet sponge, and only come in individually.

There are tons of dog Aliens, and the walking Xenomorph is comparatively rare.

Not a fan of this creative choice, I wonder how the gameplay would turn out if they focused on the Xenomorphs and the Warrior Aliens from ALIENS instead of so many dog Aliens.

Wow... I've seen the footage and some analyses and yeah, it doesn't look great. It's sad... this IP has so much potential!!

On 8/30/2021 at 4:33 AM, Cult Icon said:

^

There's very little about the game, the platform reminds me of Elysium and Wall-E, but most of all- Bioshock!

It is tragic that the company dissolved after Bioshock Infinite.  The IP is still around. 

A high quality, AAA remake would be amazing.  Or  a Bioshock 4.  

I still think that Bioshock is one of the top 3 game stories ever made.

Oddly enough I miss enjoying enclosed super-spaces, like supermalls over here (King of Prussia and American Dream) due to the pandemic.  

It could be good... the artwork is really nice, but since it's Bethesda...:rolleyes: Many gamers (myself included) won't forget what they did with Fallout.

I watched a weapons analysis for Back 4 Blood..  looks like the M14 (7.62mm) type rifle is the best weapon currently.  

The best Alpha playthrough has the player use excellent communications, lots of headshots, and the M14.  The advantage is that the M14 is accurate and has stopping power at all ranges.  It is also funny to see players use the M14, a weapon derived from the WW2 M1 Garand and even has the same sights.

This brings to mind the eternal 5.56 vs 7.62 mm debate.  The game has the 7.62mm do more than2-3 times the damage of the 5.56, which is way too much.  In real life it's more like 50%.

The best SMG in the game is the PDW, a rare weapon in real life (expensive and uses rare ammunition).  The best assault rifle is the AK-47.  The best shotgun is the semi-automatic Benelli.  The best pistol is the Desert Eagle (expensive and uses rare ammuntion in real life..).

The best high power sniper rifle is a big game hunting rifle over the Barrett.  Best MG is the M249.

It is odd how they balanced the M249.  They gave it low damage while it uses 5.56.  Also, the RPK and M249 reduce running speed, which is a significant disadvantage.

On 8/29/2021 at 6:04 PM, Enrico_sw said:

Did you manage to get a PS5? How are the controllers and the adaptive triggers; does it change the experience a lot?

Sorry I missed this one. I actually got myself an Xbox Series X and I've been really happy with my decision. The game pass is pure bliss. I haven't tried the PS5 controller yet but I've heard it's really good.