Bellazon

News

Neo52285

Tom and Gisele Engaged? Not True, Say Relatives

Don't believe the holiday engagement rumors swirling around supermodel Gisele Bündchen and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.

Brady's father, Tom Brady Sr., told The Boston Globe on Friday that reports of his son's engagement were "rumor, rumor, rumor ... We don't know a thing about it. Nobody told me. We talked to him and there's nothing to say."

The Boston Herald reported that the couple strolled down Bean Town's Beacon Street on Friday – and that Bündchen, 28, was without an engagement ring.

Bündchen's twin sister, Patricia, also denied the report, saying in an e-mail that the engagement story – which first surfaced on TMZ – is "not true."

Reached by PEOPLE, Bündchen's rep declined to comment. Stacey James, a spokesman for the Patriots, responded, "I heard the report that he [proposed] on a plane, but I don't think it's true." Still, he added, "Tom keeps his private life private."

source: People.com

post-19430-1230463176_thumb.jpg

Gisele Bündchen & Tom Brady Are Engaged!

Originally posted Monday January 12, 2009 11:30 AM EST

Forget the Super Bowl party, it's time to plan a wedding.

Gisele Bündchen and Tom Brady are making some major post-season plans after getting engaged in Los Angeles over the weekend, PEOPLE has learned.

The New England Patriots quarterback, 31, proposed with a diamond solitaire to the Brazilian supermodel, 28, on Friday.

"He asked and she accepted," a source close to the couple tells PEOPLE. Family and friends were informed over the weekend. An official announcement, as well as preliminary wedding details, are being planned by Bündchen and her closest friends this week.

"The couple is discussing a huge fashionista event in the spring or a more intimate and quicker ceremony in Costa Rica, where Gisele has a home," the source adds.

First Marriage for Both

While engagement rumors flew

More on Gisele's ELLE covers - according to the RED campaign, she will be on a grand total of 30 ELLE covers worldwide, including UK! :D Yay!

ELLE, Fashion has its Heart in the Right Place!

Posted on: Friday, 16 January 2009, 07:00 CST

In a publishing 'first' 30 Editions of Elle magazine team up with Bono, Gisele Bundchen and Scarlett Johansson in the fight against AIDS in Africa.

NEW YORK, Jan. 16 /PRNewswire/ -- In just over 2 years, (PRODUCT)RED partners and events have generated over 120 million USD to help eliminate AIDS in Africa. Now, the ELLE network will simultaneously feature (RED) in more than thirty editions globally, with content provided by Gisele Bundchen, Scarlett Johansson and Bono.

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20090116/NY59709-a)

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20090116/NY59709-b)

By launching this large-scale initiative, ELLE is backing (RED) a brand created in 2006 by the lead singer of U2 and activist, Bono, and Bobby Shriver, an American philanthropist, to help eliminate AIDS in Africa. Money is generated through the involvement of partner brands who design and sell specific (PRODUCT)RED branded products and contribute up to 50% of the profits to the Global Fund* to invest in African AIDS programs with an emphasis on the health of women and children.

The number of countries involved and the simultaneous publication of the features across the ELLE network make this a global 'first' in publishing. From mid-January to the end of February, ELLE will speak with one voice to more than 20 million readers through some thirty international editions.

The issue will appear on January 17, 2009 in ELLE France and in the February issues of 30 other international editions go on sale in mid-January (except for the UK, Japan and Quebec editions which will be dated March 2009 and go on sale at the end of January).

About (RED)TM and (PRODUCT)RED

(RED)'s primary objective is to engage the private sector in raising awareness and funds for the Global Fund, to help eliminate AIDS in Africa. Companies whose products take on the (PRODUCT)RED mark contribute a significant percentage of the sales or portion of the profits from that product to the Global Fund to finance AIDS programs in Africa, with an emphasis on the health of women and children. Current partners are: American Express (U.K. only), Apple, Converse, Gap, Emporio Armani, Hallmark, Dell, Windows and Starbucks. Since its launch in the Spring of 2006, more than $120 million has been generated by (RED) for the Global Fund. (RED) money is at work in Swaziland, Rwanda, Ghana and Lesotho. For more information, visit http://www.joinred.com/

About The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria

Since its creation in 2002, the Global Fund has become the dominant financer of programs to fight AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, with approved funding of US $15 billion for programs in 140 countries. The Global Fund supports programs based on agreed performance targets and disburses money in response to proven results. So far, programs supported by the Global Fund have averted more than 2.5 million deaths by providing AIDS treatment for 2 million people, TB treatment for 4.6 million people, and by the distribution of 70 million insecticide-treated bed nets for the prevention of malaria worldwide. For more information visit www.theglobalfund.org.

SOURCE (PRODUCT)RED

Source: PR Newswire

Source: Red Orbit

I just read this on tFS

Gisele and Tom Brady Aren’t Engaged After All

Ten days ago, People reported Gisele Bündchen and Tom Brady were engaged for real. And we believed them, because it's hard not to trust a magazine that's — in all seriousness — quite well-reported, yet also so colorful. But Gisele told Brazilian magazine Caras she's not engaged after all. The Boston Herald reports:

“I don’t know how people are so creative,” said Gi, who was back home in Brazil for São Paulo Fashion Week. “First they said he proposed to me in a plane. Imagine, it was Dec. 24, Christmas, we were flying to Boston, then there was some champagne and we celebrated the date.

“Ready? Someone deduced I was getting engaged! I received more than 100 e-mails from friends commenting about the proposal. Now there’s a new rumor, that he proposed to me on last Friday [sic]. I wasn’t even there, how can that be true?”

from nymag

So the rumors weren't true, yet again ? What a surprise :cain:

The thing that annoys me the most about those incessant engagement rumors is that it gives me the impression that they are trying to force Gisele and Tom to get engaged. I don't know how Gisele feels about it but that's my sentiment :ermm:

I just saw in a brazilian site that Gisele was asked to shoot a cover with Kate Moss and she didn't want to because she doesn't like Kate :ermm: They were shot separately for the Versace campaign. She probably didn't say that. And even though I understand Gisele wants to shoot OG eds only, but if the invite came from US Vogue or Vogue Paris she should've said yes!